A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
You people will say anything to scathe on the songs you're not so partial to, even if it's got nothing whatever to do with reality. Maybe that was true once, mind, when they sent Abba related songs (Perrelis, Carolas and some such) every other year, but now, really?
What was the song Sweden sent in the past that was like Voices, I should like to know 🙄
I know it's far from reality that's why I called it a WISH. And in my eyes the past entries have always been not substantial, boring and what people would call here bland and generic. Sweden DID have choices in its NF, but risking is unfortunately not their thing.

i anixi

I know it's far from reality that's why I called it a WISH. And in my eyes the past entries have always been not substantial, boring and what people would call here bland and generic. Sweden DID have choices in its NF, but risking is unfortunately not their thing.
In your eyes, no doubt. Being boring, not substancial, bland and generic can apply to a lot of songs whatever their genre even, but it doesn't make it the same song as you so carelessly put it.
On another note, further choices was exactly what Sweden DID NOT have this year, but I seem to realize that bashing Sweden in general and Tusses's song in particular has become quite a trend around here, as of in doing so one gets to be recognized as cool and sophisticated. A bearer of "good taste", in the end. It all sounds like nonsense to me. Song's a perfect anthemic banger.

mauve

Veteran
In your eyes, no doubt. Being boring, not substancial, bland and generic can apply to a lot of songs whatever their genre even, but it doesn't make it the same song as you so carelessly put it.
On another note, further choices was exactly what Sweden DID NOT have this year, but I seem to realize that bashing Sweden in general and Tusses's song in particular has become quite a trend around here, as of in doing so one gets to be recognized as cool and sophisticated. A bearer of "good taste", in the end. It all sounds like nonsense to me. Song's a perfect anthemic banger.
I am certainly not bashing Sweden (in fact I usually don't write much in Sweden's threads cause I have not much too say), but seeing Sweden wasting another year makes me angry. And in fact, I would fave supported Sweden very much if they for instance would have chosen Clara (or Ana in other years). And when you say that Sweden had NO further choices this year it's a statement as subjective as mine. xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
Since I don't care for our entry this year at all and basically said all I can say about it (I am however generous enough to rank it in total #25/39 and #12/16 in its semi) (and yes, the juries will unfairly push us as usual so contrary to what I said earlier, we will probably qualify unfortunately)...

... I will instead jump on the bandwagon from some pages ago and list my favorite Nordic entry by year starting with the latest:

(note that :dk: debuted 1957, followed by :se: in 1958, :no: in 1960, :fi: in 1961 and finally :is: in 1986 and apart from a couple of opt-out years here and there, :dk: didn't enter the contest for a decade between 1967-1977, I'll mark the years where not all Nordic countries entered with a *)

20's
2021: :dk: 2020: :dk:

10's
2019: :is: 2018: :fi: 2017: :se: 2016: :is: 2015: :se: 2014: :se: 2013: :dk: 2012: :se: 2011: :se: 2010: :se:

00's
2009: :no: 2008: :no: 2007: :fi: 2006: :no: 2005: :no: 2004: :se: 2003*: :se: 2002*: :se: 2001*: :dk: 2000: :dk:

90's
1999*: :se: 1998*: :se: 1997*: :se: 1996: :se: 1995*: :dk: 1994*: :se: 1993: :se: 1992: :se: 1991: :se: 1990: :no:

80's
1989: :se: 1988: :se: 1987: :dk: 1986: :dk: 1985*: :fi: 1984*: :se: 1983*: :se: 1982*: :se: 1981*: :dk: 1980*: :dk:

70's
1979*: :dk: 1978*: :se: 1977*: :fi: 1976*: :fi: 1975*: :fi: 1974*: :se: 1973*: :se: 1972*: :fi: 1971*: :se: 1970*: N/E

60's
1969*: :se: 1968*: :se: 1967*: :se: 1966*: :se: 1965*: :fi: 1964*: :dk: 1963*: :dk: 1962*: :se: 1961*: :no: 1960*: :no:

50's
1959*: :se: 1958*: :se:

Last edited:

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • Good vocals.
  • The rhythm is nice and flows well.
THE BAD:
  • I'm just not excited about this.
  • It's also not my cup of tea.
THE VERDICT:

This is just okay, Sweden. Last year, I didn't really see the appeal in Sweden's entry, and it sounds like it's more of the same here. Tusse is a talented singer, but I don't think this is the best they can do. I don't know, Sweden might have a rough time getting to the Final this year. 7 points

VikingTiger

Since I don't care for our entry this year at all and basically said all I can say about it (I am however generous enough to rank it in total #25/39 and #12/16 in its semi) (and yes, the juries will unfairly push us as usual so contrary to what I said earlier, we will probably qualify unfortunately)...

... I will instead jump on the bandwagon from some pages ago and list my favorite Nordic entry by year starting with the latest:

(note that :dk: debuted 1957, followed by :se: in 1958, :no: in 1960, :fi: in 1961 and finally :is: in 1986 and apart from a couple of opt-out years here and there, :dk: didn't enter the contest for a decade between 1967-1977, I'll mark the years where not all Nordic countries entered with a *)
Lots of swedish flags in that post. More than half actually.
But I tried doing the same. And it turns out I am quite biased myself, my list was dominated by norwegian flags (well for the last decades at least, the earlier years not much).

Iker

Veteran
I am certainly not bashing Sweden (in fact I usually don't write much in Sweden's threads cause I have not much too say), but seeing Sweden wasting another year makes me angry. And in fact, I would fave supported Sweden very much if they for instance would have chosen Clara (or Ana in other years). And when you say that Sweden had NO further choices this year it's a statement as subjective as mine. xshrug
Yes, we are free to perceive it 'dull'. And actually for me and for various other people :se: had at least 3 better choices this year (for me those were Saade, Dotter & Danny Saucedo). 'Voices' is among the most cliched entries ever and the lyrics turn me off.

Preuss

So they're changing the staging? For the better, I believe and hope
Will be interesting to see though

Realest

Why should they? Has Sweden ever done significant Changes before?

A-lister

Veteran
Lots of swedish flags in that post. More than half actually.
But I tried doing the same. And it turns out I am quite biased myself, my list was dominated by norwegian flags (well for the last decades at least, the earlier years not much).

I'm not sure if it's biasism, I wasn't even alive most of those decades and eventhough I have listened to all Eurovision entrants that ever were (and even ranked them year by year), I've been naturally more exposed to the older Swedish ones (and barely heard any of the other Nordic ones until I started to go through all the years) and some of these are classics here so I guess it also effect the outcome I guess.

I must say though that Sweden was really good in particular the 90's, but as you can see the other decades it's more even (70's: 4x :fi: , 4x :se: , 80's: 5x :se: 4x: :dk: , 00's 4x :no: , 3x :se:), so it all depends on decades as well. For instance so far this decade, I didn't even like a Swedish entry. Also, should be noted that I just showcase the Nordic entry I liked the most each year, doesn't mean all of them managed to end up in my top. 10 per given year, so it can be a bit misleading as some of these entries I don't even really like lol.

A-lister

Veteran

Sweden changing the staging? Highly unlikely, we only had one proper "stage change" for the past decades and it didn't turn out very well. I love though how when they say that they will do "big changes", it's basically just some light setting or camera angle :lol:

Preuss

I read somewhere they would do changes that’s why... and this entry could really need some changes for the better

and Sacha Jean Baptiste will be involved in the development of the staging as well, that’s why I assumed so

midnightsun

Veteran
I think Tusse said he will change his clothes for Eurovision... don’t know of that counts as a „change“ but I love the red suit. Gonna be sad if he takes it away for something darker.

Top Bottom