15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

Heeey, just few days and our anual MF fighting sessions begin! :cool: :p literally can't wait.. :love: be ready I will use all available weapons to defend AMAZING LouLou Lamotte and MESMERIZING Panetoz... :geek:

Lol, you know I am not super into MF any longer but sure bring it on :lol:

Of course you root for them what's new... you need to lay off the exotification Man, it's weird lol

With that said LouLou in Swedish could be interesting, I heard her first solo single in Swedish released quite recently and it was quite fine. Panetoz were one of my favs in 2016 (not in 2014 though), but I don't think they'll be able to top that (but we'll see).

Generally I am mostly curious about Loreen and Jon Henrik I think, and I think those will be the main competitors.

Realest

Finally MF-Week arrived xcheer
Let the most important NF worldwide begin xcheer

Mrm

Veteran
Lol, you know I am not super into MF any longer but sure bring it on :lol:

Of course you root for them what's new... you need to lay off the exotification Man, it's weird lol

With that said LouLou in Swedish could be interesting, I heard her first solo single in Swedish released quite recently and it was quite fine. Panetoz were one of my favs in 2016 (not in 2014 though), but I don't think they'll be able to top that (but we'll see).

Generally I am mostly curious about Loreen and Jon Henrik I think, and I think those will be the main competitors.
Hahahah it is not only they are black and I prefer them lol I really find these 2 among the most promising... :D
But generally of course Jon is my huge fave, rememer how much I cried when he lost.. I have a feeling my fave of 2023 will be Tennessee Tears, they are really the most promising.. :) you see, no black?! Hahaha :D:p

CPV4931

This year again visting Stockholm for the final, so even going to have a closer look at MF than usual :-) Looking forward to the start on Saturday

A-lister

Veteran
Hahahah it is not only they are black and I prefer them lol I really find these 2 among the most promising... :D
If you say so...
But generally of course Jon is my huge fave, rememer how much I cried when he lost.. I have a feeling my fave of 2023 will be Tennessee Tears, they are really the most promising.. :) you see, no black?! Hahaha :D:p
Lol

I am also looking forward to Wiktoria, Ida-Lova and maybe Elov & Benny and Signe & Hjördis (if the latter is the rumored Swedish "ethno-Pop" duo but seeing that SVT put them in the 2nd slot in the semi it's either weak, or it's not at all what rumored, or it's SVT as per usual trying to make Swedish dirty).

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Snippets are tomorrow?

Realest

Jon Henrik
Victor
Ewa + Rwa

The Rest

MopManMoss

Veteran
I know these are only a third of each of the song but they are all screaming Mid-lodifestivalen with Victor Crone being especially crap (but I hated storm so I am probably bias), Eva & Ewa are the only saving grace of this heat imo and thats obviously got nothing to do with their song

empo21

Veteran
Doesn't sound as strong as last year's Heat 1 and they usually put on a strong show for the first episode. Considering how stacked this heat is name-wise and how mid it is, I'm not so hopeful for what's to come.

1. Ewva - unironically love this. So old school but fun and I know they'll bring the energy. It's time for Sweden to send something camp.
2. Jon Henrik and Co - outdated combo of edm and nordic folk but it works for mello.
3. Tone Sekelius - good buildup, lame drop/chorus but likely making it DTF or AC at worst.
4. Lolou Lamotte - nice. I dont understand why she and Rejhan weren't swapped in the running order.
5. Rejhan - just nice nothing noteworthy. Could build up.
6. Song number 4 - :|
7. Victor Crone - he's outbasic'd himself. Congratulation Victor Crone 👏

Prediction: John Henrik, Tone DTF;
AC: Evwas, Victor (outside chance for Lolou if the oldies remember her)

FilipFromSweden

This year I'm gonna be really boring and strong and not listen to any snippets or look at any rehersal pictures. Fresh sights and sounds only on Saturday night

MopManMoss

Veteran
I think Victor Crone should just give up and become a bus driver or something, even when I dislike a song I can usually see what people might see in it or what the artist was trying to do but all of Crone's discography is the blandest of the bland and the fact that he actually managed to win Eesti Laul should bring great shame to Estonia

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Well. Can't say we see the glimpse of a beginning of a renewal for Melodifestivalen! Even Norway sounds less generic than this SF1 (not Denmark, eh.). My pros and cons based on these snippets:
  1. Tone. Kinda weak intro, imo. The drop/chorus is as cheap as it was in Liamoo's "Bluffin"
  2. Loulou. Cute effort, without any ambition other than trying to snatch an andra chansen spot
  3. Rejhan. You want to create an atmospheric song BUT being non-boring? Ask Alice Wonder or Duncan Laurence rather than Rejhan. I presume the snippet is the intro, but it's a complete snoozefest
  4. Elov & Beny. Probably perfect for radios and Spotify but, in the same genre, I definitely prefer Finland's Portion Boys
  5. Victor. Well, that's Victor. Bad and bland begin and end with the same letters, there's a reason and this reason is called Victor (even if, honestly I, I'm terrified, I do not hate his songs, just find them inoffensive) Instantly thinking that the melody is a ripoff (not even a sample) of a famous melody, but which one?
  6. Eva/Ewa. Well, that's Eva/Ewa. Bad song, lovely energy, I do not buy it but some will do
  7. Jon Henrik and his crew. Kinda good, but outdated. Good for mello, possibly for radios, not for posterity.
My predictions:
  • DTF: Jon Henrik and Eva/Ewa
  • AC: probably Tone and Victor, but Loulou and Elov/Beny can have it too. Not Rejhan based on this minute.

Deleted member 12761

Nothing screams winner material or even Top 10 right now but it's just the first SF.

1. Tone (this has potential if she can serve a good performance)
2. Jon Henrik (Jon elevates the song, overall it sounds generic)
3. Loulou (overall generic but it's good that she is singing in swedish. It's not bad)
4. Victor (It's okay but generic)
5. Rejhan (started promising but the full snippet sounded boring. Need to hear the full song)
6. Eva&Ewa (tragic but at least memorable)
7. Elov&Beny (super generic)

Schlagerman1

Quick comments and scores about the Melfest songs Semi 1:

1. "Rhythm Of My Show" Tone Sekelius 7/10
Very latin meets 00s pop. Reminds a lot of "Slo-mo". Tones darker voice fits quite well to the melody. Glad she gets a more contemporary sound this time, but I am not totally convinced. Still a decent song in the line up.

2. "Inga Sorger" Loulou Lamotte 5/10
A quite generic swedish popsong. Not that modern though, feels more like the ones from the 00s. Her Skånska makes the song stand out a little more, but overall, this is nothing new and nothing special.

3. "Haunted" Rejhan 8/10
The Talent-finalist from a couple of years back sings quite a beautiful ballad here. It is very tender and despite that it isn't creating something new really, it gives me a nice calmness. It has a bit of a christmas vibe in it, but can't explain how. Completly decent and if Rejhan has improved even more on stage since last we saw him on TV, then I can see him do rather well.

4. "Raggen Går" Elov & Beny 2/10
So this is Melfests try to involve the newly named genre "EPA-dunk" in the contest (named after the type of bikes and cars that youths between 14-17 can be allowed to drive and often have that kind of music on high volume while driving). I don't know though, this doesn't sound anything like it though. It makes me remind of a former Melfest song, but can't come up with which yet though. But overall, I just feel a bit meh...but I am probably not the group that this song is meant for.

5. "Diamonds" Victor Crone 1/10
I have always seen Victor as a bit too generic for become one of the faves of mine. And this might be the most generic he had in Melfest or ESC. I just want to go to bed and sleep when I hear this, so boring....xbored

6. "Länge Leve Livet" Eva & Ewa 3/10
First of all, this isn't as fun as "Rena Rama Ding Dong". The thing with that song was that the two old buddies were almost arguing on stage the whole time but still performed together. Now, this song doesn't have that humour, at least not in the clip. This feels just like two old women having dress up and sing. Which could be fun in the end, but songwise, I am a bit disappointed.

7. "Where You Are (Sávezan)" Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc North & Adam Woods 8/10
This song has potential. Feels like a true dance song, quite similar to the stuff Arc North has been known of. JHFs jojking might be among his best parts ever in Melfest. The only things I am worried about are two things. Is Adam Woods really good enough of a singer to sing this song or will he fade into the background? And is the Melfest audience ready for a song like this to do well in the contest? Sure, people love Avicii and Swedish House Mafia here, but Melfest and ESC do have a hard time getting these kind of songs work live. But for now, the potential outshines the worries.

Overall an okay first semi. We have seen better, but we have also seen far worse than this.
My ranking so far would be:
1. JHF, Arc North & Adam Woods
2. Rejhan
3. Tone Sekelius
(BIIIG JUMP)
4. Loulou Lamotte
5. Eva & Ewa
6. Elov & Beny
7. Victor Crone

My prediction is for now:

F JHF, Arc North & Adam Woods
F Tone Sekelius