Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

How is this dumb? It's literally a zero sum game. If Sweden goes through and a person thinks this is horseshit then that means another country gets NQ'd because of said horseshit. In other words, those acts might be in the top ten, but because Sweden licks its way into a top spot the top ten is now effectively a top nine and out goes your theory.

Yeah, but if you can barely get yourself into the top 10 in a 16-acts-show then there's room for improvement, yikes...

Sure, Sweden's at fault for another country not making it, obviously, but those countries are at fault for not making it themselves because their act wasn't strong enough, no??

Himan

Sweden was easily top 10,especially for juries. It looked pretty good and I can't imagine it getting outside top 5 with the juries and getting points from their neighbouring televotes.

ag89

It was one among weakest acts on the night, but there you go. Nobody around me put Sweden in top 10.

A-lister

Veteran
Sweden was easily top 10,especially for juries. It looked pretty good and I can't imagine it getting outside top 5 with the juries and getting points from their neighbouring televotes.

We literally only had one country from our "bloc" though xshrug

The performance was bad, off-key, and if the juries really saved this then there's nothing more to add... the conspiracies about us getting unfair favoritism are true... period.

Uto

Veteran
Yeah, but if you can barely get yourself into the top 10 in a 16-acts-show then there's room for improvement, yikes...

Sure, Sweden's at fault for another country not making it, obviously, but those countries are at fault for not making it themselves because their act wasn't strong enough, no??
You are moving goalposts in a way that is unnecessarily obtuse. The point is that if Sweden is in then that means another song is out because of this. One of those songs is always a borderline entry and your points apply, sure. But the premise is that Sweden does not deserve their top 10 spot and therefore another song that is now 11th is really supposed to be 10th and therefore did deserve to go through but now it did not and these countries are NOT at fault for that when the premise is true. And since you don't fight the premise you are simply moving goalposts to fit your point. This is not a way to behave in a discussion. You should simply deny the truth of the premise.

Preuss

You are moving goalposts in a way that is unnecessarily obtuse. The point is that if Sweden is in then that means another song is out because of this. One of those songs is always a borderline entry and your points apply, sure. But the premise is that Sweden does not deserve their top 10 spot and therefore another song that is now 11th is really supposed to be 10th and therefore did deserve to go through but now it did not and these countries are NOT at fault for that when the premise is true. And since you don't fight the premise you are simply moving goalposts to fit your point. This is not a way to behave in a discussion. You should simply deny the truth of the premise.

Okay, this is your opinion though? You're entitled to that, but newsflash - I HIGHLY doubt the ten most "deserving" qualifiers qualify from the semis anyway though as the song and staging play a part here... like do you genuinely believe Blanche deserved to make it through based on her effort in her semi and then place 4th in the final? not if you go by this logic

I didn't fight the premise because I didn't see a reason why I should lol. Sweden could've not qualified tonight for all I care though as I don't really feel much for this entry at all...

Himan

We literally only had one country from our "bloc" though xshrug

The performance was bad, off-key, and if the juries really saved this then there's nothing more to add... the conspiracies about us getting unfair favoritism are true... period.
Block in a broader sense: Netherlands, Germany and Ireland are also in this block.

Realest

Block in a broader sense: Netherlands, Germany and Ireland are also in this block.

Benjamin got 0 Points from us in the Semi. And in the Final from each of these 3.
We also gave 0 to Eric who won the whole Televoting and to Robin S., Sanna and Robin B.
Which Block are you talking about?

Himan

Benjamin got 0 Points from us in the Semi. And in the Final from each of these 3.
We also gave 0 to Eric who won the whole Televoting and to Robin S., Sanna and Robin B.
Which Block are you talking about?
When you are 5th with the juries 3 points might be enough.

A-lister

Veteran

I wouldn't really say so, it's stretching it a bit too far... just because we're all in what is politically labeled as "western Europe" doesn't make us one big bloc.

Netherlands and Germany maybe to some extent... but it's stretching it really...

Anyways, I'm still pretty certain the juries helped us to qualify and that televoters had us outside of the top. 10... bad forgettable song with a bad delivery... still not sure what we're doing in the final this year xshrug

Dessi

While you're at it... Croatia, Russia, Cyprus, Belgium, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Malta is also in that block in a broader sense... The Sweden-loving block! :D :LOL: :ROFLMAO: xrofl

Pål Nordahl

I would never have chosen this song to qualify, despite how likeable Tusse is. But am I surprised it qualified? Of course not. Time will tell how much Sweden was helped by the jury... but there's a chance that they also received a sizeable televote. A very small chance.

Uto

Veteran
Okay, this is your opinion though? You're entitled to that, but newsflash - I HIGHLY doubt the ten most "deserving" qualifiers qualify from the semis anyway though as the song and staging play a part here... like do you genuinely believe Blanche deserved to make it through based on her effort in her semi and then place 4th in the final? not if you go by this logic

I didn't fight the premise because I didn't see a reason why I should lol. Sweden could've not qualified tonight for all I care though as I don't really feel much for this entry at all...

You replied to Grinch throwing down non-sequiturs as you don't take her point for what it is. My opinion is that Sweden this year is just shit and should not have qualified so obviously I find myself in agreement with her.

But I don't really get your reasoning beyond this, because you AGAIN go moving goalposts. None of us discussed what constitutes a deserving entry, so why bring Blanche into the picture and make assumptions about what I might think? If this is the standard we play at I will for sake of argument assume that you simply feel Sweden always deserves to qualify because Sweden is always the best at everything in your view and therefore cannot fathom that any other is ever deserving of a spot. Such obvious meaningless drivel should make clear how much I appreciate your argument. That to me is also just meaningless drivel.

If you do not fight the premise of an argument there is not much to discuss. If Sweden does not deserve the Q this means someone else did. This line of reasoning is solid. Then, whatever the reason, whatever the quality, none of that matters at that point, as the entire argument hinges on the premise.

A-lister

Veteran
Well, you can't really LITERALLY steel a spot in ESC, can you now...:unsure::giggle:

Well, if juries push you upwards the scoreboard simply for having a lot of countrymen in high positions within the EBU and the jury vote was the determining factor, then yes in a sense one could call it "stealing" :lol:

Himan

So as example you needed 122 points last year to qualify. 19 countries voted. As a jury, the song Sweden sent in was better than a lot of the songs sung by the ladies, especially Croatia, Azerbaijan. And since the juries are often more pop lovers, also Slovenia, Norway, Russia, Ukraine. You're 5th quite fast. 6*19=114. Obviously you get more points from Norway than Azerbaijan, but it averages out. Then you need just 10-20 points to go the job with the televotes. Norway gave 8 or 10 already, the countries I mentioned gave Sweden around 3 points and thus: mission completed, Sweden qualified.

Sweden just often gets fifth on the list and not first, this is where those differences come from.

Dessi

Well, if juries push you upwards the scoreboard simply for having a lot of countrymen in high positions within the EBU and the jury vote was the determining factor, then yes in a sense one could call it "stealing" :lol:

Well, but that is not LITERALLY stealing a spot. Read again. :giggle:

A-lister

Veteran
Well, but that is not LIERALLY stealing a spot. Read again. :giggle:

Well...

I'm starting to think that maybe EBU should have like a neutral person at the highest position, like a Canadian or someone xshrug

Top Bottom