6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

JohnyKaz

@ Boris

All of them were forgotten 1-2 Days Later while Frans remained relevant substainable, so in my Eyes he should be the Jurywinner.

Hm I don't think Russia or Ukraine were forgotten. Not in 1-2 days at least. Frans shouldn't have won the jury vote but he should have come top 10. Australia was a deserved winner.

Preuss

I just swore in Dutch at that sentence. What kind of sheeple logic is that? "Juries have to reward what people outside of ESC like" um fucking NO, that creates jurybait entries that drain Eurovision of its beautiful schlager soul.

If the juries had done their job correctly, Frans would've been dead last in the jury vote. Easily one of the worst songs ever written. An utterly lazy composition which borrows more than half of the notes from Catch & Release, embellishes their painful lack of originality and genuine soul with a smug, hautain,, WOEFUL fake-mockney accent and non-act. It genuinely OFFENDS me people like "If I were sorry". It's an abomination that should be nuked from orbit.

I will not have anyone spew around this revisionist bs that Frans had any merit. Just because a song sounds like something that *could* perhaps be popular in the charts by itself doesn't automatically make it good. In fact, it's usually the prime indication that it isn't.

Now carry on with the discussion, children~

How is it objective though that Frans should be dead last with the juries? I mean it’s perhaps my least favourite entry from Sweden this decade and I was never really into it but I’m curious why you think it should’ve been dead last
If you can elaborate a bit more of what you wrote

Realest

Its just pure subjective Hate.
Objective speaking he left the biggest Impact sustainably of all 2016 Songs.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yes, I hate him (or rather: I hate his song and the way he 'sings'. Not him as a person lol). I've elaborated on my dislike for "If I were sorry" well enough in this thread so I don't know what else I could add really? I think it's an utterly worthless song that borrows heavily a better (but still pretty whatever) song, tells a pointless story ("These are all the things I'd do if I were sorry but I'm not sorry :smug:" then why mention them you blowhard twat???) and that accent is an affront to the face of mankind. :-)

Also, objectively rating music is impossible and any attempts to do so are stupid. It would come down to some soulless number-crunching, when the rating of something subjective such as personal enjoyment is always better off when done intuitively. Besides, if you give all different parametres, such as song, vocals, staging, etc a number out of five, you're still being subjective because what constitutes as a five for you might be a two for me, or vice versa.

ALSO ALSO, the 'objectively best' is always the winner. Always. The proof? It's in the results. They beat the others, hence they're the best. Period. You have the right to disagree, which is subjective , yes and perfectly valid. Subjectivity is your own free will and opinions making grounds here and that's positive.

ALSO ALSO ALSO, sustainability and chart viability are terrible quality gages in my opinion, and here's why

First of all, Eurovision does NOT equal the charts, it's a live performance contest. It's not the same environment, and you cannot treat it like one. Besides, most of these songs aren't ultratop material anyway, let's face it. (even the ones that SOUND like they could, such as "Chameleon" and "Truth")
Secondly, a chartable, radio-friendly song is actually LESS special and interesting by default than a chartable one (unless it's a universal smash hit, like "Euphoria", "Arcade" or "City lights"). I could turn my radio on and flip through the stations and I'd hear three She Got Mes or Tonight Agains in the span of 15 minutes, and they would all pass me by without notice, because you know, most songs sound like that nowadays. They're chartable because they are pedestrian and inoffensive, not the other way around.
Thirdly, many of the chartable songs are terrible? Do you like every song that gets radio airplay? And if you do, do you like them because you like them or because you think you are expected to like them?
Fourthly, the music industry decides which songs are released as singles (the ones which aren't written by the singers themselves usually bounce around as demos until an artist is willing to take it on), as do the radio DJ's themselves, meaning that if you blindly follow the charts, your taste is basically dictated by other people's taste, which cancels your free will.

And I pretty much oppose all of that because I want to exercise my right of free will when making my ranking decisions and I think the juries should be given the same unrestrictive liberties. Subjectivity > Objectivity when rating enjoyment. No exceptions.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
VYpl4dk.gif

After the wild Arja comeback this year, who truly knows anymore xheat

Realest

New Single of next Years Representer?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
no it isn't. Pick him if (once, lbr) he enters with a good song, thank you :)

FilipFromSweden

Sanna Nielsen again

Kaz

TBH I want Loreen to come back to slay my entire existence with something like Statements. But I guess Sweden already made it fairly clear in 2017 that her days are over.

Fluke

She probably never even considered it, but i'd love to see Aida Jabbari....

LastDreamer

Banned
My favourite MF songs from last 5 years.

Jessica Andersson - Can't Hurt Me Now
Annika Herlitz - Ett Andetag
Pernilla Andersson - Mitt Guld
Krista Siegfrids - Snurra Min Jord
Emmi Christensson - Icarus
Anna Bergendahl - Ashes To Ashes
Lina Hedlund - Victorious

Mainshow

Veteran
We indeed have a very different taste :D

My favourites would be:

Mariette - Don't Stop Believing
Ellen Benediktson - Insomnia
Jon Henrik Fjällgren - En värld full av strider (Eatneme gusnie jeenh dåaroeh) (feat. Aninia)
Robin Bengtsson - Constellation Prize
Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On
Loreen - Statements
Magaret - In My Cabana
John Lundvik - Too Late For Love

0scar

Dinah Nah's 'Make me La La La' was amazing, but I didn't really quite like 'One More Night'.
Still praying for a Wiktoria victory

Alice Svensson's 'Running with Lions' was GREAT too, she was robbed :(

Mrm

Veteran
Yes, ALICE go to Rotterdam!! xyes

theditz83

Veteran
Dinah Nah's 'Make me La La La' was amazing, but I didn't really quite like 'One More Night'.
Still praying for a Wiktoria victory

Alice Svensson's 'Running with Lions' was GREAT too, she was robbed :(

Agreed that One More Night is a weaker track. Her singles "Taste Your Love" and the new one "Equivocal" are both far superior - she is a sassy dance diva who would stand out for Sweden ;)

A-lister

Veteran
I see the Swedish thread is business as usual :lol:

- Some (the same) people still complaining about the jury bias, which does exist (I am not denying), but then blatantly ignore that we in most occasions also end up top. 10 with the televoters (like we did last year for instance) and then also ignore (put the blind eye to) the cases of extreme jury / televote discrepancies as we saw for instance last year where the jury #1 didn't even end up top. 10 with televoters and vice versa when the juries slaughtered the televoters #1 xshrug

- People think that the acts in MF are somehow a general good representative of the Swedish music scene (they aren't) and thus wishing that we continue the same vicious path every year... which makes us come full circle to the category 1 of people complaining that we repeat ourselves and somehow only juries love us (again ignoring the televoters)...

This edition will be so much fun when SVT again will reveal their cliché choices, that they don't have any will to do any changes to MF and we will again choose something "typical" (mostly due to lack of good choices and not because we love doing that as some might think)

xyes

Loindici

Veteran
Is it typical for Melodifestivalen to have quite a lot of returning artists, songwriters and music producers? I'm only counting from 2019, in which 16/28 acts have taken part for at least once.

Top Bottom