15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

mauve

Veteran
I know this might be a heretic opinion to all
the worshippers of her majesty, but none of the acts of this year - I repeat: NONE - comes even close to Cornelia.
So i said it - go on and roast me. :mrgreen::lol:
You are not alone, Sammy. I adored Cornelia and this year everything seems very superficial.

Deleted member 12761

Tattoo has grown on me so much. The last part of the song/performance is just epic and touching. M&M are great but this is next level and she needs to win.

Semra

I think the staging etc is of course great,but whats lacking is the song,its pretty weak.The EBU will be desperate to stop a Ukraine win this year,although that will never be mentioned it is a fact.The contest has been damaged more and more by going too woke,and another charity award would be a disaster.I say that as someone who thinks Ukraine have been amazing at ESC over the years.The EBU must of been looking at every entry coming in praying that something could win the jury by enough to beat Ukraine winning the televote again by a large margin as is likely ,and then getting very worried when they saw the selections.It is possible Sweden could do just enough to secure that, but its far from given.It would have to be package way over song.There are still a few countries to play their hands though,plus entries with potential like Spain to really nail their staging/lighting etc.If someone is to beat Ukraine its likely they will need to win the jury easily and get a decent top 3 televote.
I agrre with this 'too woke' shit. Ukraine is often one of my favorite esc entries, I just love the folklore/ethnic vibes and sounds they so often bring. But if they win this year, Europe and the contest will be a laughing stock, Europeans will have shown themselves to be ridiculous and I'll not trust my neighbours for a while after...

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Something in me wants to disagree but as a delusional Cornelia stan I can't do anything but nod to this.
Probably because Euphoria is widely regarded as the Best Eurovision Song ever? It's part of the reason why I like Cornelia (and many other underrated entries) more than Euphoria.

Another reason why I like Euphoria less is because it's a Default Fave. I really don't like 2012 and many of my preshow faves bombed. In fact, my top five going INTO 2012 were Iceland, Italy, Hungary, France and Sweden (in that order). My top 4 were all horrible live, leaving Loreen to be my fave by default. This is not a good base for emotional attachment. Combined with her overdog journey just I just feel that if I have to compare Euphoria with any song that I like equally much (which is to say: a lot), I'll always give priority to the non-Euphoria entry for ranking purposes.

Incidentally, Tattoo is by far the best thing in this Melfest. It is also worse than Euphoria. It should win Melfest 2023, but mostly because there's nothing else worthy of winning. Tattoo is not Statements which went above and beyond the normal conventions of goodness (and was promptly punished for it by the Swedish public.) It is very good, and a worthy return, but not Eurovision winner material. Let us not will it into becoming one.

empo21

Veteran
Rain and Pain have been rhymed :3: times this NF (that I can count). Never Give Up, Where Did You Go, Tattoo. Two of these share a songwriter, while the 3rd one has a connection to Laurell Barker.

Mello needs a songs per songwriter limit STAT xangry

ArmpitOfEurope

If Uk last year was going to win with "Space man" if it wasnt for the ukrainian war, Loreen can win with Tattoo, lol. Juries will eat it up
and we all know she wont do too shabby in the televote either.
The only competitor I see right now is Finland, Im sure he will slay the televote, but juries wont probably back it that much.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
And here's me who loves both Tatoo and Hold me Closer. Both are one of the best swedish entries in the last decade. (Loreen will win I mean she almost has 70 % of winning on odds and will have like 500.000 views in one day).

rasmuslights

Veteran
If Loreen wins we will have the best Scandinavian trio (Norway, Sweden, Finland) ever I think, with Reiley being a good act too.

So true. I'm not particularly fond of Norway but I'm never a fan of Norwegian entries anyway so this is one of the better ones.
Reiley grew on me a lot tbh, it's a very cute song and it will probs be top 5 in the semi I think.

Shame Iceland kind of fell off. :/

But I do want to tell you that Finland is not Scandinavia - a better term would be nordic. :)

Mrm

Veteran
@EscGeek how on the Earth you don't like PANETOZ and Jon Henrik Fjallgren??????? :eek:

FINAL:

1. Panetoz - "On My Way" 10/10
2. Marcus & Martinus - "Air" 10/10
3. Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc north feat. Adam Woods – "Where are you" 10/10
4. Maria Sur - "Never Give Up 9/10
5. Smash Into Pieces -" Six Feet under" 9/10
6. Loreen - "Tattoo" 7/10
7. Paul Rey - " Royals" 4/10
8. Tone Sekelius – "Rhythm of My show" 3/10

SEMIFINAL:

1. Tennessee Tears - "Now I Know" 10+/10 xheart xheart xheart
2. Nordman - "Släpp alla sorger" 9/10
3. Melanie Wehbe - "For the Show" 7/10
4. Theoz - "Mer av dig" 6/10
5. Kiana - “Where Did You Go” 4/10
6. Elov and Beny – "Raggen GÅR" 4/10
7. Mariette - "One day" 3/10
8. Victor Crone – "Diamonds" 3/10

Realest

If Uk last year was going to win with "Space man" if it wasnt for the ukrainian war, Loreen can win with Tattoo, lol. Juries will eat it up
and we all know she wont do too shabby in the televote either.
The only competitor I see right now is Finland, Im sure he will slay the televote, but juries wont probably back it that much.

Ukraine would have won even without the War.
And btw. without the Fakejury-Points, Spain would have been 2nd, not UK.

Biscuit02

This has to be the weakest melfest in a long time, and both ''Tatoo'' and ''Air'' are really overrated in my opinion. Tatoo is worse than both Statements and Euphoria and is too generic for me. I also don't get the hype for ''Air''.

The only song I really enjoy is Jon Henrik's song and even that isn't as good as his previous entries. I am hoping he pulls a surpise win, otherwise Sweden will not be high for me this year.

EscGeek

Veteran
@EscGeek how on the Earth you don't like PANETOZ and Jon Henrik Fjallgren??????? :eek:

Just today i wrote how they both deserve a spot in the final. They're both alright, but yeah, not amazing.

"On My Way" is fun, but the replay value is just lower compared to another fun song from Elov & Beny.

JHF's entry is his best to date. On the spectrum raging from the "authentic" nordic sound you enjoy and the "fake" Keiino sound that i enjoy:lol:, he has moved closer to my side, but i guess the song still has the chill sound if that makes sense. :unsure:

Hypothetically, if either of them wins, i will not paricipate in the purge. :mrgreen:

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom