A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
Leave sweet lil' Tusse alone @A-lister, he can't breathe cause of you mentioning him in negative way every single day.. xcry xcry xcry

Look, he will pass without a fresh air! :(

You are like a huge snake around his gentle neck..

voices-tusse-19_602ea7a311d04-300x200.jpg

Preuss

Not to come across as rude, but I might not be liking "Voices" as much as I should because I think the performer could've been better? Dont' get me wrong, he's got a great voice but I really dislike some of his movements on stage and overall presence - could be down to choreography though...

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Leave sweet lil' Tusse alone @A-lister, he can't breathe cause of you mentioning him in negative way every single day.. xcry xcry xcry

Look, he will pass without a fresh air! :(

You are like a huge snake around his gentle neck..

voices-tusse-19_602ea7a311d04-300x200.jpg

Ehm? I hope this post is a joke right? :lol: I'm pretty sure Tusse has no clue about this forum :lol:

I haven't said anything negative about him as person, I think he seems to be a fairly talented young fella, but yeah I don't think this bland entry would be as hyped in Sweden if sung by another person without the media selling the background story xshrug Of course there will be people who genuinely like the song (good for them), but to win MF the media plays a big part in hyping someone up and I'm sorry to say it, but I know that there are many in my country who seem to fall easily for hype and don't seem to have much of an opinion on their own.

A-lister

Veteran
Id rather say SVT wants to ensure that at least 1 swedish Entry qualifies for the Final.
We could have Paul Rey vs Eva and Eva and Alvaro vs Clara and both swedish Entries would get eliminated.

Well, you make the assumption that the Swedish language entries don't stand a chance against the English language ones, now I happen to believe the complete opposite, Eva/Ewa and Clara are probably the strongest contenders to qualify, but because they're in Swedish of course the MF team had to make sure to eliminate at least one of them....

A-lister

Veteran
Anyway... Every swedish person here, please vote for Clara Klingenström on Saturday :cry:

I will, but I'm afraid she won't make it through against Eva & Ewa and SVT and the MF team purposely put the only Swedish language entries in a duel to make sure to eliminate at least one of them xshrug

But if Clara even wants to stand a chance at winning over the grannies in the duel, the whole staging needs a complete redo from the current amateur trainwreck it is, but knowing MF it will stay exactly the same.

i anixi

Exactly, you haven't got the slightest clue, you're not from here after all ?
did I say people aren't entitled to like it or something?
You imply it every time you come here moaning with hype reasons other than people simply liking the song for what it is. Song's great, he's great, his moves are priceless.
I havent got a clue of what you're talking about and that is exactly my point.

A-lister

Veteran
You imply it every time you come here moaning with hype reasons other than people simply liking the song for what it is. Song's great, he's great, his moves are priceless.
I havent got a clue of what you're talking about and that is exactly my point.

I am explicitly talking about the hype he has in Sweden though, so my comment has nothing to do with what non-Swedes (who don't know the Swedish context) think about the song, or for that matter those Swedes who also truly enjoy the entry.

Again, I was trying to explain to people who wonder what they hype is about, and I am trying to give some sort of background to that. You even said yourself that you were surprised about it, so even if you like the song you are surprised and I guess that's part of the point I was trying to make. I am not implying that people can't genuinely like the song, people have different taste, but there's a difference between some liking it and being hyped, for the latter you need more.

A-lister

Veteran
Anyways, in the end of the day what I say won't matter.

I'm pretty good at predicting the winner in MF and how things are looking now it seems Tusse will make it, my personal taste aside, I sincerely think we will struggle in ESC with that entry but it'll be what it'll be and maybe there will be some silver lining in it all.

Realest

Anyway... Every swedish person here, please vote for Ewa Roos and Eva Rydberg on Saturday :cry:

A-lister

Veteran
lmfao

unknown.png

The random emilownage xheart

Actually, not so random. Emil's song (together with Clara's and Lovad's) are the closest to what's actually popular in Sweden from this year's MF.

I've been saying this for years now, people outside of Sweden might get the impression that stuff like "Voices" is the type of music that is hot sh*t here, but it's really not, those type of entries are basically MF manufactured and when MF season is all settled and done, you rarely hear stuff like that until the next MF season comes around. MF really isn't particularly in touch with how our music scene looks like, and you can see how they treat these few Swedish language entries with unflattering stagings, unfit acts etc.

Oh well, maybe one day a proper revamp of MF will come around and you guys outside of Sweden who aren't really following the Swedish music scene will get a proper taste of how things actually look like here.

FilipFromSweden

Anyway... Every swedish person here, please vote for Clara Klingenström on Saturday :cry:

Sorry luv, you're looking at me sending Eva & Ewa 5 app votes and 5 classic televotes

FilipFromSweden

Actually, not so random. Emil's song (together with Clara's and Lovad's) are the closest to what's actually popular in Sweden from this year's MF.

I've been saying this for years now, people outside of Sweden might get the impression that stuff like "Voices" is the type of music that is hot sh*t here, but it's really not, those type of entries are basically MF manufactured and when MF season is all settled and done, you rarely hear stuff like that until the next MF season comes around. MF really isn't particularly in touch with how our music scene looks like, and you can see how they treat these few Swedish language entries with unflattering stagings, unfit acts etc.

Oh well, maybe one day a proper revamp of MF will come around and you guys outside of Sweden who aren't really following the Swedish music scene will get a proper taste of how things actually look like here.
I don't think that's true, the songs that do well in Melodifestivalen are very much connected to the general Swedish music industry. There is tons of great music out there and yet every year a handfull of acts top the charts against giants such as Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, BTS, Victor & Miriam for example.

As for you argument that ''they're only streamed because it's Melodifestivalen and only fans deep into it stream it'', that isn't true as there are always finalists who do really well in the final but who receive a lukewarm or cold reception on the streaming charts.

There has always been room for MF/Eurovision music in the ''real'' competitive arena for music: over the years we've seen and heard Alexander Rybak, Yohanna, Ivi Adamou, Lena, Eleni Foureira, Emmelie De Forrest, Dami Im, Mahmood and Duncan Lawrence on the radio and on the Spotify charts even many months after Eurovision is over for the year

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The list is specific for streams from Sweden btw. I'm surprised Tusse is above Eric but... yes, please? I'll take a Tusse over an Eric any day :teehee:.

Or ideally Danny wins because he will never reach a top five for Sweden and their slot can then instead be given to a worthier underdog country :-)

Top Bottom