'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Fluke

Curious if they're going to revamp Melodifestivalen now that Björkman's leaving. Maybe have a greater emphasis on young, self-directed artists who write their own songs and are in touch with what works in Eurovision, and less of the same veteran artists with lousy songs, and stuffing every semi with out-of-place nobodies with no chance at winning, included to give an impression of diversity and fair play.

But then, it could easily become even worse, who knows?

As for names, i'd love to see YOHIO make another attempt... Oscar Zia, Bishara and Hanna Ferm would be well deserved returnees, but i'm not eager to see either of them....

lasse braun

I want her represent Sweden soon
ok,agree with you but before that happens,first you must cancel melodiefestivalen for a few years(change to the current german or belgium system) because there are two kinds of winners - good looking (younger) boys who can dance too or something with diversity like the last 3 years.:cry:

CPV4931

If I could wish one band to participate in Melodifestivalen one time (I know, Elilze participated already):

Ekholmia

I want to be surprised.

I hope the group of fans they've been working with (are about to start working with?) have been able to give great input and that it will generate into something good. That might be more ideas about the show itself. I don't know, but I hope the fans also took the opportunity to talk about the songs and the songwriters. Maybe the voting system needs to change too?

Anyway in 2022 surprise me!

lasse braun

I want her represent Sweden soon
me too but it is difficult to repeat with a very good song like this.
sweden wasted all the brilliant music for an extra portion diversity.
maybe i like the song of clara meanwhile a very little bit more (he makes me so moved) but klaras stageshow was so extra brilliant,but she got also tons of reactions like samanta in these days - typical mainstream reactions.
i continue to hope that sweden will finally be punished this year - a disillusioned hope.

xcheer

Last edited:

heke1988

Please Sweden, Sabaton!

goncalovieira

Sweden need to change.
Something like this, please.

b4ld3r

Curious if they're going to revamp Melodifestivalen now that Björkman's leaving. Maybe have a greater emphasis on young, self-directed artists who write their own songs and are in touch with what works in Eurovision, and less of the same veteran artists with lousy songs, and stuffing every semi with out-of-place nobodies with no chance at winning, included to give an impression of diversity and fair play.

But then, it could easily become even worse, who knows?

As for names, i'd love to see YOHIO make another attempt... Oscar Zia, Bishara and Hanna Ferm would be well deserved returnees, but i'm not eager to see either of them....

Supposedly they are: https://eurovoix.com/2020/10/08/sweden-melodifestivalen-format-to-be-revamped-for-2022/

A-lister

Veteran
5314652.jpg

• Quality over quantity : Shorten it down to 2 semis, 1 final. 10 entries in each semi, 5 qualifiers from each.
  • A proper representation of the Swedish music scene : Instead of having Eurovision in mind, we should take inspiration from contests like Sanremo and rather thing "A song for Sweden" as a concept, the entries should be more connected to what our music scene looks and sounds like rather than being artificially made for MF.
  • Getting locally successful and up-and-coming new songwriters/composers onboard : While I understand that some bigger artists might not want to take part, I still believe songwriters/composers that are successful on our local scene wouldn't mind given the right format and approach. They should be given artistic freedom, and doing what they do best, instead of the MF team picking what they envision as of now. These "in-house" songwriters/composers that are constantly picked for MF but have little success outside of the bubble and thus not reflect our music scene very good needs to go!
  • Emphasize on authenticity and the Swedish language : Again, MF is like a club where certain people have a view on what the music should sound like and invite a click of songwriters to write a certain type of "specially made for MF"-entries, when the contest rather should be more organic (read the previous point), also SVT/MF team tend to systematically discriminate against the Swedish language, picking entries that are either joke entries or have little chance of success (or if they do stage them bad). The treatment of the language showcase how disconnected MF is to our actual music scene, since most of our biggest names actually sing in Swedish and this had been a trend for pretty much a decade already.
  • Get rid of the individual international juries, focus on local industry expertise instead : The international juries are practically representations from the other delegations, they have been Björkman's contacts and instructed beforehand how to vote more or less. If we want to pick an entry that reflects more our music market, they don't add anything really. We should instead re-introduce local juries with industry expertise who understands what works and not, what can be trendsetting or not. My suggestion of jury groups:
    • Swedish Radio P3
    • Swedish Radio P4
    • NRJ-Group
    • RIX FM
    • The Swedish Grammy Committee
    • Swedish OGAE
    • International OGAE (a combined jury group with members from various non-Swedish OGAE)
    • Swedish DJ's, label people (another combined group of various industry experts)
  • Focus on music - less comedy, less politics : The Dutch hosting of Eurovision this year showed a professional way of hosting without making a farce or circus out of it, without cringe and attempts to diverge from what should be the focus: the entries and finding the best song! I don't mind a bit of comedy if done right, but I feel like MF has turned into part sketch show and pretty often with political undertones.

Last edited:

b4ld3r

5314652.jpg

• Quality over quantity : Shorten it down to 2 semis, 1 final. 10 entries in each semi, 5 qualifiers from each.
  • A proper representation of the Swedish music scene : Instead of having Eurovision in mind, we should take inspiration from contests like Sanremo and rather thing "A song for Sweden" as a concept, the entries should be more connected to what our music scene looks and sounds like rather than being artificially made for MF.
  • Getting locally successful and up-and-coming new songwriters/composers onboard : While I understand that some bigger artists might not want to take part, I still believe songwriters/composers that are successful on our local scene wouldn't mind given the right format and approach. They should be given artistic freedom, and doing what they do best, instead of the MF team picking what they envision as of now. These "in-house" songwriters/composers that are constantly picked for MF but have little success outside of the bubble and thus not reflect our music scene very good needs to go!
  • Emphasize on authenticity and the Swedish language : Again, MF is like a club where certain people have a view on what the music should sound like and invite a click of songwriters to write a certain type of "specially made for MF"-entries, when the contest rather should be more organic (read the previous point), also SVT/MF team tend to systematically discriminate against the Swedish language, picking entries that are either joke entries or have little chance of success (or if they do stage them bad). The treatment of the language showcase how disconnected MF is to our actual music scene, since most of our biggest names actually sing in Swedish and this had been a trend for pretty much a decade already.
  • Get rid of the individual international juries, focus on local industry expertise instead : The international juries are practically representations from the other delegations, they have been Björkman's contacts and instructed beforehand how to vote more or less. If we want to pick an entry that reflects more our music market, they don't add anything really. We should instead re-introduce local juries with industry expertise who understands what works and not, what can be trendsetting or not. My suggestion of jury groups:
    • Swedish Radio P3
    • Swedish Radio P4
    • NRJ-Group
    • RIX FM
    • The Swedish Grammy Committee
    • Swedish OGAE
    • International OGAE (a combined jury group with members from various non-Swedish OGAE)
    • Swedish DJ's, label people (another combined group of various industry experts)
  • Focus on music - less comedy, less politics : The Dutch hosting of Eurovision this year showed a professional way of hosting without making a farce or circus out of it, without cringe and attempts to diverge from what should be the focus: the entries and finding the best song! I don't mind a bit of comedy if done right, but I feel like MF has turned into part sketch show and pretty often with political undertones.
Yeah, I think that much of what you list here are decent suggestions. Maybe some sort of Festival da Cancao-esque system would be a good start, where let's say 50% of the selected entries are commissioned from specific songwriters? Obviously I'm not expecting Jocke Berg to write entries, but just some more diversity among the composers would be very much welcome instead of just Jansson, G:son, the Debs. Same with artists, tired of seeing the same old nobodies with no careers outside of the contest. You would think that at least some of the singers who are up for partaking in humiliating activities in Så mycket bättre would be interested in premiering their latest single in the most viewed Swedish music program, but apparently not.

Hopefully Italy's ascendency during recent years will influence whatever revamp SVT makes in the future. I think Björkman said in an interview somewhere that the production team is very jealous of the quality in Sanremo, so atleast they are somewhat aware of what improvements could be made.

By the way, does anyone know why SVT got rid of the Joker invitation-system in the first place?

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Moron! Shut up if you don't have something useful to say. Thank God he wasn't there given Blas from Spain...

It's even more shameful that he's an Italian by blood.

Top Bottom