6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
Malta is gonna be pissed as well. Mamas and Destiny are in the same lane and will cancel each other out.

EscUKFan

I need about a week to recover from that voting... even closer than Sanna and Ace!

As for The Mamas, it’s a :12: from me!:)

Storm

I'm not a fan and I actually think this choice is totally boring but they will do well probably. Top 10 is totally possible. Bookmakers seem to like the choice.

hijirio

Veteran
I will never forgive the choices made tonite. I need some years to forget what :se: and :fi: did.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Malta is gonna be pissed as well. Mamas and Destiny are in the same lane and will cancel each other out.
Destiny is just 4th woman from John performance, now they are in Rotterdam together

tuorem

I don't dislike that entry. Even though these women's voices would deserve something sonically rawer, because proper gospel comes from the soul and thus can't be mixed with plastic filling, it's Sweden we're talking about so one can't ask for something they couldn't come up with in the first place.

The whole composition is not the most eventful thing on earth, so I'm not sure it's going to be super memorable for the contest, but I personally find it quite pleasant to watch and listen to. And it stand out a little thanks to the vocalists.

7 points from me for now.

Ezio

Veteran

Kitakaze

Could’ve been a lot worse but that 1 point is a bitter pill to swallow.

At the end of the day they were the strongest singers in this lineup and it’s more than a worthy winner.

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol imagine if SVT was like "OOOPS the austrian jury votes were accidentally cast in reverse, Dotter did win instead".

That would be such a shitstorm of a result xheart

Franzilein

The Mamas aren't bad at all, they have a sweet song and are super charismatic. But Dotter had just everything and in my opinion the better song. Argh, Sverige, varför :/

Mrm

Veteran
Anyway, the real positive is that SVT finally overcame their penis fetish and gave us a top five of FOUR women and a corpulent iranian man xheart Progress xheart
Goooooosh, how many times I need to repeat you, he's Iraqi! :mrgreen: :lol:

I feel like in South park.. :lol:

Ezio

Veteran
Lol imagine if SVT was like "OOOPS the austrian jury votes were accidentally cast in reverse, Dotter did win instead".

That would be such a shitstorm of a result xheart

OMG, please make it happen xpray

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Sooo all our Nordic neighbours chose songs other than my favourites tonight. Yeah.... *rolls eyes*

The winning :se: Swedish song is ok (I give it 5 points) but I had at least 4 other songs before it among my favorites if not 5.

And the best song? Well, in my opinion that was: Anna Bergendahl. Epic, anthemic and with an effective stage show.

Overall Sweden is one of my favourite ESC-countries, but I must admit though I have liked some entries in recent years I have not loved any Swedish ESC-entries since 2014 ('Undo') and before that the classic 'Euphoria' and the great 'Popular' + most of the Swedish entries in the period 2003-2011. So I am looking forward to loving a Swedish ESC-entry again one of these days.. Best of luck though, Sweden!

Fluke

Well done, my favorite won for once! Of course this was sadly one of the weakest MFs ever, but i think they would have stood out any year still. Curious to see if they'll change the performance and how they'll deal with the backing vocal for the ESC version.

As for the others.... i don't get the hype about Dotter, it clearly seems to be mostly about her staging, and the song is banal and almost amateurish, if well produced and performed. Also, she seemed a bit off in the final performance, like she was struggling to pronounce all the lyrics, i'm surprised she did as well as she did, exact same jury points as the Mamas and only one less in the televote!

Hanna Ferm i used to like a little bit, but it just felt irrelevant in the context of the final, like most of the others. Mohombi sounded a little weak and the song is kinda cheap and uninspired, especially the chorus, he might return to win eventually, same with Paul Rey and the two previously mentioned girls.

Anna Bergendahl i just loathe, and finally i found it funny that Anis don Demina got so many jury points, i bet nobody expected that! Also, loved John Lundvik handing them the trophy, he said "We did it!" which is true in a way, even though he didn't have anything to do with the song as far as i know!

So now that we have our entry, what will the outcome be.... who knows, but i'm sure Sweden will at least make my personal top 10 for once, this really is a strong and exceptionally varied year (for the ESC, not MF!) but i think the Mamas have a decent chance at a top 10 placement, again!

Top Bottom