28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

MalagaToledo

Banned
I'd like to see Mariette have a try, she's had some amazing entries in melfest
Also I remember her beautiful little gesture when she announced the points from Sweden back in 2015 saying that differences are only in our minds not in our hearts xlove

Im afraid she is not interested anymore after she saw how public wasn't enthusiastic about her songs. In 2015 with don't stop believing she should have represented Sweden instead mans. That song is epic.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

This masterpiece lost in melfest 2015. Swedish public and international jurry chose led background, generic song without a soul. Let that sink in. Sadly, I'm afraid she will never come back to melfest because even with this masterpiece she wasn't even close winning. Her name is Mariette.

https://youtu.be/Tb62GOAYXa0

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ohh, I have the strange feeling creature called mans zelmerlow would compete next year and I don't know how to recover after that. Swedes, please be smart with your musical taste this time. He officially confirmed that he plans to return in near future as competitor and it might be next year or in 3 years and that was my biggest nightmare. As it wasn't enough that we have to watch him every year in esc as interval act etc..
#TeamAnyoneExceptMans literally ANYONE except him.

Citelis

Actually Mans was good. It would be nice to see him on Melodifestivalen again.

EscGeek

Veteran
Ohh, I have the strange feeling creature called mans zelmerlow would compete next year and I don't know how to recover after that. Swedes, please be smart with your musical taste this time. He officially confirmed that he plans to return in near future as competitor and it might be next year or in 3 years and that was my biggest nightmare. As it wasn't enough that we have to watch him every year in esc as interval act etc..
#TeamAnyoneExceptMans literally ANYONE except him.

Every other post from you is about Mans & how much you hate him xrofl3

MalagaToledo

Banned
Every other post from you is about Mans & how much you hate him xrofl3

Well, I'm sure he hates me too so the feeling is mutual. Why otherwise he & his wife block me on insta. There were at least 10 other openly controversial singers who openly expressed their unpopular social views, but he is the only one who brings the worst out of ppl. He is the only Swedish singer that has so many haters. If he can be obsessed with eurovision, why can't someone be obsessed with him.

Alaska49

There were at least 10 other openly controversial singers who openly expressed their unpopular social views, but he is the only one who brings the worst out of ppl.
this is some A+ victim-blaming i can't help but be a bit fascinated

anyway mans won't win if he does melfest again under The Björkman Reign of Terror so i don't think you need to worry and i am not sure if i want to see him again in eurovision if only because i love him and i don't want him to become a new rybak so i hope he doesn't do it again at all or at least in a long time. he should definitely host it all of the time and forevermore though. bbc doesn't deserve you, mans, you deserve better. actually, i'm not even sure svt deserves him either. can he learn ukrainian? vidbir deserves him.

anyway, can oscar enestad be the new Annointed One? he would be a disaster. and probably still be 5th! i'd love it so much.

MalagaToledo

Banned
this is some A+ victim-blaming i can't help but be a bit fascinated

anyway mans won't win if he does melfest again under The Björkman Reign of Terror so i don't think you need to worry and i am not sure if i want to see him again in eurovision if only because i love him and i don't want him to become a new rybak so i hope he doesn't do it again at all or at least in a long time. he should definitely host it all of the time and forevermore though. bbc doesn't deserve you, mans, you deserve better. actually, i'm not even sure svt deserves him either. can he learn ukrainian? vidbir deserves him.

anyway, can oscar enestad be the new Annointed One? he would be a disaster. and probably still be 5th! i'd love it so much.

https://youtu.be/citnakHD5yQ

Here is the link of video in which he explains he would like to go to eurovision every single year and besides that he plans to return to contest as competitor very soon. He already posts on insta this is just beginning, NED do u have a role for me, expect him to return maybe even this year or in next 5 years max. I know he can't win anymore, but still even seeing him there will ruin whole eurovision for me. What do u mean victim? Are u saying mans is victim? In what universe and how? This wasn't a question, lol..

Dessi

I just want Sweden to withdraw. x0sx0s

You're not the only one.... A LOT of Swedes want Sweden to withdraw since they hear that Europe hates them...
*Don't know what smiley to put here*
???? x??? xwait

Loindici

Veteran
As long as Björkman's still there, my hopes aren't big.

tuorem

Next year, Swedes should scrap Melfest and hold a NF like Finland did in the last two years.

One artist: Christer Björkman. xheart

Three schlagers: "I'm A Joker", "I Don't Give A" and "Suède Douze Pointe". xheat

Spice things up guys!!

FilipFromSweden

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

This masterpiece lost in melfest 2015. Swedish public and international jurry chose led background, generic song without a soul. Let that sink in. Sadly, I'm afraid she will never come back to melfest because even with this masterpiece she wasn't even close winning. Her name is Mariette.

https://youtu.be/Tb62GOAYXa0

You can fangirl all you want, if a chosen song ends up winning Eurovision the decision couldn't have been more right

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol I loved "Don't stop believing" way more than "Heroes" at the time, but picking Måns was 100% the right decision for Sweden. Mariette would've been another third placer for them (or even lower. Aminata was there, with a better song.)

Also, Mariette's other two melfest entries weren't even good, so I'm happy if she stays away from Melfest for, idk, another five years or so...x

Loindici

Veteran
Bold prediction:
1. Bjorkman-Gunnarsson & co. will go again with a great pop song sung by a male pop artist, or
2. Bjorkman-Gunnarsson & co. will go with Jon Henrik or any female singer just to deceive with all our minds.

Preuss

Question is if the Swedes want to do anything with the televote problem and go all in to win the televote next year perhaps

Alaska49

Question is if the Swedes want to do anything with the televote problem and go all in to win the televote next year perhaps
they definitely should make this their #1 priority. they will get jury top 5 with anything they send regardless of what it is, so they don't need to worry about it at all.

Pawhlen

I hardly doubt that, since both John and Benjamin won the televoting in our final, and that didn´t help.

93p from the televote this year compared to 21 last year is a good improvement, hopefully we get even more 2020

JohnyKaz

they definitely should make this their #1 priority. they will get jury top 5 with anything they send regardless of what it is, so they don't need to worry about it at all.

Well actually Frans was 9th with the juries. But I get that it was a completely different song from what we're used to from Sweden. If he was actually representing any other country other than Australia or Malta I believe he would have definitely ended outside of the top 15.

Eric Saade was also 7th but that was before the golden age of Sweden started so it doesn't really count.

Top Bottom