The new Sultana Quen has arrived! xcheer

giphy.gif

Eulaliya's English Reign
EditionArtistSongFinal PlacePointsSemi PlacePoints
::sudo 146Declan McKennaThe Key to Life on EarthFailed to qualify-1747
:ca: 147Phil CollinsAnother Day in ParadiseFailed to qualify-1263
:cn: 148David BowieLife on Mars?Failed to qualify-1652
:pl: 149Lolita (Annerley Gordon)Try Me20901358
:kant: 150Serge Gainsbourg & Jane BirkinJe t'aime... Moi non plusFailed to qualify-1948
:west: 151Sarah BrightmanHymn911310113
:es: 152David Bowie"Heroes"Failed to qualify-2332
:be: 153ChicaneSaltwaterFailed to qualify-1452
:es: 154Mike Oldfield ft. Maggie ReillyTo France8132
::bmen 155Murray GoldI Am the DoctorFailed to qualify-2230
:se: 157Tina CousinsPray151041065
:nl: 158Panjabi MCMundian To Bach KeFailed to qualify-1546
:pl: 160Dario GSunchymeFailed to qualify-2133
:rs: 161Haunted NurseryHaunted Dancehall (In the Nursery Mix)Failed to qualify-2034
:us: 162Kate BushRunning Up that Hill (A Deal with God)6123

Last edited by a moderator:

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 82 ATB FEAT. TIFF LACEY - My Everything

After a streak of slow songs, Mario has decided to go rave'y again. What can come from fusion of Drum n Base with uplifting and emotional Trance? Well ATB knows the answer! Joined by Tiff Lacey, together they created this beautiful song: My Everything !​

You are all I'll ever need
You're my everything
I wanna thank you not giving up on me
I wanna thank you for believing what could be
You see you mean so very much to me
I wanna thank you for never letting go
I wanna thank you for waiting in the cold
I don't think you realize
How could you know
You are everything to me
Oh you are
You're my everything
I wanna tell you what feel me up this time
I wanna tell you you're always on my mind
From the moment that I wake to last thing at night
I wanna show you this love is deep inside
I wanna show you, you see it in my eyes
Have you sensed the change in me
Do you realize
You are everything to me
Ohh you are
You're my everything
You are everything to me
Oh you are
You're my everything
You are
All I'll ever need
You're my everything

And this is my entry for yet another edition of WorldVision. All of my past uptempo songs were unssuccesful, so I dont set my hopes too high, but I hope some of you will like it enough, to support it with your votes! I never do this, but I would really be happy to finally see song like this in the final! (vote pls! XD)
Regardless of what will happen, I am happy to finally share this song with you. It was meant to be put in my future #UpBeat NF, which will feature only raves, but I thought I have to send this now. And I did :mrgreen:

Thank you for all the likes and comments xrosexlove

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 82 ATB FEAT. TIFF LACEY - My Everything

And yet another DNQ... Not too surprised with this one, as I kind of felt it will go this way, but it really saddens me. Not my result itself, but the realization that there is no really space for genre like this in the contest. I want to share more of music like this, heck, I even have rave NF planned... But what is really a point in this, when there is no audience for it. Of course, successfulness of an entry was never my top priority when choosing the song, but I always think, and take to account what people may, or can like.
Anyway... this short post is not made to change anything, because you cant; you cant alter people's tastes. I just had to spit out my thoughts as they were eating me from the inside out, hah!

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ Meeeriooss 30th Anniversary in WV! [PLUG NIGHT!!! XHEAAT XHAAT]

Hello everyone! Fabulous news I have (of which some of you are already aware of!)
WV 83 is a mark of my 30th anniversary in the WorldVision contest! To celebrate this very hot achievement, I decided to do a Plug night, where all of my past WV entries will make the sound yet again! Ofc everyone is invited xcheer

Date is not decided yet, but I am planning to do it somewhere between the end of the current edition, and beginning of the WV 83!
Hope we can gather, and have an amazing evening xlove xheart

Genesis

Hello it's me again!
Am back regarding my hot plug night (as you might have guessed already!). I have decided to host plug session on Thursday, 24th of August 20:00 CET in HawtLand! Those who are interested in coming, please let me know if this time and day suits you. I am pretty flexible in this regard, although weekends will not be possible!
Hope to see you lots in there xlove xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

A night with Mario is what i've dreamed of for many years and it's finally happening. I can't wait to taste your subway. That day is fine for me and time doesn't matter, but see what other people say first.

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 83 MARTIN GRECH - Open Heart Zoo

WorldVision 83 in Stockholm is a mark of Keng Mario's 30th participation in the contest. Therefore, Mario had to enter with something very special. Given multiple choices, he finally ended up with the one and only, that will represent :en: , and it is Martin Grech with the song Open Heart Zoo !

See in through both sides

Wants more to life

Know your limits boy

Once more too high

Complicate your words

Clever talk won't impress me

Suffocate your thoughts

Empty my head

Fill this full of light

And open up

First of all, would like to thank everyone who came for my small plug celebration last week. There weren't many of you, but the party was fantastic! Thanks guys xheart
And now, my anniversary entry...well, what can I say. I love the song! Love this performance. I hope you do too! xlove xheart

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 84 SUGABABES - Stronger

England has failed to qualify in WV 83, but Mario will not give up that easily. What doesnt kill you, will make you stronger right? Right! That's why we are witnessing the great comeback of hot Sugababes, with their iconic single Stronger !

I'll make it through the rainy days
I'll be the one who stands here longer than the rest
When my landscape changes, re-arranges
I'll be stronger than I've ever been
No more stillness, more sunlight
Everything's gonna be alright

I know that there's gonna be a change

Better find your way out of your fear
If you wanna come with me
Then that's the way it's gonna be

I'm all alone and finally
I'm getting stronger
You'll come to see
Just what I can be
I'm getting stronger

Sometimes I feel so down and out
Like emotion that's been captured in a maze
I had my ups and downs
Trials and tribulations
I overcome it day by day
Feeling good and almost powerful
A new me, that's what I'm looking for

I know that there's gonna be a change

Better find your way out of your fear
If you wanna come with me
Then that's the way it's gonna be

I'm getting stronger
You'll come to see
Just what I can be
I'm getting stronger

I didn't know what I had to do
I just knew I was alone
People around me
But they didn't care
So I searched into my soul
I'm not the type of girl
That will let them see her cry
It's not my style, I get by
See I'm gonna do this for me

I'm getting stronger
You'll come to see
Just what I can be
I'm getting stronger

I'm getting stronger
You'll come to see
Just what I can be
I'm getting stronger

And there it is. My WV 84 entry. Stronger is among my favorites in Sugababes works, and one of childhood favorites. I hope you love the song! Thanks for all the comments and love! xlove xheart

Genesis

18th

tumblr_mhnzb5bqft1qkx3eio1_r1_500.gif

Well, what can I say? I am glad, that I AM THE WAN, who managed to push Sugababes to the final! And with such a great song! I would like to thank all of you, who have supported my entry this edition. I appreciate every single point given. And sometimes only nice words being said, as I know it is hard to make top 10, when there is bunch of songs one likes. You have to leave stuff you like without any points. It happens to all of us. Once again big, big, BIG thank you. What else can I say? See you in WV 85! xrose

xlove xlove SPECIAL THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES AND REGIONS FOR THEIR FABULOUS POINTS xlove xlove

:12: Ile De France, Midwest USA
:10: Mid-Atlantic States
:8: Mazovia
:7: Kosovo, London, Los Angeles, Oost-Nederlands
:6: Angola, Sakha Republic
:5: :rolleyes:
:4: Bosnia&Herzegovina, Germany, British Columbia
:3: Norway, Romania, China PR, Argentina
:2: :rolleyes:
:1: :rolleyes:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I'm so happy that you managed to get Sigur Bobes into the final. And a pretty great result too; congratulations! It was an honor to give it 12; Mutya's part messes me up emotionally xbow

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 85 ARCHIVE - Distorted Angels

After their good debut, Mario and England have decided to send them again. With a very different sound than the last time, Archive are back in the game! Distorted Angels is a very powerful song, that has a very powerful music video as well!

Winter is waking
Calling on motion
Fueling descending
Falling unending
Caught up in circles
Distorted angels

This place is crazy
God it’s so cold
I can see in your eyes
A stone up in your hair
You say when you’re mine

Praying praying for
With the sting
Of your tears
Burning through the ground
There’s a fear in your eyes
Ouh ouh ouh ouh ouhouhouh

Enclose surrender
Breaking is tender
Sliding disfigured
Driving that death drum into your heart
Caught up in static dreams
Distorted angels sing

Why are you driving it into your heart?
Cause you move through this world
As a stone up in your hair
And you hold in your hands

Dying dying for
A release from the tears
That holds you to the ground
Close the fear in your eyes
wouh ouh ouh ouh ouh ouh

Violence is crushing
Rushing and played by
A brutal obsession
To shatter the buildings and throw out the line
Caught up with angels
Distorted angels

This dream is fading now it is gone
Cause you move from this world
With a stone left in your hand
You have in your eyes

Searching searching for
A feeling of the tears
That burnt you to the ground
There’s a fear
There’s a fear

Well, there they are! Archive again in the contest! I had a really hard time picking their next song, as they have bunch of fabulous ones, but the choice has been made, and I hope it is a good one. This song really evokes all sort of different emotions, and the music video just adds to the whole experience.

Thanks for all the likes, comments, and support! xlove xrose

BernadetteCydonia

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 85 ARCHIVE - Distorted Angels

um sorry that I try to cross your path more often but even if I only can join the next edi or so, I hope you will qualify! xcheer

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 86 KYLIE MINOGUE - Timebomb

And there she comes again! We already know, that she didn't manage to qualify (yet again!), but she certainly deseves a mention of being sent as English act for WorldVision 86; give big applause for Kylie Minogue and her Timebomb !

Being late with thread update, as I have been on holidays and didn't have much time for my WV life. Sad to see Kylie out again, and with such a banger, but I hope there were some of you who have enjoyed this entry. See you on 87 xcheer :)

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 87 NAUGHTY BOY - Runnin' FT. Beyoncé, Arrow Benjamin

This is it! Mario's last edition in :en: ! 12 editions have passed, and Keng is waving his goodbye towards England. But what is his last entry for this region? Well, he was thinking a lot and then he realized... WHY NOT TO SEND A WORLD HIT?! He said "LET'S DO IT!" !

These four lonely walls have changed the way I feel
The way I feel, I'm standing still
And nothing else matters now, you're not here
So where are you? I've been callin' you, I'm missin' you

Where else can I go?
Where else can I go?
Chasin' you, chasin' you
Memories turn to dust, please don't bury us I got you, I got you

Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin' from myself no more
Together we'll win it all
I ain't runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
I'm ready to face it all
If I lose myself, I lose it all

I've outrun the fears that chased, they're standin' still,
I'm runnin' still, I'm runnin' still
And every voice that cries inside my head,
Forever drives, forever drives,
I kill the lights

Where else can I go?
Where else can I go?
Chasing you, chasing you

Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Together we'll win it all
I ain't runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
I'm ready to face it all

Woah this is it! 12 editions in one region... the longest I stayed in one so far. These 12 edition went so quickly, I didn't even realize. It was a great journey, got to send songs I planned for myself in a long time as well as I got to experiment a bit. I hope you have enjoyed at least some of my entries! Longer post coming later with my personal top 10 of my :en: entries xcheer

DaFlo

Banned
Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV 87 NAUGHTY BOY - Runnin' FT. Beyoncé, Arrow Benjamin

Wheew hit xheat

Genesis

Re: ENGLAND ♔ :') FAREWELL! :')

16TH

beyonce-thank-you-gif.gif

This is it! My last (for now, ha!) :en: song has ended up 16th in the Grand Final of WorldVision 87 in Australia, Melbourne. Thank you so much for all the votes and support. Some of you seen me ending up in the overall top 10 or even winning the contest, but seeing how many pop songs have ended up in GF, I really didnt expect much. 16th is still a good place, considering strong competition!

xlove xlove Special thanks to the following countries and regions xlove xlove

:12: Belarus, Stockholm
:10: :rolleyes:
:8: Romania, Finland, Hungary
:7: :rolleyes:
:6: Spain, South Australia, West Midlands, Cyprus
:5: Austria, British Columbia
:4: Italy, Trinidad & Tobago, Ile De France, Oost-Nederland
:3: Switzerland, Southeast Brazil, Canada
:2: New South, Wales, Lisbon
:1: Bulgaria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, South Korea, Jamaica

Well, I guess this is concluding my journey in :en: ! I've got to say it went like a bullet; I haven't even realized when all these 12 editions went by! It has been so much fun in here. I will definitely miss the diversity England has to offer as well as making all these hot discoveries along the way, which make you excited, if you find out that particular song, or artist is indeed :en: eligible. But I guess my time is up, and it is time to pass my crown to my friend [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION], who I'm sure will be a wonderful :en: juror. I would like to thank to everyone who has supported any of my last 12 entries. Whether you gave me some points, or said nice words. Every bit counts!
As I said before, I will definitely miss England, but at the same time, I am so excited to go back to my homeland, :pl: There is so much I would like to share with you, that it makes me sweat xheat
Before I put my last word here, I do have one more task. As I have mentioned in my last post, I intended to make top 10 of my personal favorite :en: I have sent. Even though I was here just for 12 editions, and this will be top 10 (2 songs will be out this means!) it was still really hard to rank. Songs come from very different backgrounds, came out at different times, and some of them are new discoveries which of course does influence how you perceive given track. Given all these troubles, I accomplished my task. I guess this is the moment!

MERIO'S TOP 10 OF :en: ENTRIES!

Woah, that was a lot of work xheat I hope you have enjoyed seeing my ranking. What did you think was my favourite song? What was YOUR top 10 of my :en: songs? Let me know in the comments :)

Well, that is concluding my work here! So much fun I had here, but I am exicted for new-old coming! Once again, thank you and see you in :pl: xwave xlove xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

My turn to do a top 10 Merio England entriesxqueenbitch

12. Sugababes - Stronger
10. Archive - Chaos
08. Kylie Minogue - Time Bomb
07. Archive - Distorted Angels
06. Martin Grech - Open Heart Zoo
05. Leona Lewis - My Hands
04. SASH! - I Believe
03. ATB feat. Tiff Lacey - My Everything
02. Kylie Minogue - Finer Feelings
01. Enigma - Amen ft. Aquilo

My favourite is obvious but it still hurts how I couldn't give Sugababes 12 in the final, especially as i'm one of their biggest fans here. Your Archive entries were both stunning. "Chaos" made me get emotional and is one of your best ever entries, and "Distorted Angels" eventually won me around fully (just took a little while to gel with the vocals). Kylie's "Time Bomb" was a bop (my semi 12) and "Open Heart Zoo" was such a bold and dark entry. And not forgetting Leona, plus your rave hits. There were only a couple of entries from your England journey that didn't appeal to me (sorry Bayonse), but even then I at least appreciated them and could see the quality. My favourite thing about your time with England is that you were still a bit of a spam, even though you knew your time was limited:mrgreen: Double helpings of Archive and Kyliexheat I'm surprised Leona didn't come out for more to be honest. I envisioned her being your English Justyna.

I thought your favourite would have been "Chaos" or "Open Heart Zoo", although i'm not surprised by it being "Amen". England seems to be a haven for the beautiful, dark, atmospheric songs.

I think you had so much more still to give from England (some certain dolls from Soho *ahem*:rolleyes:) but Poland is your homeland, and getting to play with all of it again i'm sure will be a blast (even if lil Subway is iconic). Thanks for your tunes and good luck with Poland Marioxrosexcrossed

BernadetteCydonia

Good luck with your glorious home country Merio! :D

I'm just astonished at someone sending Archive - a relatively obscure-ish band - TWICE to a contest like this, with a massive company, and QUALIFYING both times! Glad to see their music getting appreciated that much. xlove

Your other entries were nice too :D it's just my personal heart warmth to see my favourite bands succeeding in forum and website contests held by ESC fans. Let the music continue to unite all xcheer

BernadetteCydonia

also I'd like to point out that I too love different sides of artists :D and how they manage to polarize fans with their separate material :D Kylie changed a lot through decades: bubblegum pop diva in 80s, electro tripper in 90s, disco dancer in 00s and general pop queen in 10s xheart So did Madonna but who cares about her here? :p

Genesis

I'm surprised Leona didn't come out for more to be honest. I envisioned her being your English Justyna.

I am actually quite surprised myself, as I planned to send her more then once. Guess it wasn't meant to happen this time around xshrug

Thank ya xlove xheart

Top Bottom