6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

FilipFromSweden

i dont know if this is true but i saw this on facebook
Something interesting is going on at SVT right now. Swedes complained to the SVT expert Gustav Dahlander that it seems like Austria’s votes where reversed, that the Austrian jury had mistakenly placed the points the other way around, just like Lina Hedlund mistakenly did in Eurovision. If that is true, Dotter got 10 points from Austria, not 1, and is the rightful winner. Gustav have sent this to the voting delegation to double check this. Let’s see what happens.

Oh my god, do you have a link to this?

simonPL

Well, this situation reminds me of "Cool Me Down" failure in 2016. I was recovering 6 months back then, oh boy oh boy. :cool:

#StayStongSweden #PrayingForMelfest

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The Swedish idiot who submitted her votes in reverse last year landed a hosting gig this year.
Lina Hedlund's mistake does not invalidate her votes though. They still counted. It is her responsibility to get them right. She failed to do so, tough luck on her. She voted for her least favourite acts. That is life.

Remember when Belarus qualified over Poland last because one of the Czech jurors made the same mistake? Those votes were still valid. They were submitted using the right channels. A human still put them in and pressed the big red button. They still counted as scores. They were not reverse-engineered like the Belarus jury vote where the computer algorithm malfunctioned without any human interference.

Even IF Austria had voted in reverse, their scores would still be valid regardless. Those were the points they submitted to SVT. It's not SVT's responsibility to be like "um are you *SURE* that's your opinion, Austria???" If mistakes were made it is, sad-to-say, is on the Austrian jury themselves.

Although you know, Occam's razor suggests their taste just is that bad...x

Like I said, the Mamas won. They beat Dotter. They have the throphy. They are going to Rotterdam. You'd better get over it, because it will happen no matter how strongly we protest.

Realest

This is how a Scoresheet looks like. Its impossible to send reversed Scores.

XzuSzVq.png

mauve

Veteran
After I have slept enough now, I still can't find myself liking this song. Even in my case the 2 pts I gave are very generous because the song is so lame that the only (probably two) times I will listen to it will be in may. Really, Sweden, you could have done so much better. Even when I was rooting for Anna, Dotter would have been very fine as well. Reversed points or not, Mamas got too many points imo.

Ezio

Veteran

BorisBubbles

Veteran
No but she is an idiot according to your definition
I mean... last year we had 200 jurors*. 197 of those voted correctly both times. It's not rocket science.

* I am not counting Belarus's disqualified jury.

FilipFromSweden

It's probably true Dotter won't go, but I'm excited for the media shitstorm on Wednesday when the headline is that Dotter actually won the televote

PinchyCrabstina

I give this entry 3 points. They can sing, I liked them last year, but the song is so uninspiring and boring. And I like this genre of music usually, but this is just, no... This winning makes me realize I was probably too harsh on our entry last year, it was much more interesting and dynamic in comparison to Move. Sad.

FilipFromSweden

It just pisses me off that it's not a regular case of ''oh the wrong song won big deal'', like I'm 70 % sure we would've won Eurovision with Dotter considering the songs elected. We had a huge fan favorite right there...

I guess that saves me a bit of money. I will not try to get 2020 tickets and I don't have to save up for 2021 ones

LastDreamer

Banned
Well, this situation reminds me of "Cool Me Down" failure in 2016.
Talentless singer, awful song, possibly the worst from all 2016 pre-selections.

FilipFromSweden

tosf7MA.png

Context: Tobbe Ek is the biggest Melodifestivalen journalist in Sweden and says he will dig a little in whether Austria submitted their jury votes in a reversed order

Swedenvision

Dotter is nr 1 on the popular chart "Svensktoppen" today and I guess she will be at least 2nd on Spotify top 50 today...

So what went wrong yesterday?

I have watched the final performance again and to be honest she was a bit shaky in vocals and overall it feelt a bit forced? Watch the performance yesterday and compare it to the stunning semi final performance.
Also Anna did better in the semi in my opinion.

Add the fact that The Mamas nailed their performance and had the best vocals of the night.

Don't get me wrong Dotter (or Anna) was my preferd winner, but remember not all in Sweden watch every semi and follows everything in detail, many watch only the final and vote based on that performance.
So in year like this when it is so close those small details can be crucial. :confused:

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Dotter is nr 1 on the popular chart "Svensktoppen" today and I guess she will be at least 2nd on Spotify top 50 today...

So what went wrong yesterday?
Age groups happened. Dotter is way more popular with young people 15-35 yo (who are majority of online stream services) then 35+ which had own few separate set of votes, they probably liked The Mamas and Anna more

Zonne147

Another amazing song won Melodifestivalen, it's incredible how Sweden always sends quality to the contest, and people instead of enjoying their entries and recognizing it they keep complaining Sweden always sends the same kind of songs. I like diversity but I don't mind that since they are always great and deserve all the love juries give

I was rooting for Dotter and I know there is a bit of drama going on, but get over it and enjoy the harmonies of those three talented women

:10: points and will obviously do well in May

Galandar

The Mamas is not my cup of tea. I gave it few attempts, still not connecting to that song at all. It better fits to the USA or a baptist community way of singing. The only positive thing for myself I see about this entry is using it as another WC break :LOL:

Swedenvision

Also let's make something very clear.
All the hate The Mamas gets now with mean comments and dislikes is patehetic and unacceptable!! :mad:
Also just look in this poll I mean there is no way they deserve 0 points...

I get that people are disappointed , I am as well, when Dotter got those 71 points I felt completly empty and could not belive it.

But to hate The Mamas the way many does right now is so pathetic and the main problem with this toxic fandom.

choda

The problem with Sweden is getting stuck with same songs in periods. This is good but we had it last year. Hopefully Dotter or Wiktoria for next year.

This may be better on televoting than Lundvik. There are not a lot uptempo songs this year.

Zonne147

Also let's make something very clear.
All the hate The Mamas gets now with mean comments and dislikes is patehetic and unacceptable!! :mad:
Also just look in this poll I mean there is no way they deserve 0 points...

I get that people are disappointed , I am as well, when Dotter got those 71 points I felt completly empty and could not belive it.

But to hate The Mamas the way many does right now is so pathetic and the main problem with this toxic fandom.

Unfortunately you are right.

That's why it's painful to follow NF's, and this year was even more toxic than others imo.

Aksel in Finland is the most painful example, I also thought "Cicciolina" was a much better option and if it got selected it would make it to my top 5 but people can't accept it lost and can't accept Finland will still bring a decent song to Eurovision.

I lost my favorite song from this season yesterday earlier than I would ever thought, is this a plausible reason to hate Ben & Tan?

Get over it, I also wanted Dotter, but The Mamas were as good as her yesterday. They are going to Rotterdam with a very good and professional song - you may disagree with this, but giving so many :0:??? What is wrong with you guys??

Top Bottom