6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
My favourites MF-songs are all those sung by Shirley Clamp, Linda Bengtzing and Sanna Nielsen xlove

Realest

My Favourite MF-Songs are mostly Winners. From the Non-Winners "In the Club", "Statements", "I dont give a", "Constellation Prize" etc..

Realest

Btw. according to BOs, these are the Favouries.

Anis Don Demina vs Ellen & Simon 74/26
Paul Rey vs Malou Prytz 59/41
Felix Sandman vs Frida Öhrn 69/31
Mendez ft. Alvaro vs Drängarna 51/49

Surprised that Paul is the Fav against Malou. Apparently I missed something. I also expected Felix to have a higher Percentage.

Mrm

Veteran
Victor Crone - "Troubled waters", mic only AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH! :lol: Send this version Sweden please, this is brilliant! xheat

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

LastDreamer

Banned
Two my favourites, which were not mentioned before.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Some of my biggest favourites have already been mentioned here like Alcazar (all five songs), BWO (again, everything by them is perfection) and Pay TV. My biggest fave though, perhaps topping even Blame It On The Disco and Lay Your Love On Me:

This made a grown hairy man cry. I was a Melodifestivalen fan before I was a Eurovision fan, and I'm here today probably thanks to After Dark. I was obsessed with them when I was a teenager. I imported their singles and album from a Swedish website, and even a dvd of one of their drag shows. Of course, it was entirely in Swedish but I'd watch it again and again, the glitz and glamour of their art taking me away from the quite grim reality of my own life at that time. They were so special to me. Kom ut som en stjärna was the comeback I'd waited ten years for, and it was everything I dreamed of and more. The chorus makes every hair on my body stand on end. Schlager perfection. I was so filled with emotions seeing After Dark's Christer Lindarw on the Melodifestivalen stage again living the best three minutes imaginable.

Seeing their song crash and burn as it did was my most painful experience as a Eurovision fan. It's still difficult for me to go back to Kom ut som en stjärna to this day. My heart never properly mended. I'm lucky though I was granted one last round of their beauty. In the end it was probably worth the public breakdown it made me go through in the 2016 Swedish topic here.

LastDreamer

Banned
It's better not watch my MF 2016 ranking for you.

LastDreamer

Banned
Biggest comeback artist in my book you'll probably be pleased to know is Anna Bergendahl. I disliked This Is My Life (don't punish me please).
:(
Which my favourites you also dislike ?
For me "This Is My Life" (and :de: 1982) is the ideal of ESC performance.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:(
Which my favourites you also dislike ?
For me "This Is My Life" (and :de: 1982) is the ideal of ESC performance.

The only song from your big favourites that springs straight to mind for me is Lithuania 2015, This Time. I really disliked that song. It possibly was bottom of my ranking that year along with Russia and The Netherlands.

Mostly though I either like your favourites or find them inoffensive. I think with my own personal favourites meanwhile, you probably experience much more of a bumpy road :lol: On the one hand I'm the Valentina Monetta fan, who also loves songs like those from Anmary and Sanna Nielsen, but then I love a lot of the more weird, eccentric entries that you really dislike.

LastDreamer

Banned
The only song from your big favourites that springs straight to mind for me is Lithuania 2015, This Time. I really disliked that song.
It was the first and possibly last time, when my favourite won NF in my favourite country. Also I usually have very warm feelings with mixed (man-lady) duets and groups too.

Monika Linkyte is very cute girl, even if she is not so beautiful as another Monika (Sedziuviene).

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It was the first and possibly last time, when my favourite won NF in my favourite country. Also I usually have very warm feelings with mixed (man-lady) duets and groups too.

Monika Linkyte is very cute girl, even if she is not so beautiful as another Monika (Sedziuviene).

This is why we need Serhat & Valentina for San Marino xgoddess

Mixed groups are fun but I guess not fashionable anymore. I can't really remember the last time we've seen a mixed pop group.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@Mrm Babsan was my favourite from 2011xheatxheart Such a crazy, fun performance.

I also loved Sanna's song that year, and Rasmus Viberg's Social Butterfly was very underrated. Was listening to it this morning actually.

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

LastDreamer

Banned
Mixed groups are fun but I guess not fashionable anymore. I can't really remember the last time we've seen a mixed pop group.

Let's think xthink
On Eurovision : "Butterflies" xheart(?)
In UK charts : Scooch - Flying The Flag :love: (?)
In Lithuania : DAR still record new songs.

PinchyCrabstina

Here's some favorites of mine:

This is probably the most iconic Melfest song of them all in my opinion. 2004 was also the first year I watched Melfest so there's a great deal of nostalgia involved in this. It's the song that is going to be played on my funeral while I sit up in the clouds sipping on my champagne. BTW @RainyWoods After Dark will be making an appearance among other Melfest legends during this week's Andra Chansen show. You can't miss that!

For 8 year old me Elin Lanto was everything that I wanted to be. I don't know how many times I voted for this.

A group of Balkan dads singing about kebab pizza? Yes plss.

Kudos to Björn for delivering one of the most poignant lines in Melfest history: "If woman refuses the man's seed for more than 60 years, humanity will die out."

Last edited:
Top Bottom