Staff member
:svea: :svea: SVEALAND :svea: :svea:

rX3DM4i.jpg

WV 174 ENTRY
Moonica Mac - Till Slutet av Augusti

as78

Re: Svealand (Sweden)

Excellent choice. xclap
Yes, I had suspicion about this from the clues.

Good luck! xcheer

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

The meaning behind the clues, if you didn't understand them, were:

There was a picture of Britney Spears from her "Baby One More Time" music video. And the name of the group is of course, One More Time.

The second picture was of ABBA. Peter Grönvall (the male member of One More Time) is the son of Benny Andersson, who was in ABBA.

:D

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

The meaning behind the clues, if you didn't understand them, were:

There was a picture of Britney Spears from her "Baby One More Time" music video. And the name of the group is of course, One More Time.

The second picture was of ABBA. Peter Grönvall (the male member of One More Time) is the son of Benny Andersson, who was in ABBA.

:D

I also didn't focus on the clues that much :lol: I was happy with no Britney in the contest and I was blinded by ABBA's pic xrofl2

xkiss

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

For WorldVision 02, I will be hosting my first NF - Svea Gästabud and I've already decided on a theme for said NF. All songs will be written by the same songwriter team. But performed by different artists. :D

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Like I announced above, all the songs in the upcoming NF for Svealand will be written by the same songwriter team, but performed by different artists.

Here are a couple of clues on the songwriters:
baywatchrescuecanbuoy00.jpg
tennisracket.jpg

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Oh great you'll have a NF!! I'll be voting for songs from Svealand. Keep the quality of your chosen entry for this first edition and I'll be your slave :lol:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Svealand can now reveal that the songwriter team which will be featured in the very first edition of Svea Gästabud is:

Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus from ABBA. :D
1971Bj_Be.jpg

Five songs of theirs will battle for the chance of representing Svealand in WorldVision 02 - but with a twist: none of the five Björn & Benny songs competing will be ABBA songs, because let's face it, that song would win in a heartbeat. I'm saving ABBA songs for an ABBA-themed NF in the future. ;)

Songs will most likely be posted tomorrow (Sunday), so stay tuned! :D

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand

:svea: Svea Gästabud :svea:
WorldVision 02

svealandnf01.jpg

Venue
Dalhalla, Dalarna
1332105520347.jpg

Hosts
Lena Willemark.......................Joacim Cans
90489807.jpg
4978393164a81d5b495f.jpg

Entries
01 "Mio Min Mio" - Gemini
Music: Benny Andersson
Lyrics: Björn Ulvaeus

Written for the 1987 fantasy film "Mio In The Land Of Faraway" based on the children's novel "Mio Min Mio" by Astrid Lindgren, starring Christian Bale and Christopher Lee among others. Gemini is a duo consisting of the Scanian siblings Anders Glenmark and Karin Glenmark, though Anders Glenmark has lived in Stockholm through most of his career and lives there still. They competed in Melodifestivalen in 1984 with "Kall Som Is".

02 "Beatrice" - Kalle Moraeus

Written in 1991 for Kalle Moraeus for his first solo album. Also recorded and released by Sofia Källgren in 1992. Kalle Moraeus, the height-challenged and cheerful Dalecarlian fiddler has competed in Melodifestivalen in 2010 with "Underbart".

03 "Klinga Mina Klockor" - Önskekören

Written in 1987 for one of Benny Andersson's folk music solo albums. Önskekören (sort of meaning "The Dream Choir") consisted of the Swedish female artist elite at the time: Una Andersson, Eva Dahlgren, Yvonne Erlandsson, Monica Forsberg, Ingela "Pling" Forsman, Karin Glenmark, Maritza Horn, Anna-Lotta Larsson, Mia Lindgren, Johanna Lundberg, Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Siw Malmkvist, Nanne Grönvall, Diana Nunez, Lena Philipsson, AnneLie Rydé, Barbro "Lill-Babs" Svensson, Monica Svensson, Pernilla Wahlgren, Angelique Widengren and Liza Öhman. Several of them have competed in Melodifestivalen on numerous occasions.

04 "Anthem" - Tommy Körberg
Lyrics: Björn Ulvaeus and Tim Rice

Written in 1986 for Björn & Benny's musical Chess, which had stars like Elaine Paige, Murray Head and Barbara Dickson in its original line-up along with Tommy Körberg. Many other male vocalists have performed Anthem since, Josh Groban being one of them, but it was written with Tommy Körberg in mind and he will always be its original performer. Tommy Körberg has competed in Melodifestivalen in 1969 with "Judy Min Vän" and in 1988 with "Stad I Ljus", both of which represented Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest.

05 "Story Of A Heart" - Benny Andersson Band

Written in 2009 for Benny's current project which is known as Benny Anderssons Orkester (or BAO) in Sweden, but as they are trying to get recognition internationally they've opted for Benny Andersson Band for the non-Swedish speaking audience. The band consists of (apart from Benny Andersson) Helen Sjöholm, Tommy Körberg, Kalle Moraeus, members from Orsa Spelmän and others.

01 Gemini - Mio Min Mio
02 Kalle Moraeus - Beatrice
03 Önskekören - Klinga Mina Klockor
04 Tommy Körberg - Anthem
05 Benny Andersson Band - Story Of A Heart

Send your votes by PM.
Deadline 28th September at 23:59 CET.

Vote in the following fashion:
:7: :5: :3: :2: :1:

Thank you! :D

Votes received:
:kr: :sc: :bg: :no:rl :za:gr :ie: :pt: :rs: :lv: :ma: ::herz ::uusi :cy: :ar:

theditz83

Veteran
Re: Svealand | // Svea Gästabud // WorldVision 02 NF // DDL 28th September 23:59 //

Excellent stuff! Nice to hear the spirit of Abba's melodies alive and well :)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand | // Svea Gästabud // WorldVision 02 NF // DDL 28th September 23:59 //

A big (late) thank you to :bg: for voting also! Keep them coming folks! :D

I will try and vote in as many NFs as I can towards the end of the week, but I will definitely vote in the ones that vote for me. :)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Confirmed votes so far:

:kr: :sc: :bg: :no:rl :za:gr

Huge thank you to all! :D

Current score:
#1 - 29 points
#2 - 21 points
#3 - 16 points
#4 - 14 points
#5 - 10 points

Anything could still happen!

Top Bottom