Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingTiger

I'm not sure if it's biasism, I wasn't even alive most of those decades and eventhough I have listened to all Eurovision entrants that ever were (and even ranked them year by year), I've been naturally more exposed to the older Swedish ones (and barely heard any of the other Nordic ones until I started to go through all the years) and some of these are classics here so I guess it also effect the outcome I guess.

I must say though that Sweden was really good in particular the 90's, but as you can see the other decades it's more even (70's: 4x :fi: , 4x :se: , 80's: 5x :se: 4x: :dk: , 00's 4x :no: , 3x :se:), so it all depends on decades as well. For instance so far this decade, I didn't even like a Swedish entry. Also, should be noted that I just showcase the Nordic entry I liked the most each year, doesn't mean all of them managed to end up in my top. 10 per given year, so it can be a bit misleading as some of these entries I don't even really like lol.

I get you. Same here; I have been more exposed to older norwegian entries - and I guess that's where the bias comes in. But also in the couple of last decades I know I have been more exposed to the norwegian entries. Some years none of the nordic entries made it to my top 10. And especially in these years I will have heard the norwegian entries (many) more times than the other nordic entries.
I see that your list depends on the decades... but even so Sweden was your "winner" from a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 8 times in every decade. Nothing bad in being biased though.
Having that said, I am sure Sweden would "win" the majority of peoples lists - because no matter one's personal taste, Swedens has through the years sent many solid entries - based in a solid MF.

Phoenix

Surprisingly Sweden is my favorite of the Nordic bloc this year. It's cold and clinical as expected, but I appreciate the fact that this tries to evoke some emotions and it really is... loud. Dramatic too. But it sounds good, that intro/chorus melody was instant for me. However I am 100% sure I've heard this somewhere before. Who did they rip off this year?

Preuss

i'm taking back what i said about his vocals because he sounds like a squealing goat sometimes

LoveHate

Surprisingly Sweden is my favorite of the Nordic bloc this year. It's cold and clinical as expected, but I appreciate the fact that this tries to evoke some emotions and it really is... loud. Dramatic too. But it sounds good, that intro/chorus melody was instant for me. However I am 100% sure I've heard this somewhere before. Who did they rip off this year?
Not a direct rip-off, but the whole feel in the chorus reminds me of the 1994 hit 7 Seconds.

A-lister

Veteran
Not a direct rip-off, but the whole feel in the chorus reminds me of the 1994 hit 7 Seconds.

Oh the blasphemy of it all :lol:

7 Seconds is one of the best 90's songs and a really good track, Tusse wishes he'd ever come near that.

LoveHate

Oh the blasphemy of it all :lol:

7 Seconds is one of the best 90's songs and a really good track, Tusse wishes he'd ever come near that.
Don’t get me wrong; 7 Seconds is far superior, but if you sing the two choruses back to back they could be from the same song.

A-lister

Veteran
Don’t get me wrong; 7 Seconds is far superior, but if you sing the two choruses back to back they could be from the same song.

I'd say it's a far stretch, maybe a little, but ok if that's what you hear who am I to judge :) but I can't really hear it sorry.

revallsay

Tusse - Voices - Sweden
I do not like the very beginning, but the rest is great (little minus for the backup singers). The song give me happy vibes, I love it powerfullness. He will do great for sure. But will it win? I do not think so with the Melodifestivalen performance, I hope they change it.

10/12

Realest

The only Euovision Winner since 2009 without a single Zero in any Voting.

EyyPiSNXIAETZLV

Last edited:

escEndre

Check out our interview with fantastic Tusse! :-D

Please help us grow bigger on YouTube by subscribing our YouTube-channel! That will help us keep continue with doing interviews like this! :)

Preuss

I was just wondering... how do the dancers teleport on the stage?
in the official video at 2:51 you see the dancers in a line, then at 2:52, the female dancers were able to switch sides in the matter of less than second?

Realest

I still think Eric Saade would have won Eurovision.

I still think Eric Saade would have won Eurovision.
Nah, I think top 5 would be a safe bet. “Every Minute” is probably televote-friendlier than “Voices”, but it’s not an easy task to top the french ballads.

Also, do you think Ukraine would have been a worthy winner in 2011 if they selected the right song? :sneaky:

Realest

Nah, I think top 5 would be a safe bet. “Every Minute” is probably televote-friendlier than “Voices”, but it’s not an easy task to top the french ballads.

Also, do you think Ukraine would have been a worthy winner in 2011 if they selected the right song? :sneaky:

I think they selected the right Song, and Mika Newton would have been a worthy Winner as well.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Fans need to accept the fact that this year in MF they lost bad, and that the Swedish general public not only has chosen something else to represent their country in Eurovision, but also some female acts even had more televoting points than that fanwank "sung" by somebody who's "relevant" only because it came 3rd in ESC 2011, aka one of the worst editions ever.

Ezio

Veteran
This song by a random Swedish singer would have won the actual Eurovision in any year by a landslide.

So, I don't get why Melfest is so adverse towards serving chills and emotions, and so obsessed with generic songs by the numbers.

I always thought Sweden is a country without emotions, but this song proves me wrong, apparently.

Last edited:

jatojo

This song by a random Swedish singer would have won the actual Eurovision in any year by a landslide.

So, I don't get why Melfest is so adverse towards serving chills and emotions, and so obsessed with generic songs by the numbers.

I always thought Sweden is a country without emotions, but this song proves me wrong, apparently
Well, she is not more random than that she has participated at Melfest a couple of times. :) Anyway, I agree about Husavik being winner potential at ESC.

Top Bottom