7 3.7%

6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

Pawhlen

Well actually Frans was 9th with the juries. But I get that it was a completely different song from what we're used to from Sweden. If he was actually representing any other country other than Australia or Malta I believe he would have definitely ended outside of the top 15.

Eric Saade was also 7th but that was before the golden age of Sweden started so it doesn't really count.

No he wouldn´t, the reason why we have success with the juries is because we have a simular build-up jury in our final and MF is like a mini-ESC in it self so the quality control is almost done already there. That is the truth but all these "Sweden-haters" don´t want to accept that because they have their head high penetrated in their xbutt

Alaska49

clearly if someone in this thread has their head up their ass it is not me, someone who definitely doesn't resort to personal insults because of a harmless and frankly not even insulting post! sweden does well at juries. post-anna they have been top 10 every time and missed top 5 only twice and were top 3 five times. be ir merit of their selection or outright special treatment, which is not a conclusion i can make as a fact, it doesn't change that they don't need to worry about it.

at least the hypocritical signature about treating others well is gone lol.

JohnyKaz

No he wouldn´t, the reason why we have success with the juries is because we have a simular build-up jury in our final and MF is like a mini-ESC in it self so the quality control is almost done already there. That is the truth but all these "Sweden-haters" don´t want to accept that because they have their head high penetrated in their xbutt

I think nobody doubts that Melodifestivalen is the best national final. So many good songs and artists. But don't you are a bit overrated sometimes? Take this year for example. John Ludvik came 2nd with the juries which means that there were 24 songs below him. Don't get me wrong he is a great singer and his stage presence was nice but objectively speaking do you really think it was better than the Netherlands? Italy? Switzerland? Russia?

And about Frans do you really think that if Lithuania or Montenegro sent this song they would have come 9th?

BorisBubbles

Veteran

You are deluded, mate.

Realest

If the Juries did their Job correctly, Frans would have won the Juryvote. His Song was the only relevant one in this Year. Even Years later.
2016 was a horrible Year for professional Jurors.

Btw. yes, Frans would get around the same Jurypoints, since Sweden doesnt have more Votingpower than LIthuania and Montenegro.

Citelis

Actually in 2016 the juries did well and they placed Australia first. Televoting did the crime that year and we got Ukraine winning. And yes Sweden deserved better in 2016.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
If the Juries did their Job correctly, Frans would have won the Juryvote.

I just swore in Dutch at that sentence. What kind of sheeple logic is that? "Juries have to reward what people outside of ESC like" um fucking NO, that creates jurybait entries that drain Eurovision of its beautiful schlager soul.

If the juries had done their job correctly, Frans would've been dead last in the jury vote. Easily one of the worst songs ever written. An utterly lazy composition which borrows more than half of the notes from Catch & Release, embellishes their painful lack of originality and genuine soul with a smug, hautain,, WOEFUL fake-mockney accent and non-act. It genuinely OFFENDS me people like "If I were sorry". It's an abomination that should be nuked from orbit.

I will not have anyone spew around this revisionist bs that Frans had any merit. Just because a song sounds like something that *could* perhaps be popular in the charts by itself doesn't automatically make it good. In fact, it's usually the prime indication that it isn't.

Now carry on with the discussion, children~

Alaska49

If the Juries did their Job correctly, Frans would have won the Juryvote. His Song was the only relevant one in this Year. Even Years later.
2016 was a horrible Year for professional Jurors.

Btw. yes, Frans would get around the same Jurypoints, since Sweden doesnt have more Votingpower than LIthuania and Montenegro.
for the first point: juries are not supposed to be, like, the charts. if that was the case then they have suuuuuuuucked at their jobs every single year. charts are defined by young people, which are only a fraction of the eurovision viewership, anyway. they are not representative of the televote, and juries should not cater to them at all. (ps: and if they did, sweden would do much worse - their only chart-ready entries this decade were loreen, frans and benjamin. sweden is very good at the jury game BECAUSE juries are not the charts).

i get that you are a very young person and therefore your perspective on this ends up being different, but consider this point of view from this 28 year old dinosaur.

as for the second point:

original.gif

Realest

I just swore in Dutch at that sentence. What kind of sheeple logic is that? "Juries have to reward what people outside of ESC like" um fucking NO, that creates jurybait entries that drain Eurovision of its beautiful schlager soul.

If the juries had done their job correctly, Frans would've been dead last in the jury vote. Easily one of the worst songs ever written. An utterly lazy composition which borrows more than half of the notes from Catch & Release, embellishes their painful lack of originality and genuine soul with a smug, hautain,, WOEFUL fake-mockney accent and non-act. It genuinely OFFENDS me people like "If I were sorry". It's an abomination that should be nuked from orbit.

I will not have anyone spew around this revisionist bs that Frans had any merit. Just because a song sounds like something that *could* perhaps be popular in the charts by itself doesn't automatically make it good. In fact, it's usually the prime indication that it isn't.

Now carry on with the discussion, children~

Your Opinion.
Eurovision doesnt bring many Hits nowadays, but if there is a Song with such a huge Potential, it must be rewarded. Since 2016 didnt have any original Song or a Song with an important Message, I dont see any Justification for any other Song to be higher.

Citelis

Your Opinion.
Eurovision doesnt bring many Hits nowadays, but if there is a Song with such a huge Potential, it must be rewarded. Since 2016 didnt have any original Song or a Song with an important Message, I dont see any Justification for any other Song to be higher.

Why every song with an important message must be rewarded?

Realest

Why every song with an important message must be rewarded?

Didnt say this. But, f.e. Conchitas Victory over the Common Linnets was totally ok, despite the fact that the latter became a bigger Hit.

E: Btw. forgot about Jamala, she was rightfully high with the Juries. The only Song where I see the Justification of beating Frans.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Since 2016 didnt have any original Song

or a Song with an important Message

I dont see any Justification for any other Song to be higher.

No justification? Really? I see plenty of cases:

Made of Stars, which was a genuinely touching emotional rollercoaster
No Degree of Separation which a beautiful coming of age ballad with an A+ language switch, sung with genuine heart and palpable vulnerability
What's the Pressure and If Love Was A Crime which were two genuine explosions of mirth and gaiety, could cheer up even the sourest stooges on ther bad day
You are the only one which... I don't like, at all, but still provided a visually impressive show that was very entertaining to many.

All of these songs are great at being songs, providing both entertainment AND an emotional connection with their audience, which is why they did well in the jury vote. If I were sorry's advantage over these songs? It sort of sounds like another song that was mildly popular at the time. That's it, really! It's emotionally sterile, coasting mostly on a familiar sound and a young singer.

This might just be ~my opinion~ but deliberately choosing to close your eyes to what other people genuinely like makes for a very flawed analist.

Citelis

E: Btw. forgot about Jamala, she was rightfully high with the Juries. The only Song where I see the Justification of beating Frans.

Juries shouldn't reward that much a song like Ukraine's. They shouldn't allowed them to win that year.

Preuss

Imagine the outrage in the fandom if Sweden won the jury-vote with «Proud» lol, but since it’s North Macedonia the buzz around it winning the jury vote is a hundred times less than what it would’ve been if it was Sweden
I’d like Sweden to send something else and daring like for example «Statements» was by far my numero one in 2017 and would’ve probably been my overall winner if Sweden sent it, which is a pity

Realest

@ Boris

All of them were forgotten 1-2 Days Later while Frans remained relevant substainable, so in my Eyes he should be the Jurywinner.

Preuss

Juries shouldn't reward that much a song like Ukraine's. They shouldn't allowed them to win that year.

Ukraine actually got more 12s than Australia if I remember right, but lost the jury-vote in a landslide in the end because Australia did consistently well with all the juries which is really the reason why Sweden’s doing well with the juries in the end
Yes I might have a positive bias towards Sweden but I just can’t see 200+ jurymembers every year vote for Sweden because it’s Sweden lol. I can guarantee that basically everyone here would’ve reacted and nullified the concerned away if someone outright told them that their ranking of the songs are wrong

Don’t hate the player, hate the game
or whatever

Citelis

Ukraine actually got more 12s than Australia if I remember right, but lost the jury-vote in a landslide in the end because Australia did consistently well with all the juries which is really the reason why Sweden’s doing well with the juries in the end
Yes I might have a positive bias towards Sweden but I just can’t see 200+ jurymembers every year vote for Sweden because it’s Sweden lol. I can guarantee that basically everyone here would’ve reacted and nullified the concerned away if someone outright told them that their ranking of the songs are wrong

Don’t hate the player, hate the game
or whatever

Yeah i remember that but i strongly believe that Australia should have won in 2016 and them main responsible for not winning is televoting.
The main reason that Sweden does well every year with juries is because they have good songs. Melodifestivalen produces many great songs every year.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
@ Boris

All of them were forgotten 1-2 Days Later while Frans remained relevant substainable, so in my Eyes he should be the Jurywinner.

Fairenoughski. Let's bury that then.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
they definitely should make this their #1 priority. they will get jury top 5 with anything they send regardless of what it is, so they don't need to worry about it at all.

ALCAZAR REUNION sorry, sometimes words just flow from my fingers.

Loindici

Veteran
Your Opinion.
Eurovision doesnt bring many Hits nowadays, but if there is a Song with such a huge Potential, it must be rewarded.

Hits are now catered to young people's taste, which is... not the best ones to see. And for hits to be sold well, it has to be marketed strongly worldwide, which can be strongly done in the old reliable America. Yeah, the irony.

Looking at the charts, I can see Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, that Old Town Road song, Jonas Brothers, Me!, Billie Eilish, Normani, etc... which most of the songs aren't really best, song-wise. Some of them are there because of strong marketing. There's not really any urgency for Eurovision to search for worldwide hits, because that would mean much of them would follow these tastes, which, for me, isn't a good direction for Eurovision to take, since it'll be pushing aside the musical taste of 40 and up which doesn't really take this in their palate. This is my opinion, though, and it can be different with yours.

Top Bottom