'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

b4ld3r

Cornelia is virtually guaranteed a top 5 at ESC if she wins, considering how the year is shaping up. Ofc it depends on the songs of the internals (Switzerland? Netherlands? Cyprus? Greece?), but atm she seems like the only one that can challenge Italy (not sure if Ukraine's large televote will be enough to overcome the juries). I think Klara also would be able to do pretty well: it's fun, uptempo and totally shameless, sort of giving me Keiino vibes. I have no idea how Bagge would do...

Tinchey

If Sweden sends Cornelia it will be the first time I ever vote for Sweden and the first time since Loreen that I actually like the Swedish entry, it just feels so authentic and raw unlike the last decade of Sweden's over manufactured by the numbers artificial polished pop
Honestly her act seems very manufactured. It's on the level of songs that have been put forward by Sweden in recent years like 2021, 2019 and 2014.
I would personally go for a eurodance inspired dancey pop by Klara. But certainly a female act for Sweden is long overdue at Eurovision stage.

FilipFromSweden

Honestly her act seems very manufactured. It's on the level of songs that have been put forward by Sweden in recent years like 2021, 2019 and 2014.
This is such a bullshit critique, I can understand it for the years of 2015-2021 but the only thing Clara has in common with those songs is that they're pop songs. If anything, Hold Me Closer is very Robyn-inspired and we've never sent anything like it. It's in no way manufactured, she pours her heart out on stage and most of the choreography looks improvised

Tinchey

This is such a bullshit critique, I can understand it for the years of 2015-2021 but the only thing Clara has in common with those songs is that they're pop songs. If anything, Hold Me Closer is very Robyn-inspired and we've never sent anything like it. It's in no way manufactured, she pours her heart out on stage and most of the choreography looks improvised
Use a better word when posing an argument please. It is very manufactured as it is reminiscent of early 00s brokenheart pop that brought oh so many one-hit-wonders like Natalie Imbruglia. But that is a general feel I have with everything MF is serving, their stagings are always immaculate and devoid of any personality. AS IF the choreo is improvised, for the sake of camera work and show direction it is very planned and it shows, MF is known for their theatrics.

By saying that I don't imply the song itself is bad, it is a fine pop song, however as with Tusse last year I don't think it will work in Sweden's favor as their stagings don't resonate with the average European viewer shown by their recent televoting downfalls. They stage for MF not ESC, and the difference is significant. Plus the personal stories of Swedish acts never go beyond their borders which in case of MF plays a HUGE role in hyping an act.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I would personally go for a eurodance inspired dancey pop by Klara. But certainly a female act for Sweden is long overdue at Eurovision stage.
If you think Hold Me Closer is very manufactured what the hell do you think every winner of Melodifestivalen for the last decade is

FilipFromSweden

Use a better word when posing an argument please. It is very manufactured as it is reminiscent of early 00s brokenheart pop that brought oh so many one-hit-wonders like Natalie Imbruglia. But that is a general feel I have with everything MF is serving, their stagings are always immaculate and devoid of any personality. AS IF the choreo is improvised, for the sake of camera work and show direction it is very planned and it shows, MF is known for their theatrics.

By saying that I don't imply the song itself is bad, it is a fine pop song, however as with Tusse last year I don't think it will work in Sweden's favor as their stagings don't resonate with the average European viewer shown by their recent televoting downfalls. They stage for MF not ESC, and the difference is significant. Plus the personal stories of Swedish acts never go beyond their borders which in case of MF plays a HUGE role in hyping an act.
How precious are you that you're offended by the word bullshit? Please, has this forum really gotten that conservative?

Idk what you're talking about with staging. Europe didn't have a problem with the staging of Eric Saade, Loreen, Sanna Nielsen, Måns or Frans. Don't trash Cornelia's chances with staging in ESC before she has even had the chance?

Sweden has a wide music scene but the pop scene has been the biggest one for a very long time: Swedish pop is part of our music culture, and Swedish pop is closely related to what is considered mainstream American pop. Google Max Martin. My point is that we are for many years to come going to send entries that aren't so raw, rough around the edges and related to our culture from 100-200 years ago like some fans wish.

Preuss

Filip, if you don’t know it by now, people are going to use the word «manifactured» no matter what when it comes to Sweden

Then people pretend and act like, let’s say, Germany 2018 is this original ESC entry because it was emotional, when the song is the epitome of a radiosong, and the staging was very calculated too. Lol

MopManMoss

Veteran
Filip, if you don’t know it by now, people are going to use the word «manifactured» no matter what when it comes to Sweden

Then people pretend and act like, let’s say, Germany 2018 is this original ESC entry because it was emotional, when the song is the epitome of a radiosong, and the staging was very calculated too. Lol
What is the most recent Swedish entry that you feel comes across as genuine and not "manufactured"

Preuss

Idk, maybe Tusse, The Mamas, John, Benjamin to just take the recent ones?

just because you have a well-thought-out staging doesn't mean that your act and artist are manufactured, are you kidding me? seriously this narrative people have that Swedish acts have no soul and are manufactured, like robots, is just another way to try and lessen what they've been serving us in ESC

MopManMoss

Veteran
Idk, maybe Tusse, The Mamas, John, Benjamin to just take the recent ones?

just because you have a well-thought-out staging doesn't mean that your act and artist are manufactured, are you kidding me? seriously this narrative people have that Swedish acts have no soul and are manufactured, like robots, is just another way to try and lessen what they've been serving us in ESC
YOU THINK TUSSE AND BENJAMIN ARENT MANUFACTURED????????????

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Studio "Hold Me Closer" xfaint I'm amazed how much of the song's rawness still sticks around in a studio version, + a really nice driving synth in that amazing second pre-chorus that I hadn't noticed in the live. In a year with a lottttttttt of mid, Sweden could really stand out with this in all the right ways.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I usually neglect MF until the final, and while 4 are still to be decided I felt inspired to go listen to the current line up x

I died and was reborn [10] 🙌 🥺 🔥 🥵
MEDINA - In i dimman 10
Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills 10

These are great [8-9] 🌟
Cornelia Jakbos - Hold Me Closer 8

Average, kinda like them [6-7] 🙂
Robin Bengtsson - Innocent Love 6
Liamoo - Bluffin 6

Eh. Not good, not awful [4-5] 😶
Anders Bagge - Bigger Than the Universe 4

Bad, simple as [3-2] 😒
John Lundvik - Änglavakt 3
Faith Kakembo - Freedom 3

Tragic mess [1] 🤢
-

Oop Sweden. 🔥 FINALLY I've been handed a 10 pointer, no scratch that, 2 10 pointers. Medina and Klara are both great, and both would be such good winners and it would be great to finally hype Sweden after literal years of picking the entries I like the last. Cornelia would be good also, but I like it a little less than the others so I'm not in her team for the final. Now onto the not so good, because for some reason this is a fave to win????. Michael Rice -Bigger than us 2.0 needs to burn. It's super anthemic and I don't mind the music, but gosh them lyrics and overall sound and package is so BBC diggin through them Danish song writing camps it hurts. IJ do your thing here please x. The rest I don't have too much to say, they're just bad or average. Pick wisely Sweden, please x

Ezio

Veteran
I think "Hold me closer" is absolutely boring and by the book. The singer is also not very charismatic and doesnt have a great voice.

And yet it's probably the best song in this year's Mello, which is kinda tragic (although I prefer John Lundvik's song).

Take me back to 2016 with many iconic songs. Even Faller by Krista Siegfrieds was an absolute bop that still sounds better than anything else in this year's competition.

Ajeje Brazorf

I'm just sad "Behöver inte dig dag" was performed last year, becuase this year it would have probably won Melfest and we could have seen Sweden in Eurovision with something in swedish. From this year's songs, I think Cornelia's one is the right choice

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I don't find Cornelia's song as ~authentic~ as some of you do, tbh? it's not the first time I disagree with finding commercial ballads "authentic". There are lots in ESC that I honestly think people just say that because they are ballads. Had they been uptempo, people would probably have been boooooooooooo manufactured generic radio song the artist sold their soul not real music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, if she is the only one who can defeat Anders, I will definitely back her up because his song is a crime against the world. I'm team Klara, though. xcheer

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
It happened yesterday evening. I got infected with the Cornelia-virus. So far I have mild sympotms like unwillingly humming parts of it from time to time. But I expect to develop a more severe state in the days to come like feeling forced to listen to it multiple times or even to put it on repeat. Should I impose a quarantine on myself?

Last edited:
Top Bottom