Contact us

Svobodnia ❖ we'll exist until time separates us ❖ Congrats 20 ???

Rmetr0

NSC 183

21-NSC-183-Svobodnia.png

Robin Schulz feat. Alida – In Your Eyes

DNQ (17/26, 59 pts)

Last edited:

Rmetr0

WLSC 204

New Hope Club, Danna Paola - Know Me Too Well

Last edited:

Rmetr0

Just heard on radio Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing and Robin Schulz feat. Alida - In Your Eyes right next to it

And I was like:
You bring me joy, you bring me sadness...😭😂

Rmetr0

Actually I started to feel like leaving after my DNQ in 185. And the very recent 186 DNQ kinda confirmed that intention. Just after a while I realised that I still have a couple of songs that I really wanted to try here. So I just listened to them and calmed down a little, and regained a little desire to continue my NSC journey.

But that is the thing. It's so hard for me to find songs I would be satisfied with. It takes pretty much time and sometimes even nerves. It's not like I choose from the great varieties, that I can see & listen to in all kind of NFs you guys are holding. Sometimes I don't even have a single idea of what can I send. Ofc there are tons of songs you can find on YouTube and the internet in general. But I can't send just a random song. It's not about that, isn't it? As far as I got it's about choosing what you really like and sharing with everyone else participating... And I try so, I've never sent what I don't like and I search until I find something I would rate high myself.

Maybe I shouldn't have written all of that here and should think about it myself... I didn't want to complain. Just feeling kinda helpless about that (and a lot of things in my life tbh)
But if not all of that, I think, I could stay here happily and enjoy the game any longer. I truly love the concept of a contest like NSC and all the actual people with all these beautiful countries taking part here, y'all are amazing xheart xheart xheart

Brandt

Actually I started to feel like leaving after my DNQ in 185. And the very recent 186 DNQ kinda confirmed that intention. Just after a while I realised that I still have a couple of songs that I really wanted to try here. So I just listened to them and calmed down a little, and regained a little desire to continue my NSC journey.

But that is the thing. It's so hard for me to find songs I would be satisfied with. It takes pretty much time and sometimes even nerves. It's not like I choose from the great varieties, that I can see & listen to in all kind of NFs you guys are holding. Sometimes I don't even have a single idea of what can I send. Ofc there are tons of songs you can find on YouTube and the internet in general. But I can't send just a random song. It's not about that, isn't it? As far as I got it's about choosing what you really like and sharing with everyone else participating... And I try so, I've never sent what I don't like and I search until I find something I would rate high myself.

Maybe I shouldn't have written all of that here and should think about it myself... I didn't want to complain. Just feeling kinda helpless about that (and a lot of things in my life tbh)
But if not all of that, I think, I could stay here happily and enjoy the game any longer. I truly love the concept of a contest like NSC and all the actual people with all these beautiful countries taking part here, y'all are amazing xheart xheart xheart
It is always a welcome move to open up your feelings and express your disappointments and vent over them. I mean my luckiest rates are 3 times qualification each 10 editions, so I can see where you're coming from. No matter what I send, I always expect to not qualify because there have been songs that I sent that I consider criminally underrated for not making it to the finals, but this is just me afterall :D

What keeps me interested in this contest is discovering new songs, though. It doesn't happen to me so very often and frequent to find songs I want to add on my playlists, but it is still the best I have. So if it doesn't motivate you enough, it might be frustrating for you to keep up with not so satisfying results for your songs. Since, you also mentioned, it takes a lot of time and effort to vote properly and fairly.

But you are always welcome to keep up with it. Svobodnia is one of the nations I'd miss if they weren't in NSC xrose

theditz83

Veteran
@Rmetr0 your frustrations and concerns are very familiar I'm sure to the vast majority of NSC participants - we all go through rough times where it feels like the songs that we love and cherish so dearly are just ignored or underappreciated by the rest of the community, and it can hurt.

But please be assured that from my point of view, you are a key part of our NSC family. Even in WLSC, I am always excited to see what songs you will share with us next, and while not every one will hit the mark for my tastes, there are very few that you have sent that I wouldn't be happy to hear again in the future. You have had some unbelievably low results with some utter classics (Robin Schulz and Alida failing in the last edition I hosted - I'm still not over that xcry ) but I hope that you don't take the results too personally.

Your ethos and methodology for selecting Svobodnia's entries are what everyone should do in my opinion - share the songs that you love, whether commercially successful or perhaps more obscure, and continue to grow Svobodnia's rich music heritage. xlove

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
@Rmetr0, I know all too well how it is to feel dissapointed with the results in NSC, it is the roughest contest for me for some reason or another when it come to qualifying or scoring anything higher than top 15. Seeing FINNEAS fail once again is just heartbreaking. This kind of music clearly doesn't have much appeal to the NSCers which is really sad, as this was the contest where I was exploring indie and alternative genres more than in other contests. This edition however, I qualified with just that. So I reaaaally can't read the room in this contest haha. But it's just so fun, I really like the concept of nations and sending whatever you have in mind.

So, keep being you, because you are great just the way you are. Svobodnia is a great nation, both in NSC and WLSC and we'd miss you dearly. I'm always looking forward to see what you're sending :giggle:

Rmetr0

Thank you very much guyyyyyys @LesterMalvo @theditz83 @Gera11 xlovexrunhug
Thanks to your nice words and spoken this out, now I feel a lot better xup

What keeps me interested in this contest is discovering new songs, though.
Yes, discovering new songs is one of my favorite features of contests like NSC. Actually there are usually a lot of songs I add to my playlist, far not as many as when I search for my own entry on YouTube tho, that's what I was talking about :nervous:

Since, you also mentioned, it takes a lot of time and effort to vote properly and fairly.
Just wanted to clarify that actually I love the procedure of listening and voting, even if it takes an hour, two, three or more. Again, I was talking more about time and effort being spent on searching for my own entry ;)

Sooooooooooooo
Thank you very much once again, for welcoming, that's totally and necessarily mutual xheart
And like I said, I still have a couple of songs I really want to try in NSC. Maybe they will be different from what I usually send, or maybe not so much. Maybe it will have appeal to some of you, or maybe not. But I'll never know if don't give it a try, so I'm gonna try, yes I shall! xheya

ferret

I have a good example for you. I participate in one contest and my country is Hungary (not the best choice, but still I like it). And I've only been to the final once in a whole year. xexcuseme :lol: But no, I'm not going to run away (you can change the country in each edition and many who are chasing medals do so), on the contrary, I'm going to earn Hungary's first victory, in 5 years! xdance
If, of course, I have enough health for this... ;)

Rmetr0

I have a good example for you. I participate in one contest and my country is Hungary (not the best choice, but still I like it). And I've only been to the final once in a whole year. xexcuseme :lol: But no, I'm not going to run away (you can change the country in each edition and many who are chasing medals do so), on the contrary, I'm going to earn Hungary's first victory, in 5 years! xdance
If, of course, I have enough health for this... ;)
Thank you @ferret very much for a motivating example xrose
That's just great, that you have a goal. And it actually sounds pretty honorable. 👍
As far as I know you, you are really good at figuring out which genres and styles have appeal and do well in different contests, which for some reason comes hard for me. And even if it's not 100% guarantee of success, still you have some knowledge and skills. So, I truly believe in you and Hungary, I know someday you can lead the country to its first victory in 5 years 💪
(Feel free to pm and share more about this Hungary story, actually I got pretty interested 😁)

Rmetr0

Oh, and I just got a notification from my phone calendar which says that October 24 is actually "The Day of Svobodnia" (Day of the proclamation of the sovereignty of Svobodnia from the USSR)
Soooooo, that means...

::svo ::svo ::svo
Happy Svobodnia day!!!!!
::svo ::svo ::svo

:D :D :D

Top Bottom