Contact us

Svante Stockselius resigns

Svante is stepping down. Your thoughts????

• Yay, it was about time

7 21.9%
  • Nay, I'm not very happy about this

20 62.5%
  • Whatever, doesn't matter to me

5 15.6%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
^ you mean executive supervisor for Big4? :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
^ oh, you mean E.S. from Big4 :twisted: :lol:
I doubt that Big4 officials are bothered.
Something tells me that it will be another Swede.

MyHeartIsYours

That's what I said :twisted:
I am ok if it's another Swede actually cuz they do put more effort into ESC than anyone else :lol:

MyHeartIsYours

Jon Ola Sand new Executive Supervisor

The European Broadcasting Union announced today that Jon Ola Sand has been appointed Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest after a pan-European search. He will start in his new position on 1 January 2011. He succeeds Svante Stockselius, who resigned after almost eight years in the job. Some 40 people from more than 10 countries applied for this prestigious position.

Experience

Sand has more than 15 years' experience in major productions and coproductions at Norwegian public broadcaster NRK and TV2 Norway as well as independent production companies. He is also a member of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, which hands out the EMMY Awards every year. He has produced or directed a variety of programmes, such as the Nobel Peace Prize Concert, the Norwegian Film Awards and the Norwegian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest, Melodi Grand Prix.

The new Executive Supervisor of Europe's favourite TV show has been Head of Delegation at the contest for Norway from 1998 to 2005. Since then, he has been commissioning editor at NRK.

"Worthy successor"

"I am confident that Jon Ola Sand will be a worthy successor of Svante Stockselius and that he will be just the capacity we need to continuously develop and enforce the values of the World's biggest entertainment TV-show," says Jørgen Franck, TV Director ad interim at the EBU. Some 40 people from more than 10 countries applied for this prestigious position.

Sand will also lead the team of Project Managers who are dealing with other productions at the EBU Television Department.

Hitting the ground running

"I am really looking forward to working with the experienced and dedicated staff at the EBU. I see a lot of opportunities on top of the already existing expertise of the current team," says Sand, who was Executive Producer of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest in Norway. "Not only was this the most challenging year in my career, but also the most rewarding. I am excited about the prospect of taking on this unique opportunity. My previous experience at the contest will allow me to ‘hit the ground running' when I take over in January," Sand concludes.

Event Supervisor

To underline the EBU's commitment to the growing event around the television production, Sietse Bakker has been appointed Event Supervisor for the Eurovision Song Contest.

From eurovision.tv :cool:.

MyHeartIsYours

I think it's great having a Norwegian E.S. They totally deserve it after their best hosting of the contest ever and Norwegians always do things the best :mrgreen:. Im sure that Jon will continue to improve and develop the contest :D.

aletem

I hope he will be more pleasant. People are probably tired of Svante. :)

Top Bottom