Contact us

Strange Televoting results

ESC94

Hi everbody,

as you all know Salvador Sobral won both the jury- and the televote by good margins. Even though "Amar pelos dois" did pretty well in most countries, I found the televoting results in two countries pretty strange, and these were from :dk: and :it:.

The Danish televoters only gave :5: to :pt:, in this point they were really out of line with the other nordic countries, since Salavdor received 3x :12: from :fi: , :is: and :no: and :10: from :se:. So why did he so poorly in :dk:?? xshrug

The :5: from :it: were even more weird and unexpected to me. Before the contest I thought that this song would do really well there since the languages are quite similar and that this song, sung in Italian, could have been a ballad from San Remo. So why only :5:??

This is a question to all of you, but especially to the users from :dk: and :it:.

Realest

The danish Televoter usually prefer english Songs, so there is no Surprise.

Italy is full of romanian/moldovan and ukrainian Guestworkers and Interest is pretty low there, so Salvador never had a Fair Chance to beat anyone of them. The Croatian Guy sung in Italian so his Telescore shouldnt come as a Surprise.

And well, Bulgaria was just more popular with the general Audience.

ESC94

The danish Televoter usually prefer english Songs, so there is no Surprise.

Italy is full of romanian/moldovan and ukrainian Guestworkers and Interest is pretty low there, so Salvador never had a Fair Chance to beat anyone of them. The Croatian Guy sung in Italian so his Telescore shouldnt come as a Surprise.

And well, Bulgaria was just more popular with the general Audience.

As you mention :bg:, the televote result from :de: for Kristian ist also pretty strange imo. In the semi final he won the televote, but in the final he received only :5:, even though he did pretty well in other countries of Western Europe. Of course you can hardly compare the audience in the semis with the viewers of the final, but I still don´t get this result. xshrug

Top Bottom