Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveHate

Bland staging doesn’t bother me, but is a big no no if you want a song to succeed. Why it has become so massively important I’ll never understand. Entertainment value, yes, but I still base my personal ranking on how the songs sound.
Some years as a kid I even ”watched” ESC on the frickin radio, so staging was completely irrelevant.
-Old fart

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Loved The Mamas song and performance. They may well be the ones to beat. Anyone who doesn't think they can win, remember they were even lower in the odds this time last year. Nothing pointed to their victory until it actually happened.

Saade's song almost doesn't exist. It's too minimalist, the chorus doesn't go anywhere, and the lyrics are cringey. Not to mention the distracting staging.

My ranking of the 4 contenders :

1. The Mamas
2. Tusse
3. Dotter
4. Eric Saade

I think Tusse is the most likely winner, and I'd be OK with that.

Loindici

Veteran
I really don't understand why you are so worried about Sweden qualifying for the finals tbh. You can start being worried about it if maybe Perrelli suddenly wins Melfest :'D

I've only been following MF since 2019, and usually will have several songs I'd love to visit back (say, 2019 - Chasing Rivers, Ashes to Ashes, Not With Me, Torn, Victorious; 2020 - Move, Bulletproof, Kingdom Come, Shout it Out, Carpool Karaoke, Late) and can appreciate the other songs as well. In 2021, however, I don't find it as easy.

I feel each MF songs lack some oomph this year. Either I find some of it to be cliches of the genre they represent (Baila Baila, Voices, One Touch, Best of Me, Fingerprints), feels unfinished (In the Middle, Little Tot, The Missing Piece), or dated (The Silence, Dandi Dansa, Horizon, Rena Rama Ding Dong?). Not that these songs lack production quality, I can see the producers were really experienced people like we used to know. It's just that I find the entries to be less well-rounded and likeable on impact.

Currently only Tears Run Dry and Little Tot is something I can get behind, Horizon and possibly Allting är precis likadant and Behoven ar dig idag (?) will be something I can like. Oh, and don't forget Eva and Ewa. I'm not really crazy for the others.

Last edited:

JensJohan

İ am probably one who thinks that Clara staging is cute, watching MF i am getting tired that all performances very polish, every move is calculated etc and here comes Clara with her kinda amateurish and 'home ' performance which actually sells together with song. İts not my cup of song but i like it
I agree with you there. Her dress cost 4 Euro on second hand. Quite cute too.

A-lister

Veteran
İ am probably one who thinks that Clara staging is cute, watching MF i am getting tired that all performances very polish, every move is calculated etc and here comes Clara with her kinda amateurish and 'home ' performance which actually sells together with song. İts not my cup of song but i like it

Problem is it's not cute, it's not that it's not overly polished which is a problem, is just that it really looks amateur, unflattering and embarrassing.

JensJohan

Problem is it's not cute, it's not that it's not overly polished which is a problem, is just that it really looks amateur, unflattering and embarrassing.
I don't know how many winners in the history of ESC that I believe fit that description.

Journalist

My favs are The Mamas and Eric Saade. I hope that one of these will win but Sweden is always in my TOP 5 so... 😎

Anthony Tesla

To me there are four contenders: Tusse, as a favorite to win the public, and the Mamas, favorites to win the jury. Dotter and Eric are slighty behind, but as kind of dark horses: if there's too much of a disconnect between public and juries with the former, the latter could take advantage.

Frenchbaguette

Tusse might be a fave to win at the public, but Eric Saade's popularity is so strong that i'm actually thinking he will win the televote and we might have a Ukraine 2016 situation where the winner is like the second of the jury and the televote; a lot of surprises to come ahead !

But if it was up to me;

1 - Dotter
2 - The Mamas
3 - Tusse (i like it and I know it would do good, I don't stan it that much)
4 - Anton Ewald

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I'm curious whether any of the contenders can replicate the usual fifth place result Sweden always seem to be getting nowadays. All of the contenders have their glaring drawbacks and could very well benji out in a televote bomb.

> Dotter is the safest bet; I think. Little Tot is going to be a hit with juries (hardly a bold predix, i know) and I think the song is strong enough to provide her a good televote result as well (lower top 10-ish). If Sweden want to finish top five with all guarantees, they should choose her (not like this is taken into account. 'Bulletproof' would have come top two in 2020 and still lost to 'Move').

> Eric is interesting because I think he's the most likely to benji out - second jury vote, second last televote is a scenario i can absolutely imagine unfolding before my eyes. Juries love good stage shows, but audience members usually don't care for the sort of act Eric is providing. Televoters are impulse buyers, and while Eric's stageshow is good, I don't know whether he can retain attention if he draws first half of the finale. If they do however, he may grab a better result than Dotter.

> Tusse is the most 'typical' Swedish entrant, almost to a point it's a cliché. I'm not sure whether Europe would go for it, but if they do he will be a hit in both votes. Strong stage show + Catchy, accessible song hits a nice middle ground. If Europe is tired of it however, they will yank him in an unceremonious 7th-12th place in the Grand Final. (and no, A-lister, he will NOT NQ you crazy old goat lmfao).

> I'm one of the few people who believes 'Move' would have come top five in Rotterdam. I do not believe for one second that will happen with 'In The Middle'. I'm expecting a good result with juries (strong vocals + powerful stage show), but 'In the middle' just isn't a strong song, and I don't think the televoters will care enough to pick up their phones and spend money on them en masse.

> I don't really consider Danny a contender to win Melfest, but again, good stage show usually means good result with rational juries and an okay result in the impulsive televote on the basis of being Swedish and memorable should be possible. But he won't win Melfest, so w/e.

Realest

I hope this is an Indicator for the Televoting:

150.062 Eric Saade (91% Likes)
86.768 Tusse (88% Likes)
82.195 Dotter (95% Likes)
71.251 The Mamas (89% Likes)
58.319 Danny Saucedo (90% Likes)
43.662 Anton Ewald (94% Likes)
33.966 Charlotte Perrelli (94% Likes)
22.993 Arvingarna (82% Likes)

Realest

Whats so funny Koala?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
How many of those views are from Sweden though? Swedes cannot vote for themselves.

Loindici

Veteran
606,302 views: Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos - Rena rama ding dong

I think we have our winner ladies and gentlemen xheat xheart

DING! DONG! DING! DONG! DING! DONG!

Let our queens Eva and Ewa slay in the wildcard and go to the final
xqueenbitch xqueenbitch

Dessi

Andra Chansen on Saturday:
Alvaro Estrella vs Lillasyster – My vote: Lillasyster
Frida Green vs Paul Rey – My vote: Frida
Ev(w)as vs Clara Klingenström – My vote: Ev(w)as
Klara Hammarström vs Efraim Leo – My vote: Klara
:D xyaaay:love:

MooseShoes

I'm starting to catch up on the MF contenders. My first reaction to Eric Saade is:

Why those clothes?
Why does he keep pulling at said clothes?
Is he telling us he wants to f--- that ninja?

Looren

Veteran
Well I lost all my top 5 except Clara so I hope that she'll qualify for the final

Top Bottom