7 3.7%

6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

Citelis

Robin is my favorite of the men entries in Melodifestivalen this year but in case he wins and goes to Rotterddam it will be like a small dissapointment.

hijirio

Veteran
Robin is an eye candy tho his music is not always my taste (well, constellation prize is a gem) but if my family rooted for Mans i’d immediately start looking for a replacement.

PinchyCrabstina

I really like Robin's song. It's right up my alley. The chorus is very Laleh-esque. Now I still want Anna to win and have her revenge at Eurovision. Dotter would be OK.

Preuss

Well, I have the feeling that Sweden won't be very popular if they were to send Hanna... :rolleyes:
I honestly think that "Brave" is good enough to win, although the staging drags it down a bit

I mean, if she got a staging that complimented the song like Robin and Benjamin's stagings, I think this would've been another story

I think this would be my ranking for this year's melfest though:

1) The Mamas
2) Hanna
3) Felix
4) Anna
5) Dotter

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Brave is like... amateur hour fempop. I enjoy it myself, but like, it desperately tries to be an Empowerment Anthem despite over half of it being actual, literal, jibberish. I expected worse judging from the snippets (I mean, we've all been conditioned to associate Jessica Mauboy with failure, so you can blame me for doing the same with Hanna), but a powerful entry? Not at all.

I have no complaints about Hanna herself. She was good in "Hold You" and is once again good here. She outsells "Brave" (and was 100% correct in picking it over "Ballerina" and "Take a chance"), but there's only so much goodwill one can inject into a song written by Laurel "COVID19" Barker.

Uto

Veteran
... into a song written by Laurel "COVID19" Barker.
I have a fairly high tolerance for this stuff (I'm Dutch after all, what else can we joke about), but many people are pretty scared. I think we can do without these jokes for the time being? If you insist I won't be stopping you of course, but some consideration is probably wise is what I'm saying.

PinchyCrabstina

@PinchyCrabstina

Why you don't like my Mamas? xcry

Who will vote for my Mamas for me? :( I have to believe my @Dessi and @alca will.. xlove xheart

I love what the Mamas but the song itself just isn't very memorable to me. I have trouble remembering what it sounds like and I wish they would've done something more with the staging.

For my fellow Oto and Nanne stan I'll give them a vote though. xcheers

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

njdevils94

Veteran
Melfest Semi 4 - Malmo review

By far the most entertaining of the four semis. 👏 Great to see so many acts without dancers. (not just the obvious ones.)

Starting with the finalists. I guess Hanna was always going to be top 2 with the hype and spot she was put in. The opening verses are ok but after that this is just a mess. The post card mentioning Sia and Billie Eilish influences in it. :lol: I don't think so. Her english wasn't easy to decipher in parts. She was styled like Jessica Mauboy for some reason. On top of that the biggest problem I have with it is I don't believe a single thing that she says probably because she has the stage presence and charisma of a wet blanket.
rip.gif

Troubled Waters is quite good in full. It has an easy breezy vibe to it. Staging was nice and the lights show was effective. Victor might just be the IJ's and Bjorkman's favorites and sneak a win here. He did struggle vocally half-way through the song though.

Frida was a great opener and her red/purple/pink outfit was quite a look. Not sure about the gold streamers in the background though. She carried the song well all by herself. Glad she has a second chance but up against it in AC with her match up sadly. Slightly more positive about Ellen & Simon's outlook in Eskilstuna next week. I think is my 2nd favorite song after Bulletproof at Melfest 2020. The Shallow vibes in this number are very apparent. Their voices really do harmonize well together and the moody staging was on point.

Surprise, Surprise the 3 Swedish song were the bottom 3. Actually was really impressed by William. Surely it has to be some sort of victory that he got out of the first round of voting in the coffin two slot. Nice staging for a pleasant well sung Swedish song. Hope he is at Melfest in the future. Jakob also had a decent pop-rock style song. In fact the only real resemblance of rock I can recall in Melfest this year. Nanne unsurprisingly flopped but I did enjoy her staging with her human car setup. Though there was supposed to be a real car though but oh well.

:se: Melodifestivalen Semifinal 4
1. Ellen Benediktson & Simon Peyron - Surface
2. Frida Öhrn - We Are One
3. Victor Crone - Troubled Waters
4. William Stridh - Molnljus
5. Jakob Karlberg - Om du tror att jag saknar dig
6. Nanne Grönvall - Carpool Karaoke
7. Hanna Ferm - Brave

alca

@PinchyCrabstina

Why you don't like my Mamas? xcry

Who will vote for my Mamas for me? :( I have to believe my @Dessi and @alca will.. xlove xheart
Hm... why didn't I get that mention notification?:unsure:

Anyway, the Mamas xheart I'm so glad that they are 4th in the odds. I mean, I know they won't win [and to be honest, it's better this way. I wouldn't want Sweden to (basically) send the same artists two years in a row] but still... I'm proud of my girls! xlove

Top Bottom