Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

I don't know too much about the TIX scenario, but from the little I gathered it seems to be a bit of a similar case yes.

Well, we would really have to rely heavily on the juries then, and they like bland stuff like this so maybe you're right it won't be an uber flop, but I really don't think Europe will like it much... I mean Europeans also vote with "heart", but they'll vote if they feel connected to the music because the background story will mean nothing to most of them (if they'll even know about it), that's a totally "local affair", and the song itself is void of any heart and soul, it's an empty bland Pop song and Europe punished us in the past for that and this is even worse than previous ones so the juries would have to really unfairly push us then but I am not sure that it will be enough this time around.

The staging is also bland (for Swedish standards) but it's still very effective and will resonate with enough people to not make it flop completely with neither juries nor televote, I believe. But the song is just... bland. I mean, it's not necessarily bad just not up to the standards of the pop songs Sweden have sent the last years or even decade.

I don't consider my taste of music to be universal or anything, but I find all songs from Sweden since 2011 good at what they're trying to be, whether you like it or not. I just don't see the same in "Voices". And that doesn't mean other people can't like it or appreciate it for what it is, but I'm used to always see and hear something great in Swedish entries - and Voices doesn't hit my popdar, which obviously doesn't equal a poor result of course, but I like a lot of pop music and listen to it a lot but Voices is very very bland

I bims

Veteran
Yeah because American history is Swedish? xshrug

Please sell the BLM stuff to your average Pole, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Greek, Serb, Icelander.....

Anyways, the story sold in Swedish media might be BLM related too, but it's mostly about this guy's background though which is a different thing.
Racism is an issue everywhere, even in Sweden :'D

And it could be another story but the point still stands that due to BLM there is an obvious context for the song without knowing anything about Tusse. But on top of that the commentators will talk about his story.

Preuss

My true winner... :love: xheat
He wasn't my winner earlier, but in som strange way got to be my winner tonight! :ROFLMAO:xmetalxmetalxheat

I really hate some of his movements on stage. I almost hate it as much as I hate Tamta's atrocious "replay replay replay yeah" movement. That was awful to watch

Loindici

Veteran
He wasn't my winner earlier, but in som strange way got to be my winner tonight! :ROFLMAO:xmetalxmetalxheat

Oh, no, girl, you haven't seen the power of Eric Saade, our biggest slut this year xqueenbitch

A-lister

Veteran
The staging is also bland (for Swedish standards) but it's still very effective and will resonate with enough people to not make it flop completely with neither juries nor televote, I believe. But the song is just... bland. I mean, it's not necessarily bad just not up to the standards of the pop songs Sweden have sent the last years or even decade.

I don't consider my taste of music to be universal or anything, but I find all songs from Sweden since 2011 good at what they're trying to be, whether you like it or not. I just don't see the same in "Voices". And that doesn't mean other people can't like it or appreciate it for what it is, but I'm used to always see and hear something great in Swedish entries - and Voices doesn't hit my popdar, which obviously doesn't equal a poor result of course, but I like a lot of pop music and listen to it a lot but Voices is very very bland

Only the future will tell, and yes the staging is bland too (generally the whole package is).

I am still not convinced Europe will vote for it, I can see some votes from some western countries but in general not much... juries will be our strongest shot, but will it be enough? xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
Racism is an issue everywhere, even in Sweden :'D

And it could be another story but the point still stands that due to BLM there is an obvious context for the song without knowing anything about Tusse. But on top of that the commentators will talk about his story.

I don't want to dig into some identity politics discussion, but I'll just say that BLM has nothing to do with Sweden or most European countries for that matter. It's simply not the same context and that's all I'm going to add to that.

Dessi

Oh, no, girl, you haven't seen the power of Eric Saade, our biggest slut this year xqueenbitch
haha... Oh, you precious thing... I'm to old to vote for any slut...hihi... :D xheart :ROFLMAO: But thank you for your most friendly statement.xyaaay

Preuss

Only the future will tell, and yes the staging is bland too (generally the whole package is).

I am still not convinced Europe will vote for it, I can see some votes from some western countries but in general not much... juries will be our strongest shot, but will it be enough? xshrug

I suppose that's a disadvantage when you have the same group of choreographers doing all the acts every year, no? I mean if they had fewer entries to focus on, then they could've put all their ideas / camera angles / lighting etc. in one/fewer entries to make it even begger. Seriously, I could easily imagine the same ideas for "Little Tot" being used in "Voices" for example

It would be sad if he flopped though, I don't envy anyone to flop when you represent a country that's been doing so well. Talking about flops and staging... You is arguably my favorite entry from Sweden but the staging was atrociously bad and robbed him of what should've been a top five at least

A-lister

Veteran
I suppose that's a disadvantage when you have the same group of choreographers doing all the acts every year, no? I mean if they had fewer entries to focus on, then they could've put all their ideas / camera angles / lighting etc. in one/fewer entries to make it even begger. Seriously, I could easily imagine the same ideas for "Little Tot" being used in "Voices" for example

It would be sad if he flopped though, I don't envy anyone to flop when you represent a country that's been doing so well. Talking about flops and staging... You is arguably my favorite entry from Sweden but the staging was atrociously bad and robbed him of what should've been a top five at least

True that, but Sweden isn't a big country so I guess there is a reason why we have limited choreographers in the first place xshrug But yes, I always said that MF is quantity over quality so it would help to have less songs.

Well, if someone has a bad entry they deserve to flop, and Sweden became cocky in this so maybe a flop is what we need to look into our own selection finally and make some needed adjustments? xshrug

You was a good song, but yeah the staging (and I guess mostly styling) in ESC was off, it was also one of the few times we actually had another staging in ESC than in MF.

Dessi

YES. I agee with you. "YOU" was so good, but the staging was sooooo bad.

Mrm

Veteran
Awwwww, sweet lil' Tusse, with cutest squeezable cheeks.. xheart xlove

A-lister

Veteran

I see what you're trying to do there, not going to take the bait...

200.gif

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

I bims

Veteran
Oh yes! Plus Helene is a good live singer and performer... I know you Germans are ashamed of Schlager, but when it's good it's good and that one would have slayed in Eurovision no doubt...
If that is the best we can do my point still stands :'D She would flop like Cascada.

Loindici

Veteran
due to BLM there is an obvious context for the song without knowing anything about Tusse

It might be because it's Tusse who is singing it, and the line "Get up and live and make it matter" might intentionally be written for BLM. However, if it was sung by Klara Hammarstrom or William Stridh, it'll be a regular motivational pop.

But I can't keep on bashing a song without taking about its positives. In terms of quality, Voices is well-produced and the chorus has a singalong quality. Pair that with also a singalong post-chorus, and you get something that can get people to wave their hands in the air, and that's a good thing since you want a direct impact with the song.

Dessi

I see what you're trying to do there, not going to take the bait...

200.gif

OK, the Oracle from Delphi is now counting Sheeps? :ROFLMAO: Time to go to sleep @A-lister?
I will still vote for Tusse, just because I CAN! That's Democracy for you! :lol:xlovexyaay

Preuss

I mean, what's there to adjust? With consistently good entries the last decade, the only thing I feel needs a buff is the quality of the songs. I doubt Sweden will stop sending pop, but it has to be good at least. And now that the season is on, I don't understand when people say that Sweden sends the same year after year? I mean, they send the same genre (ish) but the songs and performances are widely different from one another. Sending similar/same thing was Cyprus 2019 with Fuego 2.0 and Switzerland who basically copied Fuego and did well. At least that's what I regard as "similar", not the gender of the performer you send or the genre of the song. I always find myself in this discussion year after year, but people are really unfair towards Sweden when it comes to this. I would go mad if I were Swede. The reaction after TIX won MGP is probably the same shitstorm Sweden gets every year, no?

"You" has aged so well in my mind. I still have it on my Spotify list and my sisters and brother, who're not as involved in ESC as I am, listen to the song as well. It's so good and Robin's vocals were on point

Top Bottom