WV 174 ENTRY
Moonica Mac - Till Slutet av Augusti

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand (Sweden)

NATIONAL FINAL: SVEA GÄSTABUD

svealandnf01.jpg

Svealand - The Land of the Svear - is the oldest region in Sweden. Its rich history is still evident wherever you go. As an homage to this, the Svealand National Final shall be called Svea Gästabud, after the famous historical gästabud (banquet) in Nyköping.

Old and new, known and unknown - all kinds of music from Svealand will be sent to WorldVision.

Svealand consists of the following provinces:
Map_svealand.png

It includes towns and cities like Stockholm, Uppsala, Nyköping, Västerås, Örebro and Karlstad. Also, all of Dalarna is a mecca for Swedish folk music.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Got inspired by The Luflee to come up with a name for my NF.

Which one do you like? Sveakampen, Svea Festspel, Sveaspelen or Sveafestivalen (though the latter one is kind of obvious and boring)?

Or why not Svea Gästabud, which would hark back to Nyköpings Gästabud, a famous and gruesome historical event that took place in Nyköping, Södermanland (one of the provinces of Svealand). You can read about here: Nyköping Banquet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Which one do you like? Sveakampen, Svea Festspel, Sveaspelen or Sveafestivalen (though the latter one is kind of obvious and boring)?

Or why not Svea Gästabud, which would hark back to Nyköpings Gästabud, a famous and gruesome historical event that took place in Nyköping, Södermanland (one of the provinces of Svealand). You can read about here: Nyköping Banquet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Sveakampen could work, though it does kind of sound like something having to do with sports when you think about it. Svea Gästabud is pretty good, with a nice historical link, though hopefully this time around there will be less starvation and imprisonment, and more singing and dancing. ;)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Sveakampen could work, though it does kind of sound like something having to do with sports when you think about it. Svea Gästabud is pretty good, with a nice historical link, though hopefully this time around there will be less starvation and imprisonment, and more singing and dancing. ;)
Haha yeah I just thought of Sveakampen since there's a book with that title, plus a kamp could be a contest and that is what this is. I really like Svea Gästabud for the historical homage, but yes much less starvation and imprisonment! :D

TheLuflee

Svea Gästabud sounds cool + the most originial one in this bunch. xcheer

Haha yeah I just thought of Sveakampen since there's a book with that title, plus a kamp could be a contest and that is what this is. I really like Svea Gästabud for the historical homage, but yes much less starvation and imprisonment! :D

Fair enough, though personally, when I read Sveakampen, my mind immediately goes to Finnkampen and stuff like that. But Svea Gästabud is mucn better name, and more original like TheLuflee pointed out, so out of the bunch you've mentioned, you should definitely go with that. :)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I've realized and come to the sad conclusion that for WorldVision 01, there won't be a NF for Svealand. Aug 31-Sep 2 is moving weekend for me as I will be moving to a new flat in a completely different part of the country so this will take all of my time. And Sep 3-7 is the first week of university so I will be having lots on my mind and lots to do, so it's just not the right time for me to host a NF amidst all this, when I haven't even done it before. I will select the first song from Svealand internally, and then resume with the NF Svea Gästabud for WorldVision 02!

Hope you all can understand! :D

Top Bottom