The new Sultana Quen has arrived! xcheer

giphy.gif

Eulaliya's English Reign
EditionArtistSongFinal PlacePointsSemi PlacePoints
::sudo 146Declan McKennaThe Key to Life on EarthFailed to qualify-1747
:ca: 147Phil CollinsAnother Day in ParadiseFailed to qualify-1263
:cn: 148David BowieLife on Mars?Failed to qualify-1652
:pl: 149Lolita (Annerley Gordon)Try Me20901358
:kant: 150Serge Gainsbourg & Jane BirkinJe t'aime... Moi non plusFailed to qualify-1948
:west: 151Sarah BrightmanHymn911310113
:es: 152David Bowie"Heroes"Failed to qualify-2332
:be: 153ChicaneSaltwaterFailed to qualify-1452
:es: 154Mike Oldfield ft. Maggie ReillyTo France8132
::bmen 155Murray GoldI Am the DoctorFailed to qualify-2230
:se: 157Tina CousinsPray151041065
:nl: 158Panjabi MCMundian To Bach KeFailed to qualify-1546
:pl: 160Dario GSunchymeFailed to qualify-2133
:rs: 161Haunted NurseryHaunted Dancehall (In the Nursery Mix)Failed to qualify-2034
:us: 162Kate BushRunning Up that Hill (A Deal with God)6123

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoboCamel

Re: England: WV95 - Errr

See, I told you to send this one back in WV70-whatever! :lol:

Seriously though, I'm thrilled to see this do so well. Strong song, and a deserving second place!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: England: WV95 - Monty Python "Brian Song"

WV95: Monty Python "Brian Song"

So I decided it was time to go for "Something Completely Different" and return to my catalogue of comedy songs! I am sure many of you are familiar with Monty Python and particularly two of their films (Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Monty Python's Life of Brian). Monty Python was a group of six comedians formed in the late 1960s consisting of Terry Jones, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Graham Chapman and John Cleese. They made their name with their surrealistic sketch show "Monty Python's Flying Circus" but their international success was certainly more through the films they made.

They were also quite musically gifted! They made a number of songs over the years, most famous being "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" from the closing scene in "Life of Brian". This would have probably been my first choice to send, but the decision not to was made for me, as FranchellyJelly sent it way way back in WV24... :p So instead I have gone to the beginning of the film for this delightful song. Made as a parody of Bond themes, I rather enjoy it poking fun at an area of music often taken so seriously :lol: Hope you enjoy it too :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: England: WV95 - Monty Python "Brian Song"

So yes, not just to prove Kai wrong, but this coming edition will be my final one in England for the time being! Shock and horror, I know, but the time really has come to stick in my homeland for a bit. I've been getting far too excited about some of my potential entries to stay away for any longer.

There is, of course, just the small matter of what song to send to finish off my English reign. Well, I think it needs to be something that works well with endings... I've something in mind, but I'm mulling it over so expect a fairly last minute entry being sent in! ;)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: England: WV96 - Howard Goodall "Blackadder Theme"

WV96: Howard Goodall "Blackadder Theme"

As an anonymous user said during the LL "been on a bit of a "traditional British comedy" binge lately, have we?", well yes, kinda... In truth, I see this as the perfect finish to my time in England: A closing theme :lol:

Howard Goodall is a prolific modern classical composer - best known for his theme tunes to iconic British comedy shows (Red Dwarf, Mr. Bean and, of course, Blackadder) - but he also has quite the repertoire outside this. For WV, however, I knew it had to be a theme tune and I do think that the finest standalone example is this theme from the end of "Blackadder Back and Forth". Each series had a variation on the theme, but this works the best imo. Hope you enjoy my closing theme entry and the iconic music of Mr. Goodall! :D

Eulaliya

Re: England: WV96 - Howard Goodall "Blackadder Theme"

HOWARD GODDALL xbow I remember seeing his cameo on the organ on the first episode of Mr. Bean (that church scene which is so iconic in so many aspects including the Hallelujah part) xlove

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: England: Farewell of the King

Thanks to those who voted for my final :en: entry! xhug A shame to end with a DNQ, but it was kinda inevitable - comedy is possible the hardest genre to get into a WV final! I'll let you know when that stops me sending comedic songs ;) Chuffed to see that a few of you enjoyed it so it served its purpose well! :D

So my English reign comes to an end: I got asked during one of the LLs why I was moving from :en: to ::yohu when ::yohu is entirely in :en:. It really is quite simple - I am coming home! :D I am a Yorkshireman and I am so excited about the entries I have to share from my homeland that it only seems right to send them from there, rather than taking up the entire country just to send Yorkshire entries. Daft and unnecessarily limiting my options? Yup. Do I care? By heck, I don't! ;)

It's been great fun having England though! Two major highlights stand out: Firstly getting Sky into the final after they just missed out way back in the 50s. It was the most nervous I have ever been doing taking votes seeing as it was so tight, a little mistake could mean I had accidentally qualified instead of someone else, and we all know how that would have looked!! It meant a huge amount to get one of the very few artists I've sent whom I've felt have been robbed actually into the final - and the fact they finished so far behind everyone else once there was just downright iconic ;)
Secondly, of course, Mike Oldfield somehow ending up SECOND in WorldVision! I mean, buggering hell, I'd have never guessed that! But somehow he did and I was so so so chuffed to see him do well - given he is one of my longest-standing favourite artists, it really meant a lot to see him do so well. :)

So onto Yorkshire! What to expect? Oooo, quite a bit! I'm hoping to introduce a number of new faces to you all in forthcoming editions - fewer well-known artists (although I sent the Corrs assuming they weren't well-known, so I'll probably have guessed wrongly again with some! :lol:) but plenty of fantastic and entertaining pieces. The adventure continues chaps! xcheer

Sultana

HilariousUnselfishArizonaalligatorlizard-size_restricted.gif

Hello everyone! Its been a huuuuge gap and I am happy to finally come back (let's hope not just for one or two seasons). The reason actually why I've decided to come back is simple: I miss songs, I miss this fantastic community and the spirit which we had here. The spirit of joy, drama and ofc that queen shade which only WV community may give.
I've picked England because I want to send a couple of songs which appeal to my heart a lot recently. I am here not for competing but for sharing as I have already achieved enough of victories here. So, treat me, please, not like a ghost from your past, but like a friend of this great community.

If you have any suggestions feel free to share. About my returning entry... Surprisingly, its not turkish. Jeje. Its a song from the past decade with which i have A STRONG connection. Its a liiiittle bit personal. So, any guesses?​

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Welcome back Liza, dear xheart I don't know if you're still married to him but your husband Edis was born in London. He might even speak London. My recent husband Soner Sarıkabadayı sadly only has lived in Turkey, so I cannot suggest him to you.

Anyway, you're back with an amazing frame of mind in terms of what you wanna get from WV. I've been playing with same outlook recently and it's much more enjoyable as a whole. Glad you're back with us.

Sultana

Welcome back Liza, dear xheart I don't know if you're still married to him but your husband Edis was born in London. He might even speak London. My recent husband Soner Sarıkabadayı sadly only has lived in Turkey, so I cannot suggest him to you.

Anyway, you're back with an amazing frame of mind in terms of what you wanna get from WV. I've been playing with same outlook recently and it's much more enjoyable as a whole. Glad you're back with us.

Thank you! Edis is still my beloved one and YES I KNOW THAT HE IS FROM ENGLAND AND YES HE SPEAKS LONDON. I am waiting for his colab with Queen Gülşen to be released :D Ive never heard of Soner I need to investigate and observe who is he :D

whoa! :eek: I didn't know you were back, Liza! In only realised it yesterday! Same old me... xexcuseme I'm happy to know you are! xcheer Welcome back to the community and good luck! xheart
THANK YOU! And Congrats on your winning!

Sultana

mavi.jpg

First and probably the last hint I post here about my first entry. Its gonna be a song which APPEALS to my heart a lot and which means a lot to me as it brings such a strong memories about my past. I hope you managed to guess a representative.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That picture choice. Those who don't get it will be so annoyed after for not getting the hint.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Gera the closest that hint gets to Turkey is one of the singers Greek origin.

Top Bottom