25 3.0%

16 1.9%

18 2.2%

18 2.2%

16 1.9%

93 11.2%

• Total voters

LalehForWD

I must say Loreen's new single We got the power surprised me a lot. Very different from her previous trance-type tracks. Scandipop gives an excellent review and also speculate that this is the sound of the new album that will be released in autumn. While this direction is not really in my taste, I respect that and will not stop listen to her. :D I just wish she had done more with Heal, there are some excellent songs there.

We got the power is written by American singer and songwriter Ester Dean.
Ester+Dean+DROP+IT.png

The high shout in the beginning of the song is great. :)

LalehForWD

^ Should've been posted in Scandinavian thread for dialect training. :D I could hear some Pitemål relationships there. :)

LalehForWD

Loreen in Eurovision final interval act 2013 (SVT stream)

Loreen - Medley: We got the power/My heart is refusing me/Euphoria

Archer

Not to offend anybody; but I've never liked this song. It was such a mediocre song that did not even deserve to be in top 5, let alone winning even by far. I'm concerned that this contest is losing its diversity; because countries began to send a certain style of music addressing to the euro-pop addict teenagers in order to win.

LalehForWD

Not to offend anybody; but I've never liked this song. It was such a mediocre song that did not even deserve to be in top 5, let alone winning even by far. I'm concerned that this contest is losing its diversity; because countries began to send a certain style of music addressing to the euro-pop addict teenagers in order to win.

But then you are not talking about music or Loreen or Euphoria, you are expressing a general dislike about a specific genre and a dissatisfaction of developments that have nothing todo with Loreen. Pretty much making her a symbol of unspecified Western cultural influences that you reject. In other words, you are putting politics into an artistic expression, right?

Furthermore, this talk about ratings and what a song "deserve" or not is so obvious subjective, pointless and ridiculous. :D As there were some kind of absolute scale where you can compare songs. I know it's extremely common to represent personal taste like that in this forum, but I jump everytime I see it anyway. :lol:

LalehForWD

Loreen at her first(!) interview at Morgonpasset i P3. About time at one level, not so very exciting at another. Anyway, a big annoyance of mine finally resolved. Forward to about 1:38. (Swedish nonsense chat mostly)

LalehForWD

Loreen’s performance at WONK nightclub Malmö, 18.05.2013 - photo Ajda Dzambic (click image to read her excellent Loreen blog)

LalehForWD

Loreen has made a music video for new single We got the power and this time choosed to direct it herself. It's to be released today and the result is just great! The Swedish newspaper Expressen got exclusive preview rights, so while waiting for the official release on YT watch it at Expressen and read the article.

LalehForWD

I have a strong feeling Loreen is heading to be a professional music producer as well as being an artist. Now she also showed ambitions to direct music videos. Exciting developments indeed. :)

LalehForWD

tumblr_mhepglJH181rx6sa7o1_1280.jpg

Speculating about music videos: Loreen was seen with famous film and music video director Jonas Åkerlund. The music video for My heart is refusing me was postponed earlier this year even though the film sequences already have been filmed. No reason was given for this decision, but financial reasons are likely. It could also be due to Jonas Åkerlund. Secrecy around Loreen's plans and doings are as supertight as ever. She is currently heading to Afghanistan(!) in a "reconnaissance" mission.

Picture from the filming of the unreleased video of My heart is refusing me:

LalehForWD

pondering-striatic@flickr-300x225.jpg

More rumours: A new album edition of Heal will be released - Heal 2013 Edition.

PatrickBerger600x300_07.jpg

Curious of this guy Patrik Berger. He stands as producer of We got the power and is what we in Swedish call a "doldis" (= ~ a hider). Here is some discussion about him. He's got an impressive songwriting and music producing history. It's great he's working with Loreen.

LalehForWD

And here it is (just released):

Loreen - We got the Power (2013)

Director - Loreen
DOP - Charli Ljung

Production manager - Fatima Tainton
B-foto/DIT-Robert Andersson
Steadicam - Morgan Gustafsson
Editing/Post Production - Nostromo/Chimney Pot
Electricity/Gaffer - WallinVallin/Daniel Keith
Choreography - Ambra Succi
Make-Up - Anna Kokotos
Dancers - Pauline Bark Eddeborn and Maja Andersson
Studio - Independent Studios

LalehForWD

I'm not expecting We got the power to be a big hit or run the charts in any way, but here is kworb right now:

Also, perhaps the new edition of Heal (Heal 2013 Edition) will make people actually buy the album and not continue with the French pirate leak. Given it will receive proper promotion that is, perhaps a US release?

Terry

What about My Heart Is Refusing Me? Has that charted yet? I thought that was supposed to have been released last year but it never did chart back then, I don't think.

LalehForWD

What about My Heart Is Refusing Me? Has that charted yet? I thought that was supposed to have been released last year but it never did chart back then, I don't think.

My Heart Is Refusing Me was a big hit in Sweden 2011 and Loreen's breakthrough. She performed it in Melodifestivalen 2011 as may know. It is clearly one of her best songs and I prefer the original version from 2011. A new version and a new single was released in December (was it?) internationally. Sadly she somewhat lost momentum on the way since last year, although that may in fact be a good thing in the long run. As for you question in general, it's well known Loreen's management is doing weird things sometimes. Warner Music and Loreen single releases lately have been strange to say the least. All this stuff with releasing and promoting strategies in different countries seems very outdated to me and probably full of company priorities and profile policies. All may not be in favor of Loreen as an artist. She has said she don't want to be involved in these strategies as long as she has freedom in the studio to her things her own way. Gonna respect her for that.

edit:
Very very unfortunate was the leak of her album 2 weeks before release in October 2012. Apparently it was someone at the French CD factory who uploaded the whole thing on the internet in all flavours of formats mp3, flac etc. ie quite deliberate pirating in the harmful way.

Top Bottom