Contact us

Svenska / Swedish

A-lister

Veteran
Well, someone talked about our language in one of the ESC topics, I guess it could be nice to start an actual topic for Swedish :cool:

:lol:

ParadiseES

The only thing I know of Swedish are some numbers thanks to Melodifestivalen :lol:

Svenska bro!!! I'd love to learn. Sweden is so cool! :D

Gerly

I've studyied too a bit of numbers thanks to Melodifestivalen, but I'm not sure I can write them right. And know also some other words since when I interested a bit of Swedish and asked about this language from my friends.

A-lister

Veteran
I've studyied too a bit of numbers thanks to Melodifestivalen, but I'm not sure I can write them right. And know also some other words since when I interested a bit of Swedish and asked about this language from my friends.

Here are the numbers for you guys:

1 = Ett / En
2 = Två
3 = Tre
4 = Fyra
5 = Fem
6 = Sex
7 = Sju
8 = Åtta
9 = Nio
10 = Tio
11 = Elva
12 = Tolv
13 = Tretton
14 = Fjorton
15 = Femton
16 = Sexton
17 = Sjutton
18 = Arton
19 = Nitton
20 = Tjugo
21 = Tjugoett
-----------------
30 = Trettio
-----------------
40 = Fyrtio
-----------------
-----------------
100 = (ett) Hundra

and so forward

A-lister

Veteran
Actually I also started to wondering about the word "Gift" used as the last example in the second video.

Hmm.. that REALLY is weird.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
There's always the great classic saying; "Far, får får får? Nej, får får lamm!". Haha. Literally translated: "Father, do sheep get sheep? No, sheep get lamb".

This video is sooo hilarious as it deals with absurd and funny sentences where multiple words that are spelled the same mean different things and a poor English guy is trying to say them:

A-lister

Veteran
There's always the great classic saying; "Far, får får får? Nej, får får lamm!". Haha. Literally translated: "Father, do sheep get sheep? No, sheep get lamb".

This video is sooo hilarious as it deals with absurd and funny sentences where multiple words that are spelled the same mean different things and a poor English guy is trying to say them:

Haha omg

I think this is more fun for Swedish speakers though.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Haha omg

I think this is more fun for Swedish speakers though.
Yeah definitely. I loved the "Ät inte filen med filen. Använd skeden!" one. How bizarre it must have been for the guy. He must think that these are essential expressions we use all the time, hahaha!

Gandan

This is really impossible to pronounce, almost for us (italian). I've tried too many times, it's impossible xD

http://it.forvo.com/word/sju/#sv

xD

However I'm trying... Jag vill lära svenska, men jag har inte tillräckligt tid...

But now, listening to swedish songs, I remember many words.... for example... tid.... med tid och rum (Carola, Evighet xheart )

Top Bottom