13 6.0%

12 5.5%

7 3.2%

1 0.5%

28 12.9%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Well, every esc fan loves loreen. Mans on the other side has a lot of haters as well as fans.

Mans could only be a host if Sweden wins again, but he already hosted it. Doesn't Swedish svt and audience have anyone else who could do that job. It doesn't have to be petra mede & mans every single time. Sweden is not San Marino that doesn't have big number of entertainers. What about Sarah Dawn Finner? She is so hilarious and everyone loves her. He has look? The question is what kind of look. He has charisma though, too bad he is a homophobe.

I couldn't care for him musically, but he is an ok host I must admit and he is good looking and has charisma no doubt. The homophobe thing is over-played-out by now, it was a misphrasing and purpose misunderstanding, he has since then explained and apologized and I doubt he is one so it's just a tired discussion.

Petra Mede is like my favorite Swedish comedian and hostess, I wouldn't mind her again if we'd ever win... Sarah is also good... anyways we didn't win so this discussion is kind of pointless at the moment.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I couldn't care for him musically, but he is an ok host I must admit and he is good looking and has charisma no doubt. The homophobe thing is over-played-out by now, it was a misphrasing and purpose misunderstanding, he has since then explained and apologized and I doubt he is one so it's just a tired discussion.

Petra Mede is like my favorite Swedish comedian and hostess, I wouldn't mind her again if we'd ever win... Sarah is also good... anyways we didn't win so this discussion is kind of pointless at the moment.

It wasn't misunderstanding. He really meant every single word he said. He apologised because he had to, not because he wanted to. Its because it would be really bad for his career if he hadn't apologize, esp going to lgbt friendly esc and representing one of the most tolerant countries like Sweden. I think he is still a homophobe. Why would he block me on insta if the truth doesn't hurt him..

A-lister

Veteran
It wasn't misunderstanding. He really meant every single word he said. He apologised because he had to, not because he wanted to. Its because it would be really bad for his career if he hadn't apologize, esp going to lgbt friendly esc and representing one of the most tolerant countries like Sweden. I think he is still a homophobe. Why would he block me on insta if the truth doesn't hurt him..

Honestly, as a gay person myself, I don't care...

I don't know, maybe you trolled him there? I mean I saw your previous responses in this thread as well :lol:

Anyways, I don't care for Måns tbh, and it's kind of an irrelevant discussion for this thread... but if people wanna discuss him then by all means please do...

MalagaToledo

Banned
I wish I don't care for him as well, but he comes to esc every year in one way or another and it's hard to skip it.

I didn't say anything that wasn't true. I said that he is half winner and only because of jurry he got his 4 mins of fame. That he is failed tennis player, but all he got of tennis is watching other tennis players play their matches. That he is the last person in the world to give moral lessons considering he cheated his ex gf and that he sent naked pics to a girl in exchange for hers while in relationship with ciara. Ciara also blocked me because I said she is wannabe actress, but nobody in UK knows abt her except her family.. That she wanted to date celebrity, because she herself isn't the one..

Nothing, but truth! On topic, John's song is for nejust bland version of cesar's song from last year.

A-lister

Veteran
I wish I don't care for him as well, but he comes to esc every year in one way or another and it's hard to skip it.

I didn't say anything that wasn't true. I said that he is half winner and only because of jurry he got his 4 mins of fame. That he is failed tennis player, but all he got of tennis is watching other tennis players play their matches. That he is the last person in the world to give moral lessons considering he cheated his ex gf and that he sent naked pics to a girl in exchange for hers while in relationship with ciara. Ciara also blocked me because I said she is wannabe actress, but nobody in UK knows abt her except her family.. That she wanted to date celebrity, because she herself isn't the one..

Nothing, but truth! On topic, John's song is for nejust bland version of cesar's song from last year.

I completely understand why he blocked you then and for someone who "doesn't care" you seem to care alot :lol:

What's your obsession with trashing Sweden's entrants anyways? xshrug

Pawhlen

You have never thought for a second that your own behaviour might have something to do with the fact that he blocked you? Just wondering

MalagaToledo

Banned
I don't trash anyone. Last few years sweden sends songs that are not my personal taste and public seems to agree with me because last years they downgrade jurry points for Sweden.

Last 10 years I only liked songs of loreen, sanna and Eric sadee.

BTW, I also kinda understand why mans blocked me. Who knows how I would feel, probably I would be offended by the truth as well. #Snowflakes lol

Miloutchi

Oh god, this guy is causing drama with his overly obsessive behaviour here too? How entertaining...

Pawhlen

I don't trash anyone. Last few years sweden sends songs that are not my personal taste and public seems to agree with me because last years they downgrade jurry points for Sweden.

Last 10 years I only liked songs of loreen, sanna and Eric sadee.

BTW, I also kinda understand why mans blocked me. Who knows how I would feel, probably I would be offended by the truth as well. #Snowflakes lol

If you behaved like you do in here when you wrote to Måns, I understand why he blocked you, if you want someone to listen to you, behave like a grown-up person and it´s more likely you will be answered

MalagaToledo

Banned
If you behaved like you do in here when you wrote to Måns, I understand why he blocked you, if you want someone to listen to you, behave like a grown-up person and it´s more likely you will be answered

Actually, my opinion about him won't be changed because I don't trust that man anything anymore. We even saw his hypocrite side. So him saying I'm not homophobe anymore, I changed, I support their rights won't change anything.

I'm glad he reads my posts and reacts just the way I expected because the truth is powerful tool.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I find it interesting that esc finished and they changed results after esc. Nevertheless, congrats to John for 5th place. He lost jurry after all, but finished one position ahead. I'm sad for Tamara because she will never get that moment when there is only her and Duncan on the screen. I wonder who will be jurry winner for 2020. I have strange feeling that it might be S..... :mrgreen:

Alaska49

i usually get pissed when people come up with the "måns is a homophobe" thing because it's so far from the truth and a scandal almost entirely fabricated from an out of context scene of a show that 99% of people have never even watched or been able to find the video of and have only read about, completely ignoring måns's every action and attitude before and after said show, not to mention it happened a whole ass year before he won melfest and people transparently unearthed it in a pathetic attempt to bring him down from his obvious and inevitable eurovision victory as if that could stop it even if it was true because heroes was a fucking banger (disclaimer: il volo still outsold and should have won lol)...

... but considering the person it's coming from this time? it's a badge of honour lmao. i don't know what måns and luca hänni have in common that turns this poor gay's mind into a small pretzel (they don't even do any sort of queerbaiting?), but it's endlessly ridiculous and amusing.

wtf

The Mans homophobia nonsense should stop by now, he's apologised and been supportive for years now and this is all that matters. We've all said dumb stuff in the past and we should be happy about anyone's progress towards the positive. The cancelling culture can be pathetic sometimes.

Meanwhile, congrats Sweden for yet another top 5 result xcheer

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Do any of Swedish posters here take a step back and read this shit and not think they come off as a wee bit paranoid and hyperdefensive here? Y'all are making the Austrians look sane. (The Austrians.)

Preuss

Ultimately I feel like this continues the trend of Swedish entries not being as good as in Melfest, but not as much as how I felt with Robin and Benjamin. I always said that the Mamas and John's charisma were Sweden's biggest secret weapon this year but it got perhaps a bit lost in the grand final performance and therefore lost a bit of the magic I did feel in Melfest. John had to focus more on his singing which obviously did affect him in the end - don't get me wrong he was still smiling and charismatic in the end but I think perhaps not as much as I personally wanted him to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdWkdVKIqQ

1:55 - I'd like the Mamas' reveal to be more epic - like when they switch shot it's all black behind John and then we see the lights coming and the Mamas instead of how it was there
2:07 - Why did the cut Ashley's moment? that was one of the best moments of the performance imo
2:19 - The moment I remember from Melfest was John smiling and raising his eyebrows very confidently but here it lost the magic for me a bit. He does raise his eyebrow but it doesn't catch the moment like in Melfest
2:49 - I'd much more prefer the shot they used in Melfest coming from the side because it felt pacier and a moment for me was watching Ashley's handmovements as the camera went past her

So these were definitely some moments I felt they lost in Tel Aviv but regardless John was one of the acts I enjoyed the most during the evening :D
Personally I'd like them higher than 5th place but I think 5th is very good

MalagaToledo

Banned
i usually get pissed when people come up with the "måns is a homophobe" thing because it's so far from the truth and a scandal almost entirely fabricated from an out of context scene of a show that 99% of people have never even watched or been able to find the video of and have only read about, completely ignoring måns's every action and attitude before and after said show, not to mention it happened a whole ass year before he won melfest and people transparently unearthed it in a pathetic attempt to bring him down from his obvious and inevitable eurovision victory as if that could stop it even if it was true because heroes was a fucking banger (disclaimer: il volo still outsold and should have won lol)...

... but considering the person it's coming from this time? it's a badge of honour lmao. i don't know what måns and luca hänni have in common that turns this poor gay's mind into a small pretzel (they don't even do any sort of queerbaiting?), but it's endlessly ridiculous and amusing.
I was cautious replying to u because I don't agree with most posts with u. "my mind turned into a small pretzel"? Well, thank u, how nice and respectful from u. I forgive u, if that was said by someone who is important in my life, I might be offended, but since it comes from anonymous user, it feels like an honour. BTW, u don't know anything abt my sexuality.

The only thing I agree with u is that il bolo should have won and u putting it in small font doesn't make any difference. But they actually won hearts of ppl in whole Europe and that is most important. Also gagarina was worthy winner and even Estonia. They didn't need led backgrounds, fireworks or jurry. They had great melody, vocals and song.

What did mans do before and after esc for lgbt ppl? Him getting drunk and giving his honest views and opinions is the only truth. And it's especially weird since he lives in Liberal Sweden. I kinda understand aramp3 views. He grew up in patriarchal Armenia, but mans, no.. This is one of his most disliked videos where he speaks his views abt homosexuality. He also just posted on insta that this is just beginning, he wants to come back again. In the meantime he hopes he will e invited every year for any role over and over again till he finds right song to compete again. Im not sure would televote jurry differences make him any favour though. It seems like he wants to upset more ppl. He also said on insta and admitted that he led destructive lifestyle. So my question is who is he to give moral lessons abt homosexuality.

https://youtu.be/YcHdSJtCWKQ

FilipFromSweden

The fact that Måns really does not want to let go of the Eurovision world and keeps appearing here and there is just a fact that he loves Eurovision and the fans incredibly much: a show and a fan following with a strong connection to LGBTQ+

Top Bottom