5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MooseShoes

Quick look at the results. What's that? Victor Crone 3rd???

And I thought :se: were trolling us when they sent Voices and when Bigger than the Universe won the MF televote. Sweet Jesus!

Ezio

Veteran
Melodifestivalen really needs to downsize. They don’t have enough material for 4 shows. Disappointed in JHF, that’s his worst song so far.

Kitakaze

Actually really liked a lot of the songs tonight and felt the results were fair. Just a shame that Jon Henrik, Tone, Victor & LouLou aren’t competing with their strongest songs and that the bar wasn’t raised but I was happy to see them all go through even if LouLou missed out.

DanielLuis

oof they're saying that no songs from heat 2 or heat 3 would do better at ESC than Tone or JHF....
If that's true, good luck Sweden, may Loreen save you

CPV4931

I really loved "Rhythm of My Show" and also wasn´t that disappointed in General with the opening show like most were. But Eva & Ewa deserved at least to qualify for AC imo

HarryUK

Veteran
I'm always out of the loop with Melfest as I only normally watch the final, unless an artist I love is competing and I'll watch their semi final too. Does anyone know when the songs for next Saturday's heat are released? Wiktoria is competing in heat 2 & I'm only watching her & Loreen's semi's and I'm dying to hear both songs

Ezio

Veteran
Christel Ball is kinda shady. :ROFLMAO:

And her tweeter has an Edgar Ellen Poe theme, why?

alca

I'm always out of the loop with Melfest as I only normally watch the final, unless an artist I love is competing and I'll watch their semi final too. Does anyone know when the songs for next Saturday's heat are released? Wiktoria is competing in heat 2 & I'm only watching her & Loreen's semi's and I'm dying to hear both songs
Thursday morning at 7am CET (1 min snippets).

Fluke

Just wondering, did NOBODY here actually like Elov & Beny?

lasse braun

with huge delay i have watched all 7 semi 1 songs (2 on youtube because not available at svtplay).
here are my votes.
you know my door is hard. xcookie

Diamonds – Victor Crone 0/10
Raggen går – Elov & Beny 1/10
Haunted – Rejhan 0/10
Inga sorger – Loulou LaMotte 2,5/10
Länge leve livet – Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos 1,5/10
Where You Are (Sávežan) – Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc North feat. Adam Woods 4/10
Rhythm Of My Show – Tone Sekelius 0/10

the only interesting tune was the joik thing - no good music,very outdated but this is a trend at the melo - last year there was one good song in the field and has been choosen in a tight decision.
maybe this year a repeat with loreen?
i have no idea,what's going on in sweden but this is not a good music standard.

semi 1 was one of the weakest ever seen at melo - hopely semi 2 will lift off...
xqueenbitch

empo21

Veteran

LoveHate

While it’s possible that there are some great songs still coming in the next three shows, you have to wonder why they started off with seven non-contenders in that case. If you have plenty of quality on offer you put some of that in the first show to keep people interested. The snippets alone from the first heat were so underwhelming that I watched the Norwegian final live instead.

A-lister

Veteran
So I finally got around to see semi 1 and as expected it was bad. Jon Henrik being the biggest let down with the dated and generic EDM-Pop (that was really a bad attempt at doing some sort of Keiino 2019), his previous entries were much better.

I actually think LouLou had the best entry, but the live delivery still hurts my ears unfortunately so I get why it flopped. For some reason I thought she'd deliver a ballad, but we got a quite ok Swedish Schlager-Dance-Pop song instead.

A-lister

Veteran

Honestly, it's what she deserves. I know Loreen is competing, but I also hope these low ratings and mediocre songs lead to a poor result. Sweden is getting too comfortable.

Every year I say the same thing but needs to repeated; if they (SVT) won't do a complete revamp of this selection, kick out practically all the people currently responsible for it, stop inviting the same songwriters and rather focus more on quality than quantity and a better reflection of the Swedish music scene in general, then they are just going to kill Melodifestivalen. It's dropping viewers annually now and yes part of it is due to streaming etc and less people watching TV, but that's just a part explanation. Literally no one I know likes Melodifestivalen any longer, and these are people that just like me were super into it and invested in it like a decade ago. It just became this tragic show with dated generic radio Pop with zero purpose and personality. I don't mind good Pop, I don't mind fun music, but this is just bland and empty in its core. You can't even remember any hooks here, which for a Pop song is a bad grade, so if it can't even deliver on the most banal point of commercial Pop then what's the point?

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
And if we believe Crystal Ball (and they have been quite accurate lately), heats 2 and 3 will be even more tragic.

UMK and even MGP Norway have surpassed Melodifestivalen lately (in terms of quality).

alca

So we listened to the songs today. Here are my thoughts. Remember kids, everything is subjective!

Wiktoria - All My Life (Where Have You Been)
I didn't like any of Wiktoria's previous attempts and that's because I find her voice annoying. But I really liked this one! By far her best entry for me and surprisingly enough, I wasn't annoyed at all by her voice on this track. Pop, uptempo with an old time feel but at the same time modern. It's catchy. I think this is winning the heat.

Eden - Comfortable
Hmm... sweet, intimate, sad but nevertheless a ballad with a guitar sound that we've heard so many times and never goes far in Melodifestivalen. A good voice but I think that's it.

Uje Brandelius - Grytan
If this song gets any place above 7th it will be a miracle! Boring, slow but a classic Swedish track that yes, we have heard such a sound before but not in combination with such lyrics. The guy is talking about a stew (which is also the title of the song!) that he prepared with his girlfriend while they are waiting for company, they burn it but it's ok coz they'll order pizza etc. Apparently the song is about the perfect relationship. It's supposed to be humorous but for me it's not fun at all. It's the worst thing I've heard in years!

Panetoz - On My Way
Now this is a classic Panetoz song but for me their 2 previous entries were much better. I'm not crazy about this one. It's in Swedish despite the English title. It's uplifting with a lot of energy and they will definitely present it accordingly on stage. I'm guessing this is the second finalist.

Tennessee Tears - Now I Know
As you can tell from the name of the group, here we have a country. Such songs get eliminated in Melodifestivalen. I mean Anna Bergendahl who is an established name in Melodifestivalen, in 2 of her 3 recent entries, went to the final through andra chansen with a similar sound. So this group isn't going anywhere with an indifferent song.

Maria Sur - Never Give Up
Here we have a ballad by a Ukrainian 18-year-old who came to Sweden when the war started. She has a good voice, the song is nice with a climax towards the end which I like. The lyrics are basically about her life and what she's been through so far. An emotional song that I believe will touch the Swedes (also because of her story) and make it to the next round. To my surprise, I saw a couple of hours ago that she's a favorite to win Melodifestivalen (!). I mean, seriously? Are we gonna have another winner because of a sad background (don't get me wrong, what she's been through IS tough but the personal struggle of a person is not a reason to vote for a SONG)?

THEOZ - Mer Av Dig
Exactly in the same pattern as last year's attempt, but Som du vill was much better. I mean it's like he's sending the same song again. Nothing new. Zero evolution. I guess the presentation will be similar to last year and that's is. It's good for closing the competing part, it's happy and this is my second AC qualifier (with Maria Sur).

Top Bottom