Contact us

Svobodnia ❖ we'll exist until time separates us ❖ Congrats 20 ???

Rmetr0

Hey, guys! I would be so grateful if you could help me decide which song to send to Congrats 19xrose
Just vote with your reactions, as listed below:

182 - Renan Pitanga - Sax (21st)
qsFjuZM.png

186 - FINNEAS - What They'll Say About Us (DNQ)
faroSVK.png

190 - YUKO - Dura (19th)
7uxwEw7.png

Also please feel free to comment if you think any of these deserves a spot as well:

181 - PAX feat. Roxen - Over and Over (6th)
183 - Robin Schulz feat. Alida - In Your Eyes (DNQ)
185 - Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing (DNQ)
187 - Will Jay - Lies (5th)
188 - Mina Blazev - Confusion (27th)
189 - SICKTOY x Misha Miller - Touché (13th)

Thanks in advance!

theditz83

Veteran
Robin Schulz feat. Alida was one of the most robbed DNQs of the past decade - would've loved to have seen it get another chance.

But from the options you've given above, I went for Sax xup

Best of luck ;)

Rmetr0

The thread still exists... kinda :lol:

Ooof what a decade it was! xheat
The unluckiest decade so far for us ::svo, but still some successes have taken place xup
The word, that comes up to my mind when I think of this decade is PERSONAL. I can't really explain why, but it feels like that xshrug

Here's the reminder of what we've entered with in 191-200 editions:

191 - Tima Belorusskih - Fotoplenka (DNQ)
192 - Bastard! - You Lose (8th)
193 - Hana x Alexandra Matrix - Samo Bogato (18th)
194 - Oscar and the Wolf - Princes (15th)
195 - Zivert - Rokki (DNQ)
196 - Marnik & LUNAX - Bye, Bye, Bye (14th)
197 - Hayley Williams - Dead Horse (DNQ)
198 - Rezz ft. Dove Cameron - Taste of You (DNQ)
199 - Luke Black - Walpurgis Night (DNQ)
200 - МЫ - Alive (DNQ)

Right now I'm choosing between these two:

qsFjuZM.png
195 -
Zivert - Rokki
faroSVK.png
196 -
Marnik & LUNAX - Bye, Bye, Bye

And you can vote with the reactions assigned to them, I would REALLY appreciate your opinion! 😉
But before you do, let me tell you something about these two potential Congrats entries.

I would really like to give to Zivert - Rokki another chance. I really feel like she needs to enter a final show, not only semi, like she did in NSC. 11th place in semi felt pretty unlucky 😬 Still, I would like to see, what do you think about her entering Congrats. So, if you like Zivert, please, vote with
qsFjuZM.png
. And also if you like both Zivert and Marnik & LUNAX pretty equally, I would recommend you to vote for Zivert as well.

Marnik & LUNAX - Bye, Bye, Bye is also a very significant entry for me personally and it's our second best result of the decade, and one of the best semi results ever (3rd)! The song itself feels really nostalgic to me and reminds me of the best times of my life. Maybe that's also because it's our last qualification so far :lol: Alas, I found out just while making this post that the original beautiful lyrics video of this song is now unavailable everywhere but USA on YT, disgusteng 🙄 But anyway, if you like Marnik & LUNAX much more than Zivert and you think they should enter Congrats, please vote with
faroSVK.png

And like always, if you have another preferences among those 10 songs - feel free to tell, your opinion will be MUCH MUCH appreciated! 😀

Last edited:

Rmetr0

Upd. Everything is alright with Marnik and LUNAX lyrics video! I just found out that when I use my wi-fi, Youtube thinks I am in USA :lol: So, it's unavailable in USA only. And when I use my mobile internet, I am not in USA. Soooooo weird 🤣🤣

dogmeat

Bye Bye Bye was definitely very memorable and I wanted to give it more points in the final, so it's easy choice for me.
But my personal favorite was Dead Horse, which I had playing on repeat.

Rmetr0

It's a tie now 🙈🙈🙈
Seems I have to make hard decision by myself again :lol: :lol:

Thank you all for votes for far ❤️ ❤️

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Ugh. Shame on ::svo for not considering Bastard!. It's one of the greatest NSC masterpieces I've ever heard and also one of the sexiest entries (despite the fact that I'm not very much into this genre in general, ironically). I'm still listening to this song a lot and get goosebumps every single time. Moreover, it has the best result from this decade.
This is all really sad, but what can I do? I guess nothing. :cry:

Rmetr0

If you don't choose correctly, it's "Bye Bye Bye" to Svobodnia's chances :lol:
The pressure xheat
Yeah I reacted with sad emoji, but I got the hint :lol:
I was actually about to be ready to send "Bye Bye Bye", but got another vote for Zivert today, so I felt confused again, as I don't like to make decisions especially when other people voted 50-50 and I am the one to decide xstars
I think I'm taking this too seriously, but how to "untake" tho... :lol:
Plus the day overall was the emotional mess... 🤪 So sorry for being little negative with my reaction and thank you for paying attention to my thread, that means so much to me! xrose

Rmetr0

Ugh. Shame on ::svo for not considering Bastard!. It's one of the greatest NSC masterpieces I've ever heard and also one of the sexiest entries (despite the fact that I'm not very much into this genre in general, ironically). I'm still listening to this song a lot and get goosebumps every single time. Moreover, it has the best result from this decade.
This is all really sad, but what can I do? I guess nothing. :cry:
Well you did a lot by paying attention to my thread and writing the post, thank you so so much! xlove
Shame on me, I guess... 😅 I had no idea that you, Veronika, liked Bastard! so much! 🙀
That's such a surprise, and I appreciate your support for that entry! 🤗
Sadly, Bastard! is not one of my favourite entries of my own for some personal reasons 😢

I'm afraid that if I make an extra poll for Bastard! - that would be a complete mess and I'll start to worry even more trying to choose among three 🤪

theditz83

Veteran
The pressure xheat
Yeah I reacted with sad emoji, but I got the hint :lol:
I was actually about to be ready to send "Bye Bye Bye", but got another vote for Zivert today, so I felt confused again, as I don't like to make decisions especially when other people voted 50-50 and I am the one to decide xstars
I think I'm taking this too seriously, but how to "untake" tho... :lol:
Plus the day overall was the emotional mess... 🤪 So sorry for being little negative with my reaction and thank you for paying attention to my thread, that means so much to me! xrose
Aww don't worry about the eventual result - I was only jesting when I commented before. I think I mentioned to you previously that I was literally about to send "Bye Bye Bye" to WLSC for Moisantia when you registered it for NSC, so I'm just jealous you beat me to it if I'm honest :lol:

Whichever song wins, it's clear that you'll have support in Congrats so best of luck to you and I'm really looking forward to what delights await us in the third NSC century from ::svo xheat

Rmetr0

There is one important thing I need to talk about.

❗ I am thinking of leaving WLSC and NSC

Yes, I could've just taken a decision already and not write too much. But this really is a hard decision for me. This thought haunts me for a really long time. I even made an announcement in my Instagram stories about 4 months ago (29th September 2021) that I am taking this decision. But still, nothing has changed from that time 🙈 And in fact the thought lives with me even longer, at least twice that time, I believe.

Also, I didn't have structured thoughts about that before, it was more about negative feelings after some situations related to the contests. But now I think I realised what is going on and I'm ready to tell you properly. I want to take a rational decision, not based on momentary emotion. And also I want to be really honest and open with y'all and not just leave all of a sudden and disappear ✋🏻

🏆 RESULTS

Seems like one of the common reasons of leaving contests. And there are lots of times when I felt like leaving after some results too! BUT this reason seems emotion-based to me. You may feel like withdrawing after ending up lower than you expected, or after DNQ for a very long time. But then you can suddenly do much better than you expected - and then you feel joy and desire to participate even forever!

Not to mention my personal results, in general they are far from worst! I believe, there is a lot to be proud of!

So, after thinking for a while, I decided that results cannot be the reason to leave for me personally, as they are simply emotion-based, and they can bring not only negative, but positive feelings as well! Even if I DNQ, I always feel soooo good when I see who gave me points in semi 🤗

I am writing this before WLSC and NSC results, so I am not influenced by emotions.

🎶 SONGS

This is a more serious reason for me. I even considered it more than a year ago here. And it hasn't really changed from then.

I have about 6.5 years experience of participating in various song contests. But for some reason, in all this time I didn't found any source or way of finding new songs that would be natural for me. It always takes much time and effort for me if I am searching on purpose. Almost all the songs I have participated with were found by me randomly (Youtube recommendations, heard on radio), or someone helped me 😅👉🏻👈🏻 First way may not really seem bad, but usually it's not really effective. Radio and Youtube oftenly offers very popular songs which are either already participated or wouldn't probably be ranked very high.

Still, there are some periods when I manage to find a bunch of really good songs and in such cases I wish to participate with all of them as soon as possible. And even if there are no songs I really would like to send, I still have a pretty big playlist where I can suddenly find something old and forgotten, so I can live with that! Songs are not the real reason for me to leave too.

⏰ TIME

Now, this is the most important and up-to-date reason. As well as it's not emotion-based, so it's the real objective reason, that bothers me.

Maybe 2-3 hours a month doesn't seem too much. But when there's WLSC + NSC with 3 shows + 3 other contests I participate in + spin-offs + marathons and polls (e.g. NFs of current seasons, previous ESCs etc) = now that's too much for me :lol:

Maybe it's about the way I'm listening. Honestly, I can't listen to songs and do other stuff simultaneously 😵 If I try so, I either mess up with other stuff or forget the song :lol:

It wasn't a really big problem when I studied in school. It wasn't always a problem when I studied in uni (only sometimes). But now it's a real problem! And I'm not even working yet :lol: And that's a problem as well! I know there are a lot of people who work as freelancers nowadays. They monetize their interests, experience, skills. But I really have no single idea how I can be the one. Eurovision is one of my biggest interests, but seems there are not so many ways to monetize it :lol: So, the only way I see for myself at the moment is to work as employee. I am trying to find a job as a programmer rn, but my skills and knowledge... leave much to be desired. So, I'm trying to read a book, watch videos, but they take looooots of time and effort too! And... When I realise I'm spending 2-3 hours listening to songs and unable to do anything else... I feel like something is going wrong with my life :lol: Maybe I could've been more organized and managing to do this and that, but... I'm not the one 🤷🏻‍♂️ I feel like withdrawing from the contests will not only free the time of listening, but also the time of searching songs, watching results, will get rid of the worries about deadlines, and will not let me procrastinate while listening to songs, rather than preparing for job interviews.

With life going like that, I don't see having a lot of time for participating in the future as well, because I want to develop in many areas. I want to devote my time to learning something new, new activities, work, spiritual self-developing and more.

✔️ CONCLUSION

I'm still thinking, but the decision now seems to me clearer than before.
Ofc I'll finish the current NSC, the spin-off (still don't know what song to send ahahaha), also I think I'll enter Congrats.

That's what I wanted to tell... Thanks for reading and have a good day! 🌺

Last edited:

Ewigkeit

Veteran
While reading the post I felt like I had written the words myself. :lol: I totally understand you and I hope you can come to a fair conclusion. 🌹

Top Bottom