'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Alaska49

came here to say i was optimistic about melfest's prospects with the old overbearing control freak mummy fucking off to do americavision or whatever (specially after that GENEROUS 14th place for tusse, which was telegraphed from the moon and nobody else from melfest - this year or the previous - would even do better), and stumbled upon oscar zia dying in front of my eyes WHY SAY THIS OSCAR I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU

Ezio

Veteran
Sweden lovers must be very excited already. We are once again in a country beginning with A or I.

Italy 1991 - Sweden
Israel 1999 - Sweden
Azerbaijan 2012 - Sweden
Austria 2015 - Sweden
Israel 2019 - Sweden (illegitimate jury winner)
Italy 2022 - ???

b4ld3r

So since The Ark are reuniting... What are the odds that they take part in Melfest again, just like they did last time a rock song had won ESC? Ola Salo has been involved in Melfest during the last couple of years (hosting in 2016, writing Dismissed's song in 2017), and in general seems much more open to doing TV nowadays (took part in both Stjärnornas stjärna and Så mycket bättre) than he did back when the band entered the competition as a joke in 2007.

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

One part of the revamped Melodifestavalen format has been revealed. The project manager of P4 Nästa confirmed to a Swedish blog, ESCPanelen, which read through the rules of the 2022 P4 Nästa contest that at least for 2022, there will be no P4 Nästa wildcard spot at Melodifestavalen, for the first time since its introduction in 2013.

Loindici

Veteran
One part of the revamped Melodifestavalen format has been revealed. The project manager of P4 Nästa confirmed to a Swedish blog, ESCPanelen, which read through the rules of the 2022 P4 Nästa contest that at least for 2022, there will be no P4 Nästa wildcard spot at Melodifestavalen, for the first time since its introduction in 2013.

Sadly it just never gave any benefits. I'm good with getting the wildcard spot removed.

Now, I want you to shorten the format, SVT, six weeks are just way too long. Here's my gun.

4o2iy4.jpg

A-lister

Veteran

It was about time, P4 Nästa is a nice concept for amateurs to have a shot at maybe become discovered, but it's clear that they were out of place in Melodifestivalen.

I hope we will see much bigger and crucial revamps to come though, because this alone won't make any difference.

hawadharma

Sweden does not deserve Dotter.

Franzilein

Recently listened to some random Swedish radio stations on radio.garden to practice my rusty Swedish.

Such a cute little song. Sverige please, something in Swedish next year? Such a beautiful language xrose

Ezio

Veteran
Why did Per Gessle and Marie Fredriksson stay away from Melodifestivalen?

Ezio

Veteran
They didn’t have many big hits after 1994

b4ld3r

They didn’t have many big hits after 1994
Both of them continued to have prolific careers even after their international hype died down. Gessle has an enormous backlog of songs from Roxette, Gyllene Tider and his solo releases, and is at this point rich like a troll lol. Zero reason for him to participate in any form beyond writing a song for someone else.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Both of them continued to have prolific careers even after their international hype died down. Gessle has an enormous backlog of songs from Roxette, Gyllene Tider and his solo releases, and is at this point rich like a troll lol. Zero reason for him to participate in any form beyond writing a song for someone else.
But their songs and unique sound is necessary for Eurovision and for Sweden's image in Eurovision

Ezio

Veteran
My wishes for Sweden are Hanna Ferm, Wiktoria, Liamoo and Felix Sandman.
I guess that's a bit too much out of the box, isn't it?

Fluke

Still want to see Dirty Loops make an attempt, i know they can do it....
I'd love to see something with Swedish traditional vocals, a style of singing most don't even know exist, and many will probably be shocked about how "non-western" it sounds!

Maybe in a "modern" context, but i don't know of any Swedish artists currently doing that.... Ulrika Boden is one really good traditional singer, but i doubt she has any interest in going pop, i don't know of any others that would be particularly relevant right now.
For something totally out of leftfield, i'd love to see someone like Lisen Rylander-Löve appear, obviously it would be slightly different from their typical style but i'm sure they can come up with something amazing that fits into the format. Maybe somewhat similar to Aminata and Jamala....
Finally, almost a bit ashamed to admit, but i'd kinda like to see Alcazar make another attempt and actually win. The disco style was very popular and rather succesful in the ESC this year, this could be the time for them. Maybe add a new, younger member, maybe modernize their sound a bit, i can see them doing a "Adrenalina"-type song very well, keep the cheezy "schlager" influence down and add a harder, rawer edge!

Ezio

Veteran
Oh, I got a reaction. Time for me to return.

I was binging Ace of Base recently. Can they do Eurovision? Or Per Gessle? Army of Lovers? Dr. Alban?

A-lister

Veteran
Oh, I got a reaction. Time for me to return.

I was binging Ace of Base recently. Can they do Eurovision? Or Per Gessle? Army of Lovers? Dr. Alban?

Why all these past due date names?

I don't think Ace of Base, Army of Lovers or Dr. Alban even do music any longer to begin with...

Top Bottom