6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

florinho21

i dont know if this is true but i saw this on facebook
Something interesting is going on at SVT right now. Swedes complained to the SVT expert Gustav Dahlander that it seems like Austria’s votes where reversed, that the Austrian jury had mistakenly placed the points the other way around, just like Lina Hedlund mistakenly did in Eurovision. If that is true, Dotter got 10 points from Austria, not 1, and is the rightful winner. Gustav have sent this to the voting delegation to double check this. Let’s see what happens.

hijirio

Veteran
I ain't getting my hopes up darling. Everytime i get excited that things might actually change, it doesn't. So my only hope rn is that dotter starts a coup d'etat backed my the military and takes over SVT headquarters and pulls off Mamas' wigs.

ESC94

Well, I have to admit that I´m generally not a huge fan of :se: at the ESC, and this entry sadly is no exception. :(

This year The Mamas, who accompanied John Lundvik last year in Tel Aviv, are going to Rotterdam with the song "Move". I´ve listened to this song three times in a row, but sadly I still don´t feel anything. It tries to be cheerful and spreading a good mood, but it just feels completely sterile for me, like most other Swedish entries in recent years as well. The fact that I´m not a huge fan of gospel music in general doesn´t help either. xbored

All in all this is just an average title from :se:. It will probably do quite well with the juries but I can´t see the televoters liking this as much. I give this entry :4:, because productionwise it´s quite good and I can at least listen to it without being annoyed.

Last edited:

0scar

Still not revived from last night's disappointment over 1 points

Guess they would never ever change the result, even if it's true that the Austrian jury gave their results upside down AND it would be admitted. Just like last year, when the jury votes of Belarus were altered, they confirmed that the Netherlands would still be the winner even if the adjustment would result in a different country getting the most points.
But it doesn't matter, I'm sure they would never admit it either way haha

LastDreamer

Banned
How can this lovely Ladies have more 0s then 12s? :(
For the same reason with :fi: topic, where Axel got big number of negative scores.
The majority wanted to see Dotter on the contest and even believed in her Eurovision win.

Realest

The answer is pretty simple: They can be as lovely as they want, if people don´t like their song they won´t give them good points. xshrug
But 0 is too hard, I could understand 3-4 Points.

Ezio

Veteran
i dont know if this is true but i saw this on facebook
Something interesting is going on at SVT right now. Swedes complained to the SVT expert Gustav Dahlander that it seems like Austria’s votes where reversed, that the Austrian jury had mistakenly placed the points the other way around, just like Lina Hedlund mistakenly did in Eurovision. If that is true, Dotter got 10 points from Austria, not 1, and is the rightful winner. Gustav have sent this to the voting delegation to double check this. Let’s see what happens.

William of Wiwibloggs was very dismissively eyeball rolling all over the place in the live chat with his colleagues Padraig and Angus about the "conspiracy theory" that Austria reversed their votes. But why not? He is a hack anyway who sucks up to producers and executives. Austria does not hold grudges against Sweden AT ALL, and ruining Sweden's winning chances at Eurovision would fire back big time. So unnecessary.

But Austria's vote is not the only factor. Let's be clear about that. The televote gave The Mamas the one-point edge. And often times fans whine about juries killing their televote darlings. This time it was actually the televote itself.

And unfortunately, it was also Dotter, who admitted to having been stressed and breathing wrongly on stage. It was audible.

The wiwibloggers appeared happy about the Mamas and said that Dotter was only visually more appealing but the song not so much.

I also thinks it is funny that after César came John Lundvik and right after him the Mamas with gospel-ish songs. It created a sweet moment on stage yesterday when John awarded his Mamas the trophy, but I don't expect a sweeter moment than this for them. Sorry.

opinionsigotem

first of all Austria gave Dotter 2 points not 1
secondly no jury in the land would give VAMOS AMIGOS 12 points wtf

theory debunked :)

PinchyCrabstina

Guys you're not going to get Dotter to Eurovision. She said she wasn't sure she wanted to go to Rotterdam and that she's happy for the Mamas and that they needed this more than her.

A-lister

Veteran
Seriously?

As I wrote earlier, this was just her political correct answer , of course she would go to Rotterdam had she won , case closed.

And even if something was wrong with voting, SVT would never admit it and change the results, so we'll get stuck with this dated bland gospel nonsense and hopefully NQ as a result of it.

Mainshow

Veteran
first of all Austria gave Dotter 2 points not 1
secondly no jury in the land would give VAMOS AMIGOS 12 points wtf

theory debunked :)
That "jury" gave 12 to Anis and 10 to Mariette (which had one of the worst songs that evening).

Theorey resurrected.

A-lister

Veteran
How can this lovely Ladies have more 0s then 12s? :(

They could be Mother Teresa, a bad song is still a bad song, but the problem is Swedes voted for them for the same reason you point out here, which is why we will have our worst entry in 15 years...

Realest

They could be Mother Teresa, a bad song is still a bad song, but the problem is Swedes voted for them for the same reason you point out here, which is why we will have our worst entry in 15 years...

Yeah, and when Benjamin and Frans won the Televoting it was because of Teeniegirls etc.. You always find a ridiculous Explanation when your Favourite doesnt win.

Top Bottom