7 3.7%

6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

Alaska49

well, time for my yearly march 1st ranking of all melodifestivalen entries! this was a perfectly average edition of melfest that seems better than it really was because i don't really hate anything except surface, but not much is special. melfest still isn't back to its pre-app level of quality, but it remains solidly above the 2017/2018 slump, so that's good.

anna bergendahl - kingdom come
dotter - bulletproof
victor crone - troubled waters
jakob karlberg - om du tror att jah saknar dig
nanne grönvall - carpool karaoke

[this is where the song take a chance could be, had it been given to a performer with a soul. where is a ulrik munther when a melodifestivalen needs him? he'd slay this one.]
anis don demina - vem e som oss
felix sandman - boys with emotions (the colour expresses its quality as perceived by my brain, its position in the ranking reflects what my trash heart feels regardless)
linda bengtzing - alla mina sorger
drängarna - piga och dräng
amanda aasa - late
hanna ferm - brave
ovö - inga problem
mendez & alvaro estrella - vamos amigos
the mamas - move

faith kakembo - crying rivers
malou prytz - ballerina
suzi p - moves
paul rey - talking in my sleep
robin bengtsson - take a chance
klara hammarstrom - nobody
frida öhrn - we are one
mariette - shout it out
albin johnsén - livet borjär nu
william stridh - molnljus
mohombi - winners
sonja aldén - sluta aldrig gå
jan johansen - miraklernas tid

ellen benediktson & simon peyron - surface

Last edited:

Realest

Robin Bengtsson - Take a Chance 9.0/10
Felix Sandman - Boys with Emotions 8.9/10
Hanna Ferm - Brave 8.5/10
Mohombi - Winners 7.7/10
The Mamas - Move 6.2/10
Dotter - Bulletproof 5.5/10
Victor Crone - Troubles Waters 5.2/10
Mendez feat. Alvaro Estrella – Vamos amigos 5.0/10
Anis Don Demina– Vem e som oss 4.5/10
Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom 4.4/10
Mariette - Shout it out 3.3/10
Paul Rey - Talking in my Sleep 2.1/10

Since Robin is pretty chanceless and Felix doesnt have the most competitive Song, I hope at least Hanna can win.
I can probably put :se: again in my Top10 and obsessed Eurofans finally have their female Representative and the Hatewave against :se: will come to an End. A Win-Win Situation. I could live with Dotter, whose Victory seems to be unevitable, but in that Case I cant support :se: this Year (which is usually an Indicator for Success). Anna is a big No and I still think her Appeal only exists in the Fandom (probably because of her Backgroundstory). The others are pretty chanceless anyway.

LastDreamer

Banned
Prediction :
1. The Mamas
2. Dotter
3. Mohombi
4. Felix Sandman
5. Robin Bengtsson
6. Anna Bergendahl
7. Hanna Ferm
8. Paul Rey
9. Anis Don Demina
10. Mendez
11. Mariette
12. Victor Crone

LoveHate

My points:
Dotter 12 p
Anis Don Demina 10 p (have to root for the Zumba song in Swedish)
Anna 8 p
Mamas 7 p
Hanna 6 p
Paul 5 p
Felix 4 p
Robin 3 p
Mohombi 2 p
Victor 1 p
Mendez & Alvaro 0 p
Mariette -1 p for playing a guitar you can’t even hear in the mix.

LastDreamer

Banned
:6: Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom Come
:4: Hanna Ferm - Brave
:3: Victor Crone - Troubled Waters
:3: Paul Rey - Talking In My Sleep
:3: Dotter - Bulletproof
:3: Robin Bengtsson - Take A Chance
:3: Anis Don Demina - Vem Ar Som Oss
:2: Mohombi - Winners
:2: Mariette - Shout It Out
:2: Mendez and Alvaro Estrella - Vamos Amigos
:2: Felix Sandman - Boys With Emotions
:1: Mamas - Move

A-lister

Veteran
So now when the "looser's second chance" is over, let's focus on getting the right song to Rotterdam!

Only worthy entries
1. Dotter - Bulletproof
2. Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom Come

Decent at best to Meh
3. Robin Bengtsson - Take a Chance
4. Anis don Demina - Vem e som oss (it's actually pretty bad and should be lower but it has a certain novelty party factor to it that is lacking in the rest and the rest are just meh or lame anyways so...)
5. Paul Rey - Talking in My Sleep

Meh to even more meh
6. Felix Sandman - Boys with Emotions
7. Victor Crone - Troubled Waters

Lame
8. The Mamas - Move
9. Hanna Ferm - Brave
10. Mohombi - Winners
11. Mariette - Shout It Out

Crap
12. Méndez feat. the actual singer - Vamos Amigos

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: wtf

Citelis

1. Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom Come :12:
2. Dotter - Bulletproof :12:
3. Hanna Ferm - Brave :10:
4. Robin Bengtsson - Take a Chance :10:
5. Méndez feat. the actual singer - Vamos Amigos :10:
6. The Mamas - Move :10:
7. Mohombi - Winners :8:
8. Paul Rey - Talking in My Sleep :7:
9. Felix Sandman - Boys with Emotions :7:
10. Mariette - Shout It Out :6:
11. Victor Crone - Troubled Waters :5:
12. Anis don Demina - Vem e som oss :0:

FilipFromSweden

I’d be so disappointed if The Mamas won bc we kind of sent that song already last year

A-lister

Veteran
I’d be so disappointed if The Mamas won bc we kind of sent that song already last year

I wouldn't put "Too Late For Love" in the same category as The Mamas just because they were background singers last year and it also had some Gospel influence, "Too Late For Love" is a much more competent production and overall song, it's also more mid-tempo Pop wheres The Mamas is more uptempo and goes even further into pseudo Gospel-land, also "Too Late For Love" had a stronger more memorable hook, Move, as a song goes, lacks anything memorable and is also more dated... they really should stay background singers.

Swedenvision

There is no way Felix could win, if you looked at the the voting heart yesterday you could see it slowly lost is intensity already in the last chours, if we compare to the other winners yesterday where the voting intensity last during the whole performance.

Felix will flop in the televote and also don't think the juries will favor him considering we have more jury-friendly songs in the final.

abenteuer

I wouldn't put "Too Late For Love" in the same category as The Mamas just because they were background singers last year and it also had some Gospel influence, "Too Late For Love" is a much more competent production and overall song, it's also more mid-tempo Pop wheres The Mamas is more uptempo and goes even further into pseudo Gospel-land, also "Too Late For Love" had a stronger more memorable hook, Move, as a song goes, lacks anything memorable and is also more dated... they really should stay background singers.

"Too Late for Love" is the more gospel track to me -- it is totally an American church band song. While I prefer "Too Late for Love" as I agree it is the more competent song, it is at least as dated as the Mamas song, if not more.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
01. Anis don Demina - Vem e som oss 9/10
02. Dotter - Bulletproof 7.5/10
03. Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom Come 7/10
04. Paul Rey - Talking In My Sleep 6.5/10
05. Hanna Ferm - Brave 6/10
06. Robin Bengtsson - Take a Chance 5/10
07. Méndez feat. Alvaro Estrella - Vamos Amigos 5/10
08. The Mamas - Move 5/10
09. Mariette - Shout It Out 2/10
10. Victor Crone - Troubled Waters 2/10
11. Mohombi - Winners 2/10
12. Felix Sandman - Boys with Emotions 0/10

This is actually the best Melodifestivalen final in ages and ages. There are four super lame songs here, but the other eight are all highly tolerable, and four of them I even enjoy. Brave could have been one of those songs but ultimately every time I think of it I hear in my head Hanna's screechy live voice, remember the unattractive dress and get annoyed at how she's only in the final because of who she is. The song is ok, but there's a trashy feel to this entry.

Anis don Demina is a joy to watch, and he's got a super fun song. I really do love it
source.gif
He probably won't be able to come close to winning because of the jury but he'll no doubt be a big public favourite. Bulletproof is solid, lifted in a very classic Swedish way with that absolutely dazzling staging. If anything else wins here you've probably missed a trick, as this could honestly win Eurovision. Kingdom Come is very bless, and managed to win me round despite being a woah oh oh anthemic country pop kind of thing (something that usually repels me). It would be sweet to see Anna's redemption story unfold. And Paul Rey's song is actually rather lovely. I completely overlooked it originally. He's kinda smarmy though which puts me off a bit. That "oh can you hear me" part in the chorus makes me swoon.

I think that Dotter ultimately will win this but I wouldn't be surprised if Anna took it. People bring up Wiktoria's jury flops as evidence that Anna will struggle in the same way, but Wiktoria's country bops were eccentric and kinda messy (I loved them all the more for it). Kingdom Come meanwhile is very grounded and highly accessible.

Last edited:

LastDreamer

Banned
"Kingdom Come" will repeat "Ashes To Ashes" result.

LoveHate

With all four entries from AC being males the risk of some undeserving dude winning was greatly reduced. Phew! If the juries do their job properly and vote for the song with the ”best chance to win ESC” Dotter, Anna and Hanna should be their top-3, in that very order.

John1

Dotter is going to win, there's no way Anna comes even close tbh, even though I do like her entry

abenteuer

I am rooting for an upset as only two songs I would be excited for to win are "Boys with Emotions" or "Take a Chance". They are the freshest and have the most tasteful composition and production of the bunch.

If I had to choose among the frontrunners, I guess I would go for Dotter's song. I do hate the chorus though which I find bland, generic, and dated.

LastDreamer

Banned
I am rooting for an upset as only two songs I would be excited for to win are "Boys with Emotions" or "Take a Chance". They are the freshest and have the most tasteful composition and production of the bunch.
disappointed-woman-making-facepalm-cartoon_1441-3265.jpg

Swedenvision

So this is my ranking for the final, a few changes since my last one:

1. Dotter- Bulletproof
2. Anna- Kingdom Come
3. Hanna- Brave
4. The Mamas- Move

5. Paul Rey- Talking in my sleep
6. Mohombi- Winners
7. Victor- Troubled Waters
8. Robin- Take a chance
9. Mariette- Shout it Out
10. Anis Don Demina- Vem e som oss
11. Felix- Boys with emotions
12. Mendez & Alvaro- Vamos Amigos

Overall a very strong final and don't understand those who says this is a weak year.

I do think and hope Dotter or Anna will win, they would probably also be best for ESC!
But I would be fine with Hanna and the Mamas as well. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom