Want to return:
Owe Thörnqvist as songwriter
David Lindgren with a musical-style song in Swedish
Nano already seems set on returning
Jon Henrik Fjällgren too.
Molly Pettersson Hammar
Benjamin Inkasso
Axel Schylström
Oscar Zia - all no-brainers, just make sure they actually have good ESC-worthy songs!
SaRaha with a more "serious" song, Etzia as well.
JEM seems to have disbanded, but what are the individual members doing?
Outtrigger, EKO, Kristin Amparo - spectacular one-timers, where did they go?
YOHIO - come on, he can do it!
Rickard Söderberg - you know he wants to, just get a good song this time!
Molly Sanden
Andreas Weise
Janet Leon
Annika Herlitz - all should be obvious, WITH REALLY GOOD SONGS!

Do not want:
ISA, Dinah Nah, Lisa Ajax, Wictoria.... unless they form a girl band, The Mello-Brats.... let's not give them any ideas!
Ace Wilder - it's just enough for a while now, she's really not going to do any better.
Boris Rene, same there.
Mariette, unless she REALLY changes her image entirely and stops trying to be Loreen-light.... she's got potential but no direction as an artist, maybe in a few years....

JChan

Re: SWEDEN 2018

Oh boy... I do hope that Alice (running with lions) comes back! I absolutely adored her, and her song, and was gutted when she was eliminated!!

0scar

Alice Svensson, Molly PH, Wiktoria, ISA. Running with Lions, I'll be Fine, Save Me/As I Lay me Down and I Will Wait were all favourites of mine. I'll be Fine should have qualified, just as Running with Lions, and Save Me and As I Lay me Down both shouldn't have been that downed by the juries (the public loved them, poor Wiktoria).

Also, Dolly Syle and Samir & Viktor for the fun they brought in their entries. Boris René, because I liked both his entries.

randajad

Veteran

I would really like to see Icona Pop, I know it is kinda impossible, but man can dream. xheat From the previous lineups I'd be glad to see Wiktoria, Samir and Viktor, Mariette, Oscar Zia, and even Erik Saade and Ace Wilder. And of course Marie Serneholt with super über glitter over the top sparkle glam schlager.

I think it's time to send an entry entirely in Swedish. Sweden is one of these countries that can do really well in its native language with the right song. Sweden is riding on its winning-formula right now and they can do it! A song like this one below would be safe for atleast top 10.

Brandt

Now it's Sweden's turn to withdraw

LoveHate

I think it's time to send an entry entirely in Swedish.

Ja tack! But I'll believe it when I see it. My impression is that most songs in Swedish at MF are joke entries by Sean Banan, Samir & Viktor or random old guys. Then you have the international juries as another obstacle.

I'm going to guess Wiktoria represents Sweden next year, or is that too obvious?

randajad

Veteran

I am so happy no one mentioned Danny Saucedo. He is such a pain un the ass.

Also, please Sweden, no more Swedish. It is so annoying to hear it year after year. xheat

Pawhlen

I highly doubt you ever will hear us singing in Swedish in ESC again if they don´t change back the language rule (if a song in Swedish should go and win our final in the future, it will probably be sung in English in ESC)

Pawhlen

I hope our national final can continue on the high quality route once again next year (this year did have many ok songs but not any WOW ones)

Pawhlen

And I guess the structure of MF will stay the same, at least in the Final aca we will still have 50% IJ and 50% televoting/app voting.

There is one thing SVT should rethink a bit on though with the app voting, instead of having a system where you can give up to 5 free votes to every song, you should instead be given 10-15 free votes (hearts) that you are free to place were ever you want (you can divide them on many songs or give all the votes to one song), and when those have been used up, you have to send sms or call if you want to vote more. this might reduce the chances of a very low amount of televote points being given to the songs that get´s most votes by the viewers in the final.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

I really hope next year to see no beating hearts during songs. The app vote is a travesty.

Fluke

Or they could just go back to the earlier system with a fixed number of points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place etc. instead of the proportional system that they have now.

Schlagerman1

Is it just me, or isn't Melodifestivalen getting extremly uninspiring and plain? It is too many songs that are similar to each other doing well, and even if it works in ESC for now, I feel that we aren't exploring us enough. This year had a good line-up artistwise, but it is sad to see so many let downs when it comes to the songs. I can almost feel I can skip the whole MF, but of course I will watch it when time comes...but something needs to be done, either formatwise or better quality and genres when it comes to songs.

Pawhlen

Or they could just go back to the earlier system with a fixed number of points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place etc. instead of the proportional system that they have now.

The percent system is good as it is, if something should be changed, it´s the app voting like I wrote above, give every people 5-10 hearts which we can place werever we want and after those are used, you need to use the phone or SMS as usual (This should reduce the chance of "anti-voting" against a song). Two of the many reasons why SVT introduced the app was:

1. The total amount of televotes in the semis and final became lower and lower for each year.

2. They wanted to reach out to a new kind of audience

Schlagerman: I guess it depends on taste, I didn´t thought 2016 was a good year in song quality, still I see people thinking it was one of the best. In the end, it all comes down to each individual music taste.

John1

I am so happy no one mentioned Danny Saucedo. He is such a pain un the ass.

Also, please Sweden, no more Swedish. It is so annoying to hear it year after year. xheat

Since when did :se: take part at the ESC with an entry being fully performed in Swedish? This is so disappointing to hear on many threads that people still don't want any participants/singers to compete with this language.
They had the fantastic opportunity to pick out the marvellous Aninia/Jon Henrik's piece of art, but they didn't see it as an asset. Why are people so afraid of selecting a song, which is partially/thoroughly sung in their native/national language.

I mean, :fr:, :pt: and :it: are the only ones, who are always making some efforts in regards the language of their entries. To me, it doesn't matter whether they're performing either in English or in Latin, the emotions remain the same.

Top Bottom