Sweden.png

Impressive

Banned
Re: SWEDEN 2014

I am cheering for Linda Bengtzing xpray
BTW, I'm gonna watch Melodifestivalen in 2014 :mrgreen:

Fluke

I'd like to see Janet Leon or Rongedal have another try at it :)

Or other than that, an entry in SWEDISH for once, maybe a bi-lingual entry with some words in English, or vice versa, i don't get why there's almost never been any such in the MF :rolleyes:

DanielLuis

I would like something folkish from Sweden in 2014, maybe Timoteij with a good song, and in Swedish indeed. They should have tried it this year, as it was less risky because of the automatic qualification to the final.
But I would also love Amanda Jenssen, Petra Marklund, Robyn, or my wet dream, Lykke Li!! :lol:

Vittra

Definitely hoping for some folk/etno in Swedish next year. IOTAP
Me too. I was hoping for an entry in Swedish this year and was sorely disappointed by the crappy Swedish-language entries and that they were so few. I think 2014 will be the same...

CPV4931

I hope for another participation of Timoteij in MF next year

A-lister

Veteran

I see alot of people want Swedish and even something folky, well this is SVT we're talking about, so you guys can continue dream unfortunately. SVT hates everything Swedish with a passion, it should either get ridiculed (as we see in MF with all the joke entries reserved to the Swedish language) or simply ignored.

My main wish is a whole new team for MF, what we have now is quantity over quality when it should be the other way round. I'd rather have 2 semis (10 entries in each - 5 qualifiers) - no second round and a final consisting of the 10 qualifiers from the 2 semis with good stuff than what we have now.

The music has to be more connected to the actual Swedish music scene, and not this pseudo-scene created by the MF team.... and yes, there should be an emphasize on "Swedish" (it should be a combo of Swedish language, ethno/visa/schlager tunes and music that is really representative of the Swedish contemporary music scene).

However, knowing SVT, nothing of this will happen and we'll continue with the over-kill MF with alot of crap, political agenda and has-beens acts and "friends nepotism" which will leave us with the same bunch of useless songwriters/composers as every year. Nothing will change...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

BWO, Alcazar, Sarah Dawn Finer, Timoteij, Pay TV, After Dark or Anna Jarvinen (although in her case I don't think she'd bother after this years terribly undeserved result for her charming song).

I'd like to see Mans back as well. He's the only young male singer I can stomach. Theres something different about him in comparison to all the all the other young tween favourites.

I always like seeing Charlotte as well. I don't think she'd want to face the almost certain embarrassment again though as Schlager in melodifestivalen is dead.

A-lister

Veteran

^
No to ALL those names except for Timoteij :lol:

Swedish music is SO MUCH MORE than the MF acts!

LalehForWD

Swedish Folkmusik? Well, I love folkmusik, but in Melodifestivalen? Nae, the right thing for the right place, I'd say. Timotej is not even remotely related to anything Swedish folk, though. :D No, I want more of the real current Swedish music scene to take part, in particular emerging POP artists. We've just seen a trend where participating in Melodifestivalen is more accepted and de-dramatised among established artists. Great proceedings! Melodifestivalen is also an amazing show where all ages, professions and interests can come together and have a really great time. This is by far the most important in my opinion. Melodifestivalen acts also as an important motor for Swedish entertainment business.

However, there is one major thing I want to change:
The selection process of songs - it must be transparent to the public. I understand the difficulties with such change and the business would probably hate it. Still, open up the process is necessary for the credibility of the contest.

A-lister

Veteran

Swedish Folkmusik? Well, I love folkmusik, but in Melodifestivalen? Nae, the right thing for the right place, I'd say. Timotej is not even remotely related to anything Swedish folk, though. :D No, I want more of the real current Swedish music scene to take part, in particular emerging POP artists. We've just seen a trend where participating in Melodifestivalen is more accepted and de-dramatised among established artists. Great proceedings! Melodifestivalen is also an amazing show where all ages, professions and interests can come together and have a really great time. This is by far the most important in my opinion. Melodifestivalen acts also as an important motor for Swedish entertainment business.

However, there is one major thing I want to change:
The selection process of songs - it must be transparent to the public. I understand the difficulties with such change and the business would probably hate it. Still, open up the process is necessary for the credibility of the contest.

If other countries can send ethno-inspired stuff, so can we!!! It's not reserved for our neighbors or south / eastern Europe or the Caucasus ones.... that's just ridiculous that somehow we couldn't do it... of course we CAN! Sofia Karlsson with a nice folk-ballad in Swedish could be great for instance...

I agree about having a more open process though and that the music must represent the Swedish music scene more, but won't happen with this team and the "friends nepotism" going on.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

^
No to ALL those names except for Timoteij :lol:

Swedish music is SO MUCH MORE than the MF acts!

Timoteij eh? So you'd prefer your schlager with a bit of.. folk(?)? To be honest Melodifestivalen music is my ultimate guilty pleasure. I miss all the catchy, extravagant pop songs. Because Sweden have become so influential around the world recently with their dance/pop acts, Melodifestivalen seems to be flooded with these kinds of songs I just can't abide. They are all so cold to me.

A-lister

Veteran

Timoteij eh? So you'd prefer your schlager with a bit of.. folk(?)? To be honest Melodifestivalen music is my ultimate guilty pleasure. I miss all the catchy, extravagant pop songs. Because Sweden have become so influential around the world recently with their dance/pop acts, Melodifestivalen seems to be flooded with these kinds of songs I just can't abide. They are all so cold to me.

Yeah I want some ethno finally for Sweden ;)

But if we're on the subject of schlager, then it has to be Linda Bengtzing and her turbo-schlager finally! xcheer ... I gladly see her back in MF.

LalehForWD

If other countries can send ethno-inspired stuff, so can we!!! It's not reserved for our neighbors or south / eastern Europe or the Caucasus ones.... that's just ridiculous that somehow we couldn't do it... of course we CAN! Sofia Karlsson with a nice folk-ballad in Swedish could be great for instance...

I agree about having a more open process though and that the music must represent the Swedish music scene more, but won't happen with this team and the "friends nepotism" going on.

The problem with this talk about ethno is simply: It doesn't exist! :D So, it has to be constructed somehow and find its supporters. I fear it would be very predictable and stereotyped - boring. BUT, I think there are several metal bands that at least have walked the paths in these ways. This is NOT what you're looking for I think though. :D Jazz fusion combinations are other possibilities.

BTW isn't "ethno" a pure ESC (Eastern Europe/Balkan) thing?

Sofia Karlsson

I'm not familiar with her, but I'm sure it would be marvelous.

A-lister

Veteran

The problem with this talk about ethno is simply: It doesn't exist! :D So, it has to be constructed somehow and find its supporters. I fear it would be very predictable and stereotyped - boring. BUT, I think there are several metal bands that at least have walked the paths in these ways. This is NOT what you're looking for I think though. :D Jazz fusion combinations are other possibilities.

BTW isn't "ethno" a pure ESC (Eastern Europe/Balkan) thing?

I'm not familiar with her, but I'm sure it would be marvelous.

Oh please, Sweden have folk traditions just like any other countries have... as if only the balkan/east area have a history or traditional music??? Stop denying our existence finally... I mean REALLY? Of course ethno-pop is constructed, but so is it in those countries aswell, but it's a good way of keeping traditional music alive and up-to-date, I don't think it's a bad thing.

Sofia Karlsson:

I could see her with a folk-ballad similar to the one we got from Norway in 2006 for instance...

Top Bottom