6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

Fluke

Want to debut:
Dirty Loops - surprised they haven't been considered yet, maybe their songs were rejected....

Katarina Barruk - jump to the end for a song that would have been fantastic in MF - i hope she'll consider entering....
https://www.svtplay.se/video/22024962/studio-sapmi/studio-s-pmi-sasong-5-avsnitt-12

Want to return:
Alice Svensson
Annika Herlitz
Bishara - Obviously, and now he might really be ready for it!
High15 - They got so much talent, i think they can do better!
Kristin Amparo
Mohombi
Omar Rudberg
Pagan Fury - The song and the vocals were AMAZING, they were robbed by that silly staging....
The Lovers of Valdaro
YOHIO - He is going solo again now, i'm sure he could come up with something amazing!

LalehForWD

[MENTION=5921]Fluke[/MENTION] always intersting to see some fresh ideas

Dirty Loops ft Maja Keuc - OR - Maja Keuc ft Dirty Loops :lol:

My tip for 2020 is we'll finally get
4CR1ddmQGR6RL4K-mCNC6UA1eJ8.jpg

Linda Pira with a smash hit på svenska

and if I dream a little: GRANT or Ji Nilsson

randajad

Veteran
[MENTION=5921]Fluke[/MENTION] always intersting to see some fresh ideas

Dirty Loops ft Maja Keuc - OR - Maja Keuc ft Dirty Loops :lol:

My tip for 2020 is we'll finally get
https://images.hdsydsvenskan.se/980x588/4CR1ddmQGR6RL4K-mCNC6UA1eJ8.jp
Linda Pira with a smash hit på svenska

and if I dream a little: GRANT or Ji Nilsson[/QUOTE]

How about Laleh tho? A girl can dream.xprayxpray

Realest

How about Bishara with a Song written by Benjamin?

LalehForWD

How about Laleh tho? A girl can dream.xprayxpray

Actually no, :eek::)xrose I wouldn't want Laleh to enter the Melodifestivalen drama. She's busy making her a place as a producer/songwriter in Los Angeles, extremely goal-oriented and serious. I wish her all well and success and none of the awkwardness she would feel participating in Melodifestivalen. It's the same I wouldn't want Soen there either.

randajad

Veteran
Actually no, :eek::)xrose I wouldn't want Laleh to enter the Melodifestivalen drama. She's busy making her a place as a producer/songwriter in Los Angeles, extremely goal-oriented and serious. I wish her all well and success and none of the awkwardness she would feel participating in Melodifestivalen. It's the same I wouldn't want Soen there either.

Yeah, I actually kinda agree. Can we borrow her at least? :mrgreen:

Pawhlen

The only thing that really would satisfy all haters would be us withdrawing, but that ain´t gonna happen

A-lister

Veteran
All I'm hoping for is a good MF for a change, the last two editions were dreadful. Sure, we picked the best we could in 2019 (not in 2018 though), but most of the rest were bad with only a couple of entries that were "decent" at best each edition. MF really can't go on like this... it's tiring to state the same each year, but the cronyism and corruption needs to go, the quantity needs to be exchanged with quality and focus on "show" with no substance really needs to go as well. I'm all for a big show and entertainment, but the focus still needs to be on the music and if the show can't deliver good songs, what's the point really? To have to sit through some 20+ bad or mediocre entries is not really entertaining regardless of how much it is disguised with "good production", there are almost no entries from the past editions I would even consider go back listening to.

Sweden is a great music producer country and we know how to deliver in ESC, I just wish that this mindset would also be reflected in the actual selection (not only in staging and production which often is ok at least). Surely, only true ESC fans following our selection knows about the songs in MF, wheres the general public will only be exposed to our winner / ESC entrant and thus get a different perception from it, but it's all misleading when there is almost only one worthy entry out of 28, as was painfully obvious in MF 2019. I guess some would say that in the end all that truly matters is what entry we end up sending to ESC, but if there is no proper competition and no other good alternatives then it's pretty sad, and before people start saying that we "play it safe every year", well I would love for us to send something more interesting, but the producers of MF doesn't even allow us the option since they fill MF with crap entries and the "different sounding" ones tend to be bad, so we end up picking the least bad out of the bunch that tend to be ... well... "safe".

Make Melodifestivalen Great Again!

LalehForWD

[MENTION=4544]A-lister[/MENTION], you've been stating there's "cronyism and corruption" or something alike in Melodifestivalen for 8 years now. Is it an opinion you have? Or a hunch you have? Or do you have some solid evidence corruption is actually the case? To me it kind of fall flat as critique. Over the years there have been several attempts to find any loose ends regarding Melodifestivalen and they always ends up with nothing. You may not be aware of Sveriges Radio Medierna recently did an ambitious serious try, see:

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/1245204?programid=2795

I'd say they came up pretty mediocre, the most exciting was perhaps about Live Nation, that is about the live events around Sweden and the kommun involvement. I guess you can see cronyism pretty much everywhere if you like, but especially in show business it's easy because the judgement of competence is unspecified. It's also only natural that work teams become friends. From the outside, it's impossible to judge if a team work together because they are friends or they are friends because they work together. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A-lister

Veteran
[MENTION=10594]LalehForWD[/MENTION]

Thousands of entries submitted, yet the same songwriters (many whom know each other in real life and the producers and Björkman himself... it is a small world afterall) gets picked each year even with bad entries... we can pretend it's all fair and square if it makes us sleep better at night, if you think there is none of this than it's your prerogative.

Pawhlen

Thousands of entries submitted, yet the same songwriters (many whom know each other in real life and the producers and Björkman himself... it is a small world afterall) gets picked each year even with bad entries... we can pretend it's all fair and square if it makes us sleep better at night, if you think there is none of this than it's your prerogative.

I guess you are supporting SD politically? I ask because you sound like them a lot

A-lister

Veteran
I guess you are supporting SD politically? I ask because you sound like them a lot

Huh? What does politics have to do with wanting MF to become a better selection and supporting more transparency ? :lol:

Pawhlen

Huh? What does politics have to do with wanting MF to become a better selection and supporting more transparency ? :lol:

I just wondering since you sound very much like them in your arguments for a very long time now

A-lister

Veteran
I just wondering since you sound very much like them in your arguments for a very long time now

I am not sure what this has to do with the topic, there is a thread for politics or you can PM me if you want to discuss Swedish politics... just saying ;)

LalehForWD

Well, I don't know, we have had only glimpses of info coming out of the process of song selection. I think there is a huge influence from the big record companies - say Warner Sweden, probably a couple of more or less free guaranteed spots to each of them. A tradition I think goes way back to the glorious times of Skara-Bert and Stikkan Anderson. Some may think this is unfair and outrageously wrong, but personally, I'm fine with it. It has worked extremely well for us and for me the song selection isn't the issue. My issue is the sloppy management and tampering with the Melodifestivalen program format in recent years, for example, the script, the app and the somewhat obvious viewer profiling. 2018 was a true low point. I want it to remain a family show and a platform for emerging artists. I do NOT want it to be a talent show. So, sure, coming from nowhere it's probably extremely difficult to get a spot in the program regardless of song. You need to be signed to a record company and work yourself through to one of their spots, or at least somehow make a name for yourself. One suggestion I like is to give 4 spots to P3, one in each deltävling, for P3 to select among young emerging artists and edge genres. In my opinion, a lot more exciting than the usual fillers like Arvingarna or Rolandz.

So what do you suggest instead? An online vote by fans to select a song? Wouldn't a change be just like starting all over again from scratch and jeopardising a system that works fairly well?

edit:
Another aspect is the anti-vote against Loreen 2017, a career-ending which I believe have a huge impact on the will from established artists to participate.

Jacketh

I think Felix will return with a bop this time and probably win it.

...another young male for Sweden though would be a choice :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Well, I don't know, we have had only glimpses of info coming out of the process of song selection. I think there is a huge influence from the big record companies - say Warner Sweden, probably a couple of more or less free guaranteed spots to each of them. A tradition I think goes way back to the glorious times of Skara-Bert and Stikkan Anderson. Some may think this is unfair and outrageously wrong, but personally, I'm fine with it. It has worked extremely well for us and for me the song selection isn't the issue. My issue is the sloppy management and tampering with the Melodifestivalen program format in recent years, for example, the script, the app and the somewhat obvious viewer profiling. 2018 was a true low point. I want it to remain a family show and a platform for emerging artists. I do NOT want it to be a talent show. So, sure, coming from nowhere it's probably extremely difficult to get a spot in the program regardless of song. You need to be signed to a record company and work yourself through to one of their spots, or at least somehow make a name for yourself. One suggestion I like is to give 4 spots to P3, one in each deltävling, for P3 to select among young emerging artists and edge genres. In my opinion, a lot more exciting than the usual fillers like Arvingarna or Rolandz.

So what do you suggest instead? An online vote by fans to select a song? Wouldn't a change be just like starting all over again from scratch and jeopardising a system that works fairly well?

edit:
Another aspect is the anti-vote against Loreen 2017, a career-ending which I believe have a huge impact on the will from established artists to participate.

I hear you, I understand that labels are involved, that's not really my issue, however many of these songwriters are almost like "in-house MF songwriters", sure some of them have some sort of career outside of the MF bubble, but many of them are simply sustaining there careers with MF and MF-related acts that have little life outside of its bubble. This is an issue I stressed plenty of times and even when SVT try to add "diversity", it just doesn't seem very sincere tbh and often forced. Like I always said, why are the acts put there in Swedish almost always joke entries or chanceless stuff? Why are the other "genres" often badly picked to make the "in-house" songwriters' stuff look better in comparison so we always end up choosing the same "styles" and songs by the same people? Coincidence?

I am not sure what recipe can be used, but no one will make me believe that there aren't certain "friendships" that are used to get entries into the contest. Now if Sweden was a small music market and there would be only some 100 entries submitted, fine I could understand, but we are no Malta and we have lots of submitted entries each year, alot of talented (both established and up-and-coming) songwriters/producers here and a music scene that is far more diverse and interesting than MF makes it look like.

I think the producers should take a look at people involved in different genres, it could be up-and-coming names but also who are "hot" currently in Pop, Rock, R&B, Folk, Dance etc. and simply send out invitations, but also give full artistic freedoms. Also directly reach out to some artists, and in the same way give them full artistic freedoms to choose their own people to work with, no compromises for MF (except for of course following the rules of song length, no covers/sampling and no political or other messages breaking the rules).

You think there was an anti-Loreen vote? I think the song was simply too complex for the average MF viewer tbh...

Top Bottom