'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

FilipFromSweden

Group 2 ... none of you have qualified xheart sashay away

My prediction: Anna Bergendahl, Alvaro Estrella, Cazzi Opeia & Lisa Miskovsky

0scar

Considering Anna Bergendahl:
This is my life >>> Ashes to Ashes > Kingdom Come >>>>> Higher Power.. eek

She should stop participating because one time she's gonna win Melodifestivalen again and end up being stuck in ESC's semi final again

mauve

Veteran
Considering Anna Bergendahl:
This is my life >>> Ashes to Ashes > Kingdom Come >>>>> Higher Power.. eek

She should stop participating because one time she's gonna win Melodifestivalen again and end up being stuck in ESC's semi final again
I agree. Her songs become weaker with every entry. I had high expectations, but the song is unfortunately underwhelming. :(

empo21

Veteran
Cornelia odds improving even more. Almost 50%! Sweden don't fail us! xpray I guess it must be doing well enough on streaming to grow so much since the official release.

Also, Cornelia uses the same type of microphone as Clara Klingerstrom from last year. A vote for Cornelia is a vote for Clara xheat

FilipFromSweden

Still think it’s such a shame that Sweden didn’t send Every Minute last year. It still sounds great and I’m sure it would have done amazingly well at the contest.
In hindsight I thought it was a bit cringe Eric was doing such a sweaty yet boring routine dressed like a Zalando ad

On another note, it’s not entirely Anna’s fault but I hated her staging, it looked like Sanna Nielsen doing a performance in partnership with Harry Boy (some horse race betting company)

Ladynoir

I don't understand the appeal of Klara's song. I absolutely loved Beat of Broken Hearts but her song this year doesn't do anything for me and the staging seems so random. I'm much more into Cornelia's song, she's my favorite for this edition. And surprisingly, Anna's one too. Idk, I guess my taste is really opposite to the fandom because it's probably the first time I actually enjoy her song, lol.

Preuss

Cornelia’s song is so amazing, I just hope they make the staging better for Torino

That big sun on the Eurovision stage is like made for this so they can ditch the circle prop

Zonne147

Here are my ratings of which has been my favorite national final in the last few years and this year it was no different, my playlist is full of nordic EDM/pop so Melfest's songs rarely let me down, my least favorite out of these 16 would be in my top 5 in a NF I'm not really into, look at my generic taste striking again xheat

Finalists:

Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer - 11/10
(and here's the first and maybe the only song of the season that gave me winning vibes straight away. Can't explain how much I'm feeling it. Definition of perfection, the song's melancholic vibe, the way it flows, and the way Cornelia feels it, her distinctive raspy voice and the simple but effective staging, and especially the lightwork fit this very well. I fell in love with this since the very first listen and I'm completely addicted. There are some other choices that would please me, but there isn't one as perfect as this one, I'll do my job in May if this wins, and I'm pretty sure no one will dethrone her as my number one of the year. I hope Swedish people are feeling this as much as I do xpray )

MEDINA - In I dimman - 10/10 (living for the Bella Ciao and Pepas vibes xheat straight to my playlist after one listen, the perfect party song, would be interesting to see Sweden sending something like this in the future, also my new number 1 if it wins)

Anders Bagge - Bigger Than The Universe - 8/10 (the lyrics are cheesy and whatever but I just love its anthemic vibe, it puts a big smile in my face and he is just so likeable, not getting the hate, I guess it's probably because something too predictable coming from Sweden :/ )

Klara Hammarström - Running To The Hills - 8/10 (it feels so nordic, living for the Alan Walker vibes, but something is missing here - I think there are better choices but it wouldn't be a bad one)

Liamoo - Bluffin' - 8/10 (your typical good Melfest pop song with an EDM flavour, the last minute needed to be a bit better)

Robin Bengtsson - Innocent Love - 7/10 (I like it but it doesn't stand out here, my least favorite from his Melfest efforts)

Faith Kakembo - Freedom - 7/10 (nice pop ballad, good build-up and vocals)

John Lundvik - Änglavakt - 6/10 (there are some beautiful parts and I love his stage presence, but the song as a whole doesn't excite me)

Semifinalists:

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I'll say my opinion on all songs later but some heats in this year's Melodifestivalen were weaker than UK's previous 'Eurovision: You Decide'

Sorry Sweden, your glory days are over

martin

My list over the 8 finalist

8. Anders Bagge
He have a good vocal, but the songs is like a weak peace song from 2003-2005. The lyrics is so cheesy and the melody is quite week too. 2/10

7. Robin Bengtsson
Typical middle of the road song and he is too smooth for me. he have better songs before 4/10

6. Faith Kakembo
For me the most anonym song. Everything is ok, but nothing more. 4/10

5. John Lundvik
Another good singer, but with a medium song. Positive that he singing in swedish. 5/10

4. Cornelia Jakobs
A nice entry and Cornelia give a good show. Still is not taking my heart and is just nice. I would not been sad if she wins, but not happy either. 6/10

3. Liamoo
Good live voice and he is giving his all. The song is catchy and he know how to perform it well. First song i really like 8/10

2. Medina
This feel and hear like a big hit in Norway. Medina give a amazing show and the song is super catchy. Well done 9/10

1. Klara Hammarstrøm
I love it. The backup voice is AMAZING and super Catchy. She could maybe singing a little bit live, but the rest is AWESOME. This could easy be in my top 3 this year 9/10

Sweden have a ok final, but i get the feeling that this is not their strongest year. Only 3 songs i really like and most is more in the middle.

Rasmus0714

This year's Melfest line-up is as dreadful as last year's. At least this year I have something to root for in the final.

Rasmus0714

I like Cornelia's song because, despite coming from a songwriting camp made specifically for Melodifestivalen, it sounds like a genuine song that comes from a genuine artistic need and this is really rare in what Sweden gives us at Eurovision.
She said in a interview Hold Me Closer was written in the middle of break up and she still felt hurt listening to it.

FilipFromSweden

Sorry Sweden, your glory days are over
That’s just your opinion, Melfest is still as popular as ever and we have yet another strong set of finalists

Top Bottom