Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Dessi

I really don't understand how you can make that conclusion when I believe the viewers should still have as much say as now? :lol:

And how is involving more domestic jury groups (making up the total jury group) saying that, when in fact it gives more power to Swedes over foreigners in our voting? xshrug
Well spit it out then, for GODs sake ... :cool:
You talk like the "Oracle of Delphi"... First you talk in mysterious ways, almost in riddels. The readers HAVE to interpret you. You give some parts to us but not the whole story. And then when you get an answer you put the blame on the person who wants to know what the fuck you are talking about. And this has been going on for like 10-15 years now...
Why don't you just say what you REALLY want. Be PRECICE, BE LITERRALLY, cause it is a bit hard to understand your nuances. PLEASE!

A-lister

Veteran
Well spit it out then, for GODs sake ... :cool:
You talk like the "Oracle of Delphi"... First you talk in mysterious ways, almost in riddels. The readers HAVE to interpret you. You give some parts to us but not the whole story. And then when you get an answer you put the blame on the person who wants to know what the fuck you are talkning about. And this has been going on for like 10-15 years now...
Why don't you just say what you REALLY want. Be PRECICE, BE LITERRALLY, cause it is a bit hard to understand your nuances. PLEASE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
You still have a certain reputation behind the scenes and could be blacklisted by labels.

Maybe in the UK or Germany where Eurovision is treated as a joke, I have a hard time seeing a Swedish songwriter being "blacklisted" from any labels if they enter a song to MF (in particular not the ones who have more domestic careers than international).

The highest profile names we ever got were RedOne and Robyn as songwriters... at least I can't recall any others...

Loindici

Veteran
You still have a certain reputation behind the scenes and could be blacklisted by labels.

I can agree with this, though I would think of it as being 'blacklisted' internationally rather than in Sweden. I'm an outsider, though, so I can't claim anything.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
Maybe in the UK or Germany where Eurovision is treated as a joke, I have a hard time seeing a Swedish songwriter being "blacklisted" from any labels if they enter a song to MF (in particular not the ones who have more domestic careers than international).

The highest profile names we ever got were RedOne and Robyn as songwriters... at least I can't recall any others...
Well yeah maybe I'm just pessimistic because our entertainment industry really sucks.

Preuss

Baffles my mind how Tusse is nearly at 50% odds to win melfest. A favorite, okay, but 50%? wtf

A-lister

Veteran
Baffles my mind how Tusse is nearly at 50% odds to win melfest. A favorite, okay, but 50%? wtf
I've been talking about this in the thread already and been called "conspiracy theorist" and whatever...

But I'll stick to my point and it's because the media here is hyping him up ridiculously much because of his "background story", and nothing sells better to the average Swede than a "sad background story". Media hype unfortunately plays alot in who ultimately wins MF, and Swedes are sadly a collectivist bunch on average.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see it flop in ESC and everyone in Sweden will be like "oh but his story!!!" ... well, Europe don't care about local hype duh! What they will see and here is a bland entry and performance with a contrived "message" sold in such a generic Pop package that it comes across as inauthentic. Man if you want to sell a "message", it needs to at least feel somewhat "real".

Preuss

I've been talking about this in the thread already and been called "conspiracy theorist" and whatever...

But I'll stick to my point and it's because the media here is hyping him up ridiculously much because of his "background story", and nothing sells better to the average Swede than a "sad background story". Media hype unfortunately plays alot in who ultimately wins MF, and Swedes are sadly a collectivist bunch on average.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see it flop in ESC and everyone will be like "oh but his story!!!" ... well, Europe don't care about local hype duh!

I mean, that sounds exactly like TIX? Not really a sob story, but he did have a great following here going into the contest and obviously benefited from it. We're fellow Scandinavians... we vote with heart instead of head

I don't think he'll flop. Especially this year where it seems like we'll get an "alternative" year with many quirky, fun, entries, etc. I think it will do a top ten (no not because it's Sweden)

I bims

Veteran
Does it? Or just in regards to Eurovision?
Oh in general. Eurovision is just a reflection of that.
If we would send the most locally successful song by a german artists each year we would not do any better in the contest :'D

You should be reeeaally grateful that you have Melfest even in the current state :'D

A-lister

Veteran
I mean, that sounds exactly like TIX? Not really a sob story, but he did have a great following here going into the contest and obviously benefited from it. We're fellow Scandinavians... we vote with heart instead of head

I don't think he'll flop. Especially this year where it seems like we'll get an "alternative" year with many quirky, fun, entries, etc. I think it will do a top ten (no not because it's Sweden)

I don't know too much about the TIX scenario, but from the little I gathered it seems to be a bit of a similar case yes.

Well, we would really have to rely heavily on the juries then, and they like bland stuff like this so maybe you're right it won't be an uber flop, but I really don't think Europe will like it much... I mean Europeans also vote with "heart", but they'll vote if they feel connected to the music because the background story will mean nothing to most of them (if they'll even know about it), that's a totally "local affair", and the song itself is void of any heart and soul, it's an empty bland Pop song and Europe punished us in the past for that and this is even worse than previous ones so the juries would have to really unfairly push us then but I am not sure that it will be enough this time around.

A-lister

Veteran
Oh in general. Eurovision is just a reflection of that.
If we would send the most locally successful song by a german artists each year we would not do any better in the contest :'D

You should be reeeaally grateful that you have Melfest even in the current state :'D

Aren't you being a bit too hard on yourself now? I can think of at least some German songs that could have won (or at least end up high) in ESC (had they hypothetically been picked to represent you).

I am happy we have Melodifestivalen, and I know it's comparably stronger than many other national selections, but just because someone else is "worse" shouldn't be an excuse to become lazy and cocky with your own selection. If the quality is bad I will call it out, if it needs changes I will raise my voice, after all I am a tax payer and SVT gets billions from us so I guess it gives me the right to say what I want about it.

Dessi

If the quality is bad I will call it out, if it needs changes I will raise my voice, after all I am a tax payer and SVT gets billions from us so I guess it gives me the right to say what I want about it.

Well, you are just ONE person out of 10 milions....I dont see why SVT will listen to you especially here on this forum. :LOL:

I bims

Veteran
but they'll vote if they feel connected to the music because the background story will mean nothing to most of them (if they'll even know about it)
I mean...a black man singing "Can you hear a million voices calling out?" is a quite obvious message and story. It's not rocket science. And a story can help connect to a song.

Especially after the black lives matter protests more people are aware of the struggles black people face on a daily basis.
The context is already there, no explanation needed. And most people watch the contest with commentators and they usually tell us something about the artist anyway.

So I don't know why you assume no one could possibly get what he is singing about :'D

A-lister

Veteran
I mean...a black man singing "Can you hear a million voices calling out?" is a quite obvious message and story. It's not rocket science. And a story can help connect to a song.

Especially after the black lives matter protests more people are aware of the struggles black people face on a daily basis.
The context is already there, no explanation needed. And most people watch the contest with commentators and they usually tell us something about the artist anyway.

So I don't know why you assume no one could possibly get what he is singing about :'D

What "context"? I wouldn't apply American history and context on Sweden firstly xshrug

Please sell the BLM stuff to your average Pole, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Greek, Serb, Icelander... not very relatable at all tbh.

Anyways, the story sold in Swedish media might be BLM related too, but it's mostly about this guy's background though which is a different thing (it's more about him coming to Sweden as a refugee as a child if anything)

Loindici

Veteran

Sadly, I will agree. And sadly, I will still not like it since (again) I will probably going to see Sweden competing with a peasant version of an Alicia Keys tune (and of course this is from my butthurt bias as an Alicia Keys fan).

Dessi

My true winner... :love: xheat
He wasn't my winner earlier, but in som strange way got to be my winner tonight! :ROFLMAO:xmetalxmetalxheat

Top Bottom