Staff member
:svea: :svea: SVEALAND :svea: :svea:

rX3DM4i.jpg

WV 174 ENTRY
Moonica Mac - Till Slutet av Augusti

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand | // Svea Gästabud // WorldVision 02 NF // DDL 28th September 23:59 //

Re-posting for the new page (though, it's also posted in the top post of the first page)

:svea: Svea Gästabud :svea:
WorldVision 02

svealandnf01.jpg

Venue
Dalhalla, Dalarna
1332105520347.jpg

Hosts
Lena Willemark.......................Joacim Cans
90489807.jpg
4978393164a81d5b495f.jpg

Entries
01 "Mio Min Mio" - Gemini
Music: Benny Andersson
Lyrics: Björn Ulvaeus

Written for the 1987 fantasy film "Mio In The Land Of Faraway" based on the children's novel "Mio Min Mio" by Astrid Lindgren, starring Christian Bale and Christopher Lee among others. Gemini is a duo consisting of the Scanian siblings Anders Glenmark and Karin Glenmark, though Anders Glenmark has lived in Stockholm through most of his career and lives there still. They competed in Melodifestivalen in 1984 with "Kall Som Is".

02 "Beatrice" - Kalle Moraeus

Written in 1991 for Kalle Moraeus for his first solo album. Also recorded and released by Sofia Källgren in 1992. Kalle Moraeus, the height-challenged and cheerful Dalecarlian fiddler has competed in Melodifestivalen in 2010 with "Underbart".

03 "Klinga Mina Klockor" - Önskekören

Written in 1987 for one of Benny Andersson's folk music solo albums. Önskekören (sort of meaning "The Dream Choir") consisted of the Swedish female artist elite at the time: Una Andersson, Eva Dahlgren, Yvonne Erlandsson, Monica Forsberg, Ingela "Pling" Forsman, Karin Glenmark, Maritza Horn, Anna-Lotta Larsson, Mia Lindgren, Johanna Lundberg, Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Siw Malmkvist, Nanne Grönvall, Diana Nunez, Lena Philipsson, AnneLie Rydé, Barbro "Lill-Babs" Svensson, Monica Svensson, Pernilla Wahlgren, Angelique Widengren and Liza Öhman. Several of them have competed in Melodifestivalen on numerous occasions.

04 "Anthem" - Tommy Körberg
Lyrics: Björn Ulvaeus and Tim Rice

Written in 1986 for Björn & Benny's musical Chess, which had stars like Elaine Paige, Murray Head and Barbara Dickson in its original line-up along with Tommy Körberg. Many other male vocalists have performed Anthem since, Josh Groban being one of them, but it was written with Tommy Körberg in mind and he will always be its original performer. Tommy Körberg has competed in Melodifestivalen in 1969 with "Judy Min Vän" and in 1988 with "Stad I Ljus", both of which represented Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest.

05 "Story Of A Heart" - Benny Andersson Band

Written in 2009 for Benny's current project which is known as Benny Anderssons Orkester (or BAO) in Sweden, but as they are trying to get recognition internationally they've opted for Benny Andersson Band for the non-Swedish speaking audience. The band consists of (apart from Benny Andersson) Helen Sjöholm, Tommy Körberg, Kalle Moraeus, members from Orsa Spelmän and others.

01 Gemini - Mio Min Mio
02 Kalle Moraeus - Beatrice
03 Önskekören - Klinga Mina Klockor
04 Tommy Körberg - Anthem
05 Benny Andersson Band - Story Of A Heart

Send your votes by PM.
Deadline 28th September at 23:59 CET.

Vote in the following fashion:
:7: :5: :3: :2: :1:

Thank you! :D

Votes received:
:kr: :sc: :bg: :no:rl :za:gr :ie: :pt: :rs: :lv: :ma: ::herz ::uusi :cy: :ar:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand | // Svea Gästabud // WorldVision 02 NF // DDL 28th September 23:59 //

Confirmed votes so far:
:kr: :sc: :bg: :no:rl :za:gr :ie: :pt: :rs: :lv: :ma:

Current score:
#1 - 48 points
#2 - 39 points
#3 - 37 points
#4 - 31 points
#5 - 25 points

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has voted so far! :D

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Thank you to ::herz for voting! :D

A favorite has definitely emerged, but a few more votes could easily tip the scale the other way.

Jim

:ar: Voted!

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand | // Svea Gästabud // WorldVision 02 NF // VOTING CLOSED //

The voting is closed! We have a winner! :D

A HUGE thank you to everyone who took the time to vote. :D You guys are the best! xcheer

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Results in order:

01 "Story Of A Heart" - Benny Andersson Band - 71 points
02 "Anthem" - Tommy Körberg - 60 points
03 "Beatrice" - Kalle Moraeus - 53 points
04 "Klinga Mina Klockor" - Önskekören - 46 points
05 "Mio Min Mio" - Gemini - 40 points

Congrats to the winner. :D It was a clear favorite by the time the third voter came around and remained at the top throughout the entire voting process.

The biggest shocker for me was my number one favorite - Mio Min Mio - being basically rejected across the board, save a couple of voters :lol:. It's been one of my all-time favorite songs for 24-25 years now.

as78

It was not my main favorite, but still it's a great song.
Good luck! xcheer

TheLuflee

I'm extremely happy that my fave won xyaaay Gotta love the abba-esque vibe in it xbow

Top Bottom