'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

FilipFromSweden

How is it good when it's again so western-oriented? Again we'll end up with a misleading result.

Well we get Spain, Italy and Israel which I wouldn’t consider as the west. We also get Australia and I think them being so far away is valuable. I don’t think it’s always a good idea to over-simplify and think that all of the west (Ireland, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Finland) have identical taste in music.

VikingTiger

For the first time in years I havent followed the MF at all. But after having listened to the songs for the final, I dont know what to think.
After only one listening the artist that stood out was clearly Cornelia. But in this case I found the performer better than the actual song.. John Lundvik again? And Robin Bengtsson? And Anna Bergendahl with her weakest attempt so far? I truely loved her Kingdom come, so I was sort of excited seeing her name again.... I really cant see why Anders Bagge seems to be one of the favourites here...
So my favourite is (again, I've only listened to the songs once) Medina! A pluss is that it's in swedish.

Realest

Cornelia only 6th Place.
Hope this is no bad Sign.

FilipFromSweden

@Realest Yes be very worried! Theoz being nr 1 ... maybe you should bet on him! 201 times the money

Odds right now:

Cornelia 1.7
Anders Bagge 3.7
Klara 10

period

tsegaye

Cornelia is closing the gap between her and Klara and Bagge more and more each day that passes. It feels clear that she's gaining momentum now when the final almost is here.

A-lister

Veteran
Well we get Spain, Italy and Israel which I wouldn’t consider as the west. We also get Australia and I think them being so far away is valuable. I don’t think it’s always a good idea to over-simplify and think that all of the west (Ireland, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Finland) have identical taste in music.

Spain, Italy and Israel are all southern countries though, not "eastern" (Israel is the one that has most eastern influences though).

Australia is a predominantly Anglo-Saxic country, so culturally speaking very "western".

I don't say all have identical taste, we know for instance that Finns love Rock more than the average country, and The Netherlands seem to be more into EDM, Country and/-or soul/gospel stuff... but on average our markets are dominated pretty much by the same music and culturally we are close, so yeah I miss (again) a proper eastern representation here.

I generally was never in favor of these international juries to begin with, but at least if they are to be used, they should make sense proportionally and they rarely do.

blue00eyes

Just heard Cornelia's song. Oh sh*t. Felt. Stockholm 2023.

Go find someone else, I'll be fine it's basically something I've told somebody I really liked but my stupid thoughts and low self esteem decided to let him go.

Yeah...

Citelis

Loved it the from the very first listen. The moment i heard i knew that it was going to be my absolute favorite of everything i have heard so far. I see her first in the odds but i keep me expectations low since Sweden can be cruel. However i have to admit that most of the rest songs are really great.

I bims

Veteran

Cornelia is closing the gap between her and Klara and Bagge more and more each day that passes. It feels clear that she's gaining momentum now when the final almost is here.
YES PLEASE WE NEED HER :cry:

Sammy

Veteran
Sweden - don‘t mess that up!!
Think about what happened when Finland didn‘t choose Erika Vikman: the whole contest got cancelled!

So don‘t risk such a scenario again and send Cornelia!

Jonkonfui

Mannn some songs in this Festivalen are cheesy as hell... Please dont translate... I can sing this in Armenian: dont translate, listen dont translate, people dont translateeee for you and me...

Realest

empo21

Veteran

reginanoctis

Overheard a conversation at work, between two ladies in their 50s. :whistle: I always think it's interesting to hear what people completely outside the fandom have to say!

M: So, have you been watching Melodifestivalen this year?
T: Yeah, but ... I mean, if someone played a song from the first show now, I wouldn't recognize it!
M: I heard a song on the radio that I thought was that John Lundberg* at first, but then it turned out to be Anders Bagge! He is pretty good. But my favourite has to be Cornelia!
T: Yeah, so I don't really remember her song but I think I liked it! Oh and I also liked Tone Sekelius
M: Oh, right, she was also good

(* it seems difficult for people to remember John's exact last name for some reason, I have a friend who never does either :LOL:)

Top Bottom