Contact us

Spokespersons

Grinch

Terence

It was great seeing Anke Engelke again. I love her. Her facial expressions alone crack me up!! :lol:

rajo

Anke was a bit rude, and I think the Azeris are fed up with her now. I don't know what the local press is writing about her....

But she thanked the german engineers and helpers for setting the show up and wished Azerbaijan good luck on their journey to democracy.... that was so "IN YA FACE, Azerbaijan" but with a smile..... I am not sure if Leyla and Eldar got the message, or if they were shocked, but these were not meant to receive the message anyway......

Other spokespersons also came rather rude, especially Sweden ("Azerjaib... Baku") and Finland ("hilarious Finnish propaganda postcards in the backdrop").... the Belgian announcer called them cutie pies. If a man calls another man "cutie pie" it has a homosexual connotation :D
And the comment about the nice Aldi clothes? WTF?! :D

And for the macedonian announcer I didn't know if she was just stupid or meant to be rude. But thanking for the great organization and doing your homework is a bit odd.

Danny is a looser.... F***ing silly ... Euphoria got 372 points and I'm sure if there would be the song ''Amazing'' (acutally it's not amazing) that song would end only one place higher than Tooji's stay..

rajo

TBH Amazing was a supercatchy song, but the performance was totally subject to the glowing effects, which was way too much. The dark light and the overalls didn't really suit the song well....

I think Trackshittaz did a better job by wearing just casual clothes and surprising everybody in the bridge section of the song with the glow effect. But Danny and his dance crew wanted to glow all the time, and the song lost completely to that.

However, Danny wouldn't have had any chance against Loreen.

Tristran

Sarah Dawn Finer was hilarious! Can she please, please, please be one of the hosts next year? :cool: I also liked Anke's comment. It might have been critical of Azerbaijan, but I think it was said and meant in a positive way.

rajo

OMG, Germany is so mean to Azerbaijan since they were producing the whole show. They used a music theme from the German "Schlag den Raab" (game show with Stefan Raab) for the voting procedure. So the tense music is not genuine at all :D

dezbee2008

I loved Sarah Dawn Finer. She was just amazing. I also like Anke Engelke for her comments on the human rights issues. And of course, Mr. Lordi, for his cute girls comment (6 of them actually)

rajo

the Bulgarian girl made a fool of herself by imitating last year's Polish announcer (who was annoying).... pretty stupid...

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Sarah Dawn Finer was hilarious! Can she please, please, please be one of the hosts next year? :cool: I also liked Anke's comment. It might have been critical of Azerbaijan, but I think it was said and meant in a positive way.

If Sarah doesn't host Eurovision next year, something is wrong with the world.

Sarah is too fat to host Eurovision but since it's not about weight... SHE IS THE BEST HOST EVER ! :D GO SARAH !

runaway

She was sooooooo funny. Azer.... Azert....... Baku:lol: I don't think she has the capacity to present the show when she can't even pronounce names of countries.

CPV4931

alca

Of course she CAN pronounce Azerbaijan! It was a joke! Only those who watched Melodifestivalen's final could get the joke! ;)

FallenAngelII

Oh, hey, look who crawled out of the woodwork to make a fool of himself yet again:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/melodifestivalen/article14912548.ab

(I've already translated the archived footage, the footage shown at the beginning of the clip, so I'm only going to translate the new footage)

Danny: "Well, it's not possible to get a better result than that of Loreen's because she up and won. But I'm still completely convinced that..."
Interviewer: "Done it well?"
Danny: "No, I'm convinced that I would also have won Eurovision. Same composer, Swedish entry, same producer, a performance that's at least equally as awesome [as hers]. I mean, it was kind of Sweden's time to win. If one checks out the odds from before Melodifestivalen had finished, Sweden was already ranked #1 among the betting companies across Europe. So I think that whatever Swedish entry had been sent would've won. But of course I'm not denigrating Loreen's win in any way, she's so awesome. The song is awesome, she does it extremely well and once again I'm really glad that Sweden won and that it's Sweden that's going to get to host the contest next year."

Just a few points of contention here, Danny-boy:
* Your song was co-written by only one of the authors of "Euphoria". Norway's Tooji's "Stay" was co-written by both of the co-writers of "Amazing" who wasn't Danny. Norway ended up joint 10th in their semi-final and dead last in the final.
* Both Figge and Peter Boström had written or co-written several Melodifestivalen entries each that failed to even reach the Melodifestivalen final.
* You know why Sweden was tipped to win before Melodifestivalen even concluded? Because it was a foregone conclusion that Loreen would win. Those odds were based on her winning. Had Danny won, the odds would've changed dramatically.
* Why was it "kind of Sweden's time to win"? We came in 3rd last year and before that had a string of 18th or worse finishes, even failing to qualify for the final in 2010.
* You would not have won, end of story.

This was just him boasting about himself and how a-a-a-a-amazing he is and then backtracking a bit to not sound so pompous, egocentric and stupid by adding "And Sweden was leading the odds and we share the same composers!". I away, Danny. And you wonder why people seek you out to make fun of you. What's mind-boggling is that he said all of these things after he'd already been bombarded with people gleefully making fun of his previous statements.

I expect his die-hard fans to continue to defend him. MyHeartIsYours, don't even bother replying to me regarding this interview if you're going to defend him.

By the way, he just couldn't help himself. When asked about whether he took any of the things he said back right after Melodfestivalen, this was his reply:
"No, [I'm standing firmly behind my previous statements]" (a Swedish expression for "What I said before was true. I don't take any of it back")

So there you have it. His apology was a non-apology. He apologized for actually voicing his temper tantrum, not for what he said. In his mind, he was (and still is) better than Loreen, the rightful winner, his entry had better chances than Loreen at Eurovision, he's going to win a Grammy and is comparable to Justin Timberlake, etc., etc. Let's see you defend that!

rajo

Maybe Danny thought, if the sauce is good for the goose, it is also good for the gander :p

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Danny is a complete arse. There is no way his song would have won Eurovision.

runaway

Of course she CAN pronounce Azerbaijan! It was a joke! Only those who watched Melodifestivalen's final could get the joke! ;)

well viewers out of Sweden did not watch Melodifestivalen final so for those of you who watched it from Sweden, it was a funny joke. For the rest of Europe, she looked like a fool because we come up these kinds of spokespeople from time to time;)

Top Bottom