Worst :
1. Loreen - Euphoria (2012) - 0
2. Afro-dite - Never Let It Go (2002) - 0
3. Eric Saade - Popular (2011) - 1
4. Mans Zelmerlow - Heroes (2015) - 2
5. Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off (2018) - 2

Ezio

Veteran
Sanna should have won 2008 with Empty Room. It's much better than Undo.

You are right. Empty room is beautiful.

reginanoctis

Well, we TRIED our very best to send Empty Room ... But the juries didn't quite agree. :cry: (though now, in retrospect, I like Lay your love on me the most of the 2008 songs)

FilipFromSweden

Mohombi rehersed today like any other finalist

LastDreamer

Banned
For me it's almost impossible decision between "Du Och Jag Mot Varlden" and "Undo".
Both are perfect. xheart

LastDreamer

Banned
I just imagine "Du Och Jag Mot Varlden" and "Barbie" in one ESC contest. :love:

FilipFromSweden

My last ranking of the finalists

:12: Bulletproof -10 votes from me
:10: Boys With Emotions - 5 votes from me
:8: Troubled Waters - 5 votes from me

:7: Brave - 2 votes from me
:6: Talking In My Sleep - 2 votes from me
:5: Kingdom Come
- top 6 I'm fine with winning
:4: Vamos Amigos
:3: Vem E Som Oss
:2: Move
:1: Take A Chance
:0: Winners
:0: Shout It Out

Last edited:

alca

Well I had no idea about Mohombi! That explains why he didn't attend the welcome party last night. Today he rehearsed just fine. He also changed the performance. He has 4 dancers with him and they placed that thing he has on stage in a line, not a circle as it was in the semi.

It's incredible that The Mamas are so high in the odds! xlove Even in the first semi I thought they would just make it to AC. A DTF was a dream (that came true!). They still have my favorite song but I want Dotter to win. The song grew on me these last 2 days and I can't stop listening to it!
I'm shifting between #teamDotter and #teamAnna on a daily basis, both would be fine winners in my book ! I don't recall last time I had two entries I thought were equally worthy winners in MF, I mean I always liked a couple of entries, but to root for two entries as potential winners has been unusual for me.
Same here! Up until this morning I was thinking of these two! It's 2008 all over again. When I played Empty Room and Hero all day and every time each song was over, I wanted it to win. It's the same with Anna and Dotter. I'm fine with both of them but I think Dotter will do better. Or maybe it's just that I like Dotter a lot more.

My top 3
The Mamas
Dotter
Anna

Nemo89

After days, days and days of words of love towards "Bulletproof" of some members of EscYOUnited xheyaxyaaayx12points, I wanted to listen to this song (I rarely listen to unofficial songs).

After days, days and days that I read that Sweden will win or win Russia (which has not even made its song official), I wanted to ascertain if it was true (I am rarely interested in seeing these things).

After days, days and days that I hear the songs of Lithuania (which has to resort to a ballet due to a not irresistible refrain), Iceland (thanks to the viral brainwashing) and Israel ("Waka Waka"? No, it's beautiful! xclap"Austria, Michael Jackson!"? It's horrendous! xpuke), I wanted to taste a new soup xup

My question is, after hearing Dotter's song, "Is this the best Sweden can give?" xthink I came to retrain Ukrikke (which I never thought I would write xshock1:). The sound of "Bulletproof" is not horrendous but it is banal (a copy of that style that is popular among American teenagers xwall). I tried to get involved in the music, to hum but I didn't succeed: everything revolves around the almost tiring repetition of "Bulletproof". When you try to get the melody inside you it disappears and you are awakened by a "Bulletproof!" xgaah This is synonymous with musical poverty. The "Bulletproof" used for stoppers. Focusing on an energetic refrain without taking care of the rest (the rest with the function of making time pass and nothing more). The beauty is that many users have joked about "You are" from "The best in me" from France and "Release me" from Belgium xrofl ... here I have seen worse xfacepalm

I hope Sweden opts for another choice, Dotter is the weaker choice. Then everyone is free to do what they want.

Anyway, don't worry, if my cousin Ingrosso with his "soporific song" was rewarded and raised in the ranking (to then sink into the audience's votes), Dotter will play his chance of victory (in the hope that Denmark, Norway and Finland qualify). This year, thanks to Lundvik and Gson, France also joined the group. At best it is insured "Top 10"xdancexhugxcheers

Uto

Veteran
I hope Sweden opts for another choice, Dotter is the weaker choice. Then everyone is free to do what they want.
Nemo, this is Melfest. The rest Sweden has on offer is more of the same, but worse. There is *no* variety in Melfest, it's all completely hollow pop music. It's all equally emotionless and at least Bulletproof is able to trick you into thinking there is *some*.

An Italian would feel an emotion and has to answer the question of how to turn it into music that works. The Swede starts with a formula that creates music that works, but has to answer the question of how to turn it into emotion. Both are flawed approaches, but both approaches work when you commit to it.

Nemo89

Nemo, this is Melfest. The rest Sweden has on offer is more of the same, but worse. There is *no* variety in Melfest, it's all completely hollow pop music. It's all equally emotionless and at least Bulletproof is able to trick you into thinking there is *some*.

An Italian would feel an emotion and has to answer the question of how to turn it into music that works. The Swede starts with a formula that creates music that works, but has to answer the question of how to turn it into emotion. Both are flawed approaches, but both approaches work when you commit to it.
I don't want to say and accept that "Swedish music is empty". I think they are very good at writing music (I still remember and esteem bands like ABBA and Europe) but today they have relied only on the "industrial method".

What upsets me is not the new "Swedish method" or Bulletproof but it is the exaggerated admiration of some Eurofans who judge more with the heart than with the brain.

I love the words you wrote. You expressed a "musical racism". We Italians (we too happen to write bad music) it is true that we are very faithful to the emotion but to say that we do not adopt a "method" is the most distant from reality and a sterile defense to the "new method". Music theory was born in Italy. What is written on the musical scores? "Andante", "Presto", "Prestissimo", "Largo". We also apply a formula but try not to be slaves to that formula and to experiment with other formulas. Music, however, is an emotion. How to make people's hearts vibrate, how to make them dream if the emotion is artificial? We start from the concept of emotion and try to structure our composition. Never forget that before every emotion is born, the formula for us is always present.

Alaska49

k the mamas and their non-song need to be stopped right now lol don't let them near the victory

Uto

Veteran
I don't want to say and accept that "Swedish music is empty". I think they are very good at writing music (I still remember and esteem bands like ABBA and Europe) but today they have relied only on the "industrial method".

What upsets me is not the new "Swedish method" or Bulletproof but it is the exaggerated admiration of some Eurofans who judge more with the heart than with the brain.

I love the words you wrote. You expressed a "musical racism". We Italians (we too happen to write bad music) it is true that we are very faithful to the emotion but to say that we do not adopt a "method" is the most distant from reality and a sterile defense to the "new method". Music theory was born in Italy. What is written on the musical scores? "Andante", "Presto", "Prestissimo", "Largo". We also apply a formula but try not to be slaves to that formula and to experiment with other formulas. Music, however, is an emotion. How to make people's hearts vibrate, how to make them dream if the emotion is artificial? We start from the concept of emotion and try to structure our composition. Never forget that before every emotion is born, the formula for us is always present.
Of course my words were far more forceful to ever do justice to reality, but you get what I was going for. Both the Italian tradition and the Swedish tradition have to be respected, but it takes two different pairs of glasses to look at them, a luxury you don't have at Eurovision where these songs have to clash.

Myself, being brought up in the Dutch tradition, feel more at home with the Italian entries normally. Understanding this requires a rather in-depth knowledge of Dutch music as a whole, but I think it's best summarized as follows: there is Dutch music made for a global market (usually EDM) that feels 'Swedish', music made for the Dutch market (usually rock or folk) feels 'Italian'. Both are successful, but the schism between these styles is very obvious. The music that is memorable, that touches you, is always part of the latter group. To me, there is something inherently wrong with music that does not go for the heart so to speak. This discussion tends to flare up on these boards, but usually they're in the ballad vs bop form instead of the emotion vs fun or more precise b-endorphine/cortisol vs dopamine form.

Top Bottom