'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

empo21

Veteran
I think I like this semi more than last week's

1. Love Liamoo's song. First snippet in Mello so far to actually impress me on the first try.
2. Niello & Lisa Ajax is better than I expected. If it can sneak in to AC, it will likely reach the final.
3. Samira - girl I- even British singers don't have that heavy of an accent
4. I think it's one of the stronger Alvaro Estrella songs, but I also think it should flop for the greater good of Mello. The Despacito wave is a dead horse at this point.
5. Browsing Collection sound fun and with only 2/3 vets in the semi, they could make the AC
6. John Lundvik - boring, tired, totally done before, always the same, afraid to reference or not reference........yet the most likely 2nd DTF....
7. Tone Sekelius - this will either do quite well or very badly. Thinking there's more it end after the 1st minute since it has the p!mp slot.

Overall contenders: Cornelia Jacobs*, Liamoo

* big asteriks due to app vote potential being a mystery

FilipFromSweden

Liamoo - has a good song but it's like 5 years late, sounds like something that would've been really hot in 2017

Niello - I love that man. Lisa Ajax is annoying in general but this was a really nice song

Samira - we get it you like Skinny Love, boot

Alvaro Estrella - see: Liamoo

Browsing Collection - surprisingly good hook, but they can't beat Finland. They deserve a better name

John Lundvik - why was it that I exactly knew what this song would sound like based off the title? Personally hate it but I guess he can make some money performing this at someone's wedding

Tone Sekelius - Söngvakeppni reject (it's fine I guess)

A-lister

Veteran
Can "non-latin" countries finally stop with these silly pseudo "latin" entries? xshrug

Stuff like Estrella is just embarrassing and all these souless average Swedes (no offense to my country men, I mean more like an average stereotype here) eating that sh*t up because it reminds them of some "vacation in Mallorca"... It's really embarrassing to see.

Daybreak

Can "non-latin" countries finally stop with these silly pseudo "latin" entries? xshrug

Stuff like Estrella is just embarrassing and all these souless average Swedes (no offense to my country men, I mean more like an average stereotype here) eating that sh*t up because it reminds them of some "vacation in Mallorca"... It's really embarrassing to see.

Isn't the guy an actual Latino though?

Although I agree, the song is a total cliche, even the English lyrics are nonsense.

alca

Although I agree, the song is a total cliche, even the English lyrics are nonsense.
He is but he should either go all-Spanish or keep it entirely in English. Throwing in some random Spanish words that even the most isolated Thibetan monk in the deepest caves of Himalaya knows, doesn't make it a proper latin song. Not even Spain would send something like Alvaro's attempts.

His songs might be catchy but I agree with A-lister here. The Swedes would never send something like this to ESC. If Alvaro is happy with just a Melodifestivalen participation, then fine by me.

Last edited:

Ringdalen

Browsing Collection might become my favorite this year, brilliant preview clip of the studio and live version xmusic

LoveHate

It would be pretty epic if he would throw in the same words and phrases in Swedish. ”Min älskling”, ”mjukt med dig, mjukt med mig”, ”en aning galet”...

A-lister

Veteran

Well, yeah but then again he lives in Sweden (I think even born and raised) and the song takes part in our selection and while I haven't checked the name of the songwriters, wouldn't be surprised if they are all "pure Swedish".

It's just embarrassing and just clearly to fill this odd "latin" quota that the MF team seems to be obsessed with having each year. I mean it just feels 1) out of place 2) so compromised in its sound and approach that it has the same "authenticity" as Swedish "gangsta rap"

DanielLuis

Well, yeah but then again he lives in Sweden (I think even born and raised) and the song takes part in our selection and while I haven't checked the name of the songwriters, wouldn't be surprised if they are all "pure Swedish".

It's just embarrassing and just clearly to fill this odd "latin" quota that the MF team seems to be obsessed with having each year. I mean it just feels 1) out of place 2) so compromised in its sound and approach that it has the same "authenticity" as Swedish "gangsta rap"
It's not even a Latin quota, by this point we can just call it the Alvaro Estrella quota

Dessi

Nooooo ..... fasen i helskotta.... :xo:

OK. Liamoooooooo (how many o's can there be? Any ESC-rule? ) :LOL: and...
John Lundvik... :love: (singing in SWEDISH xheart)
Yepp, that's about it.... I wish the others were better... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mrm

Veteran
Tone Sekelius seemed interesting, but that snippet of rehearsal didn't look very good.. :(

Top Bottom