Contact us

Sweden SWEDEN 2022

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Realest

I prefer good newcomers over mediocre returnees ththough.

Me too, but unfortunately that hasnt been the Case the last few Years, NJ.

Sammy

I suppose the line-up will be quite different from that list… It seems a bit like desperate news searching :mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran
Jesus christ, don't these artists have any career outside of melfest??

Nope and that's not even sarcastically meant, most acts in MF survive solely on MF while the Swedish music scene is moving on without them, so I guess the MF tragedy will continue... the long overdo and much needed revamp of the contest will probably never see the light of day with or without Björkman onboard.

Last edited:

Romeo

1973... 1974...2022... ABBA in Melodifestivalen I'm calling it! If anyone thinks I'm wrong then I challenge you to a duel

duel-slap.gif

heke1988

1973... 1974...2022... ABBA in Melodifestivalen I'm calling it! If anyone thinks I'm wrong then I challenge you to a duel

duel-slap.gif

They released the new songs just after 1. 9. That can't be a coincidence :D

So send them straight to Eurovision, it's time to come full circle ;)

Nah, so much I like Abba's music, it is time to Sweden send Sabaton or Amaranthe to Eurovision;).

heke1988

ABBA should go first, but I would be absolutely delighted with these two as well :) And with Nightwish sent by you guys - a man can always dream.

Yep. But Tuomas Holopainen isn't interesting to go to Eurovision. In 2000 they applied to our national finals as a statement with their song "Sleepwalker". Finnish people would have sent them, but our juries didn't think, that kind of music would success in Eurovision. So Nina Åström won.

AlekS

Veteran
Semifinal #1 - February 5 -> Malmö
Semifinal #2 - February 12 -> Gothenburg
Semifinal #3 - February 19 -> Linköping
Semifinal #4 - February 26 -> Lidköping
Second Chance - March 5 -> Örnsköldsvik
The final - March 12 -> Stockholm

The host: Oscar Zia.

g95R7qw.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
Semifinal #1 - February 5 -> Malmö
Semifinal #2 - February 12 -> Gothenburg
Semifinal #3 - February 19 -> Linköping
Semifinal #4 - February 26 -> Lidköping
Second Chance - March 5 -> Örnsköldsvik
The final - March 12 -> Stockholm

The host: Oscar Zia.

g95R7qw.jpg
He's kinda an idiot (like most Swedish celebs), but I think as far as hosting goes he did good in 2021 so I don't mind this tbh...

A-lister

Veteran
lol, why would u say that haha? I kinda like him:)

I can't find the quote now but he tweeted / said some pretty dumb stuff regarding the Covid virus for instance...

But fair enough, I do think he is quite entertaining and he clearly proved that he can host so... I don't expect celebrities to say intelligent stuff (in fact I kinda expect them not to so).

Last edited:

b4ld3r

So according to the project manager there are going to be parts of Melfest that are revamped after all, to be presented at a later date!

Last edited:

Ekholmia

So according to the project manager there are going to be parts of Melfest that are revamped after all, to be presented at a later date!
A 10 % change of the contest? What ever that means. Still interesting. The changes aren't finished enough to be presented to the public. It would be fun with a big surprise of some kind.

A-lister

Veteran

See the "changes" being use of another intro song and that's it :lol:

Top Bottom