'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Looren

Veteran
Also, don't be too sad about Nathalie, @Morocco2021, I am sure the Tenori will make it up to you ;)

Yeah apparently they're two tenors, shoud expect an opera song so am hyped for those one

Also for the rest of the line-up, am hyped for Alvaro Estrella, Lillasyster, John Lundvik and Anna !

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't know why but I had been hyped for Melodifestivalen for years but since a few editions, I simply don't care about it anymore (apart from the snippets and the final, of course). Maybe my taste in music has changed but I think that the artists as well as the range of genres were more exciting a few years ago.

Anyway, I will wait for the songs, of course, but from recent years, I usually just buy 1 to 3 songs per years on iTunes whereas I can listen to most of the entries from 2009 to 2013 (when I even bought the compilations).

Ezio

Veteran
Nothing fresh, nothing new. Same old Sweden as usual.

A-lister

Veteran
Wow that list is really depressing (as expected), as I've expressed earlier I didn't expect any change of mindset from SVT with Björkman gone, while he might have been instrumental in the Melodifestivalen as we know it, there is a bigger team behind that is still there and it's just business-as-usual.

So yet another year with almost no Swedish language entries, yet another year with all these names that no one cares about in Sweden outside of the MF-bubble, yet another year with these "in-house" songwriters/composers that have little to no career outside of "the bubble", yet another year with your pseudo latin and "rock" quotas and your average hopeless/ and-or joke entries in Swedish (God forbid actual good entries in Swedish with a chance of winning will ever be picked to take part).

And then they claim that they revamped it with a "new semi", when de facto it's just a small revamp to the "second chance" and not actually a new semi xshrug

So out of these names, if the entry is as good as "Kingdom Come", it should be Anna's year finally (although competing with all these tween idols is always going to be an uphill battle for female acts). Although Linda Bengtzing's past 2 entries were rather weak, I appreciate her for just doing "her" unapologetically, so I will still hold a soft spot for her although she needs a super turbo-schlager BANGER this time around (and nothing half-arsed like the past 2 attempts) to even stand a chance since that era is sorta in the past but with the right song there is a chance to at least reach the finals with the right amount of nostalgia. Shirley in English doesn't interest me a single bit (in Swedish it would have been a potential different topic). Lisa Miskovsky could potentially be good, I am also curious about Niello / Lisa Ajax (it could go either way). John Lundvik in Swedish could be interesting, but I expect something cheesy unfortunately. The rest I couldn't care less about, but of course I'll have to wait and hear the entries first but if the previous years are anything to go by, it will be yet another year with more quantity than quality and more of safe Pop specially made for MF (when Europe clearly wants something else and the Swedish music market for a decade or more looks very different than portrayed in MF).

I bims

Veteran
I don't know the songs but this line-up doesn't sound really exciting. I'm only really interested in Anna Bergendahl but I'm scared for her that she could be yet again the one that doesn't reach the finals. Because looking at how things are going for Sweden another non-qualifier is right around the corner... and I'm begging it won't be her again.

Dunno Melodi Grand Prix kinda took the place that Melodifestivalen had for me. Norway had some big bangers this year (sadly name recognition was the winning factor - the top 2 weren't the top 2 songs that year) that I'm STILL listening to while I don't really care about any song that was competing in Melfest this year. Maybe 2022 will be different.

Realest

I don't know the songs but this line-up doesn't sound really exciting. I'm only really interested in Anna Bergendahl but I'm scared for her that she could be yet again the one that doesn't reach the finals. Because looking at how things are going for Sweden another non-qualifier is right around the corner... and I'm begging it won't be her again.

Dunno Melodi Grand Prix kinda took the place that Melodifestivalen had for me. Norway had some big bangers this year (sadly name recognition was the winning factor - the top 2 weren't the top 2 songs that year) that I'm STILL listening to while I don't really care about any song that was competing in Melfest this year. Maybe 2022 will be different.

:se: is far away from nonqualifying. 6 Top10s in 8 Years speaks a different Language. And even Tusse wished the Floor with Tons of Fanfavourites last Year. :se: is still a Superpower.

I bims

Veteran
:se: is far away from nonqualifying. 6 Top10s in 8 Years speaks a different Language. And even Tusse wished the Floor with Tons of Fanfavourites last Year. :se: is still a Superpower.
Tons of fan favourites?! Who? Ukraine, Finland, Iceland, Italy, France, Switzerland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Greece, Bulgaria?
Even Cyprus got more jury(!) support than Sweden this year. And Serbia was way ahead when it came to the televote.

Tusse completely destroyed everyone competing in Melfest last year but still was just middle of the road. That's a bad sign.
The swedish delegation thought they could win...Just delusional. Sweden completely underperformed. Tusse was never going to be a non-qualfier (despite what a lot of people here said, I always said he would qualify) but a performer with less charisma and a song that is just as weak as Voices will flop even harder next year.

Realest

Tons of fan favourites?! Who? Ukraine, Finland, Iceland, Italy, France, Switzerland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Greece, Bulgaria?
Even Cyprus got more jury(!) support than Sweden this year. And Serbia was way ahead when it came to the televote.

Tusse completely destroyed everyone competing in Melfest last year but still was just middle of the road. That's a bad sign.
The swedish delegation thought they could win...Just delusional. Sweden completely underperformed. Tusse was never going to be a non-qualfier (despite what a lot of people here said, I always said he would qualify) but a performer with less charisma and a song that is just as weak as Voices will flop even harder next year.

Serbia, Cyprus, Belgium, Azerbaijan, Romania, Croatia, San Marino (!) etc... Sweden wouldnt have qualified if the Fans had something to say. Many People expected another 21 Points for Sweden and in the End he reached the left Side of the Scoreboard with the Televoters. And only one 14th Place doesnt mean Sweden is heading toward another NQ, so please stay a bit realistic. Not to forget, that Tusse beat Tix with both Juries and Televoters, despite MGP being praised highly by this Forum. And btw. where are your Sources for the Claim that the Delegation thought they could win with Tusse?

ESC94

I think you now opened Pandora´s box. Realest is really the biggest fan of :se: here in the forum and he will do everything to defend his favourite countrys "honor", even when his arguments are totally ridiculous. I think Benjamins televote flop in 2018 left a long lasting damage on his ESC soul. :lol:

I bims

Veteran
Serbia, Cyprus, Belgium, Azerbaijan, Romania, Croatia, San Marino (!) etc... Sweden wouldnt have qualified if the Fans had something to say. Many People expected another 21 Points for Sweden and in the End he reached the left Side of the Scoreboard with the Televoters. And only one 14th Place doesnt mean Sweden is heading toward another NQ, so please stay a bit realistic. Not to forget, that Tusse beat Tix with both Juries and Televoters, despite MGP being praised highly by this Forum. And btw. where are your Sources for the Claim that the Delegation thought they could win with Tusse?
Serbia did way better in the televote, Cyprus and Belgium did better with the jury. So Sweden did not sweep the floor with them.
And San Marino was just a meme so they were destined to fail... but they were still only 9 points behind Sweden in the jury votes. That's bad. The swedish commentator was shocked, they were expecting much better.

Regarding Tix: As I said, MGP 2021 was great but name recognition was the winnig factor. Imerika, Blåsemafian, Raylee or Keiino would've gotten a better result and had stronger performances than Tusse.

I think you now opened Pandora´s box. Realest is really the biggest fan of :se: here in the forum and he will do everything to defend his favourite countrys "honor", even when his arguments are totally ridiculous. I think Benjamins televote flop in 2018 left a long lasting damage on his ESC soul. :lol:
Haha oh no :ROFLMAO:
I mean I'm not a Sweden hater, I defended Tusse and was rooting for him and always said he wasn't going to be a non-qualifier. But Voices still wasn't that great and Melfest 2021 as a whole was extremely lackluster. Voices slayed every contestant and was still just a middle of the road song. And the swedish press hyped it up to no end, A-lister was constantly ranting on here about it :ROFLMAO:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
If songs like "Voices", "Dance you off", "I can't go on", "Heroes" etc. had been sung by Dotter, Anna Bergendahl, The Mamas, Mariette etc., Realest would've disliked them.

b4ld3r

Nice to see Lisa Miskovsky again, apparently the guy she's co-written this new song with was one of the writers behind "Behöver inte dig idag" and some of Darin's songs.

Also after listening to Lance Hedman's output I'm now cautiously optimistic, would be nice if he could bring a Swedish language song that's actually a contender.

Last edited:

Realest

@I bims

There are simply persons who aren´t the biggest fans of :se: and it´s absolutely ok to write this, but some forum members view it as the holy ESC land where milk and honey flows that shouldn´t be critized under any circumstances or your not a real ESC fan in their opinion. And that´s complete BS in my opinion!!

Please show me where I said that Ibims isnt allowed to criticize :se:. I just said that its out of Touch with Reality to claim that :se: is heading towards another NQ after the last few Years.

If songs like "Voices", "Dance you off", "I can't go on", "Heroes" etc. had been sung by Dotter, Anna Bergendahl, The Mamas, Mariette etc., Realest would've disliked them.

No, Sanna and Loreen were in my Top5 as well. And if Dotter won last Year, she would have been as well. Id rather say that you and NJ would have liked these Songs if they were sung by a Woman.

ESC94

Please show me where I said that Ibims isnt allowed to criticize :se:. I just said that its out of Touch with Reality to claim that :se: is heading towards another NQ after the last few Years.

No, Sanna and Loreen were in my Top5 as well. And if Dotter won last Year, she would have been as well. Id rather say that you and NJ would have liked these Songs if they were sung by a Woman.

Interesting that I didn´t mention any names in my post yet you feel somehow offended. :lol:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It's a little bit early to complain about Sweden being "out of touch with reality" (i mean, they're scandi and have the associated blandi tastes, but that's their problem, not ours) especially since we haven't heard a single note yet, but sure you guys do your thing, i guess.

FilipFromSweden

It's gonna be very interesting to see if Sweden is Eurovision enemy #1 this year after such a lukewarm score, especially from the juries

Top Bottom