Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC94

I finally listened to the :se: entry 2021.

Well, what can I say about it?? Sadly the same thing about most of their entries in recent years. From a technical side the entry is really perfect, but for me too much perfection isn´t a good thing. The song leaves me totally cold, the message of the entry is already pretty old for me and I´m also not a big fan of his voice. :confused:

Qualification to the final won´t be a problem for them of course, but I can´t see this as a contender for win to be honest.

All in all I give Tusse and his song :4:, I can listen to it but otherwise it´s pretty unspectacular. xbored

Iker

Veteran
If this song was representing the UK, it would have been branded as generic xfactor winner song. Generic, bland and bottom on Saturday. juries will save this then public vote will be naught.
This x 100. The only part that I find legitimately satisfying is that when the backing vocals enter when Tusse sings 'can you hear them?'. The chorus is quite uplifting and catchy but nothing wonderful either. It is sitting around my 25th-28th place out of all released entries.

Mrm

Veteran
Can you hear a million voices
Calling out in the rain?
You know we got a million choices
So go get out and let it rain

CAN YOU HEAR 'EM???

xlove xheart

Dessi

OK... This was my favourite, and is still my fav...
TUSSE and beautiful and lovely MOLLY. xheart xheart xheart :love: xrose
They are surely sick amazing, no one can match them... for sure. They are simply GOLD!!!!

Preuss

It's a grower but unlike every Swedish entry this decade, I don't see remotely anything in this song that feels modern or temporary

I still like it though, I gave it an 8

Dessi

I finally listened to the :se: entry 2021.

Well, what can I say about it?? Sadly the same thing about most of their entries in recent years. From a technical side the entry is really perfect, but for me too much perfection isn´t a good thing. The song leaves me totally cold, the message of the entry is already pretty old for me and I´m also not a big fan of his voice. :confused:

Qualification to the final won´t be a problem for them of course, but I can´t see this as a contender for win to be honest.

All in all I give Tusse and his song :4:, I can listen to it but otherwise it´s pretty unspectacular. xbored
OK, you pretty little bunny... xheartxheartso you have FINALLY listened to the Swedish song... :ROFLMAO:
Good for you then... Seem's like you are either a VERY buzy person or maybe you want to pretend like you are a VERY buzy person... ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:xhmmm
Eitherway, you are so welcome to harass this thread, like everybody else.... xcheerxhixheartxheartxyaaay

Last edited:

Rasmus0714

Not one single Swedish flag in this SWEDISH Thread... I really do'n't get it... PLEASE
tell me, honey! xqueenbitchxqueenbitch
Cause none of my fav won melfest 2016, 2017 and both winners had very cheap staging. Melfest 2018 and 2020 are both meh. I like Keiino more than John so it's Norway in 2019. And the only song I like in Melfest 2021 didn't make it to the final soxcookie

Last edited:

Franzilein

The instrumental actually kinda reminds me of Dihaj's Skeletons from 2017 (I like both songs a lot) – anyone else? :lol:

Preuss

If this song was representing the UK, it would have been branded as generic xfactor winner song. Generic, bland and bottom on Saturday. juries will save this then public vote will be naught.

It's already been branded as a generic xfactor winner song lol

moop

What can you say about this song. Its terrible. A product of moronic idol children voters who has the taste a damp diaper. When tusse belts out the word hatuuurs in the end of the first verse im ready to Hurl. Its so dreadfull that id switch it with the fake swedish song from the firesaga movie.

This wont even make the finals. Then finally sweden might realize, europeans dosent give a flying feck about swedish talentless idols.

Synergise

What can you say about this song. Its terrible. A product of moronic idol children voters who has the taste a damp diaper. When tusse belts out the word hatuuurs in the end of the first verse im ready to Hurl. Its so dreadfull that id switch it with the fake swedish song from the firesaga movie.

This wont even make the finals. Then finally sweden might realize, europeans dosent give a flying feck about swedish talentless idols.
Controversial opinion coming, and apologies in advance if this offends anyone:

I think a lot of jury members are going to feel that they have to rank this highly. It's been staged in a very specific way with a very specific message that I can imagine a lot of jurors will feel they need to show their support to, even if they're not necessarily huge fans of the song itself.

I think that's something that bugs me about this entry the most - they've tacked an incredibly important message on to a nothing of a song. If you're going to send an entry that means something, do it authentically - don't just shoehorn it on to a completely unrelated song and try and craft a story out of it at the very end. That's not an issue with Tusse, that's an issue with the entire team behind Tusse that made these decisions.

Many other entries with political undertones have done well and deserve to have done well because they've been developed authentically. I'm sure Tusse is entirely well-meaning and it's not his fault by any means, but it just leaves a bitter taste when it's so obvious that they just had this random, generic song and someone at some point decided "let's make it about Black Lives Matter and give it to Tusse", rather than it starting with Tusse and building a song and entry around what he wanted to represent at the contest.

In any case, I think qualification is all but guaranteed because of the jury vote. It has a decent chance of qualifying based on televote, but I can imagine that's going to be a lot lower.

Preuss

I think it's a lower top ten in the GF because this year is lowkey tragic af...

I don't necessarily need to see Sweden in the top ten this year though

Ezio

Veteran
Given that there are only 16 songs in that semi, Sweden is gonna make it through, but they won't slay. There is enough jury bias towards Sweden, especially from Scandibaltic neighbours but also incompetent countries who consider anything that Sweden sends as amazing.

And we get to enjoy another televote moment in the Grand Final.

But Voices is as shallow as the East Frisian coast and it makes me want to binge Polina Gagarina's song (not really but you get the poäng)

Realest

This will qualify with Ease with Televoting only.

Preuss

Tf our jury doesn’t care if it’s Sweden lol, just look at the results over the last years

yeah there will probably be a lot of people this year as well who act surprised and in total shock when Sweden qualifies and do quite decently well

CPV4931

I don´t like "Voices" but this screams 100% qualifier, no chance Sweden won´t make it to the final this year (And yes, I watched Anna Bergendahl in 2010)

i anixi

I actually would wish Sweden won't qualify so they can reconsider their concept of sending the same song all over again.
You people will say anything to scathe on the songs you're not so partial to, even if it's got nothing whatever to do with reality. Maybe that was true once, mind, when they sent Abba related songs (Perrelis, Carolas and some such) every other year, but now, really?
What was the song Sweden sent in the past that was like Voices, I should like to know 🙄

hzalfa

I really don't mind the song, it was my 3rd favourite in the Melodifestivalen final, the problem is that it has almost nothing to make you vote for it over other upbeat pop songs: Azerbaijan has ethnic sounds, Malta has playfulness, San Marino has pure energy, etc...
The best part of the song is Tusse, and not because of his charisma since he is not that charismatic on stage, but because he's ridiculously cute and adorable, to the point I can't help but smile and blush a little whenever I rewatch his performance, but I don't think there are many watchers who:
  1. Are into cute young boys.
  2. Use this as their method to decide who they want to vote for.

Top Bottom