Contact us

Subtitles?

LoveHate

Do all channels in different countries have subtitles to the songs, or is this the case in only some countries?

If a song is in a language I don't understand at all I think it's nice to know what they're singing about. On the other hand songs in languages I understand are better without (sometimes) silly translations. Luckily I can turn the subtitles on and off.

ParadiseES

We don't have subtitles in Spain. I saw videos with Finnish subtitles, but no more.

eerik

ETV has subtitles for songs and host(s).

cegs5

In Finland you can have them either in Finnish or Swedish. You can use a program to have subtitle for the host as well.

I wanted the commentors to shut up when Petra was speaking, but I could listen to her anyway.

Israeliboy

In Israel we have subtitles when the host speaking, and also the name of the songs/singers. No commentator at all!

Yamarus

No subtitles on VRT or RTBF.

Mattan

I've heard only YLE and ETV have subtitles for the songs, some countries do have subtitles for the hosts though (we don't, for some reason).
The commentators should definitely have shut up while Petra was talking though; I loved her action last night and somehow managed to ignore the commentators.

Feel free to correct me if you live in a country with song subtitles.

Verjamem

Only YLE and ETV have a subtitles for songs. What's a pity, everyone should have it :(

LoveHate

Only YLE and ETV have a subtitles for songs. What's a pity, everyone should have it :(

Yeah. One would think it could have quite a big impact on how people vote. Lyrics are very important for some, so if you don't understand the language a very big part of the song is lost. Subtitles in all countries could perhaps lead to more songs in other languages than English. I have nothing against a country sending a song in English, but I do have something against most songs in the competition (and especially the final) being in English and some countries never sending anything but English songs. Apart from countries where it's an official language of course.

FilipFromSweden

Sweden has it

Top Bottom