Contact us

Split results Televotings & 'Jury'

MyHeartIsYours

I voted for Ireland and was very annoyed that we only gave 1 point to them. If it is the case that the televoting gave Ireland 12 as it seems, it's disgusting that the jury can unbalance the result to such a degree.

LalehForWD

The uk jury votes were just as I expected although somewhat even more disturbing.. Russia 1st, Belgium 2nd!?!?!?!?!?xfacepalm And Belarus managed the top 10 yet Norway (as I predicted) unfairly finishes outside the the top 20 at 21. I'm pretty darn sure we gave Norway some points but we'll never know as there's not 100% transparency.

Seriously the second thing they need to do next year is to return to the old way of determining points.. the first thing they must do is go back to a random running orderxgaah

Or - you can actually assemble a jury that possibly could reflect the opinion of the British professional music/entertainment/media industry on one hand and the British public opinion on the other. I can't see why changing the rules would solve anything when the real problem is the composition of the British jury itself.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Or - you can actually assemble a jury that possibly could reflect the opinion of the British professional music/entertainment/media industry on one hand and the British public opinion on the other. I can't see why changing the rules would solve anything when the real problem is the composition of the British jury itself.

Yeah that too. We're probably not the only country that needs to do that though but we are no doubt the worst. I don't want it to be utterly overrun with all of the same type of music professional however. A mix would be the best. I'd even allow one of the oap's from this year to return.. Just ONE though:rolleyes:

I still don't like the rule change this year and think that it needs to be changed back. The jury shouldn't have the power to totally kill public favourites.

Pawhlen

The problem is not the voting system. It´s how the juries are formed that are the main problem here, first of all, at least 15 people in every jury for god sake, don´t need any explanation for that. T()

EBU can´t say "We don´t have time enough for so many" because that was how the juries worked from 1957-1997 and that worked without any problems.

Realest

Do anyone here know any evidence of the actual points. I have search anywhere with no results. Damn, we don't even know if :dk: actually won both the juries and the televotes.
This is confusing and it's frustrating me...

tuorem

Do anyone here know any evidence of the actual points. I have search anywhere with no results. Damn, we don't even know if :dk: actually won both the juries and the televotes.
This is confusing and it's frustrating me...

Probably not, otherwise they would have released the normal results, like... every year before that particular edition.

Why come up with average ranks that speak to no one and could mean anything? Always seemed fishy to me.

Probably not, otherwise they would have released the normal results, like... every year before that particular edition.

Why come up with average ranks that speak to no one and could mean anything? Always seemed fishy to me.

Exactly! Like if Azerbaijan won the overall score by cheating, but EBU put Denmark first on purpose to hide any evidence of corruption...

Pawhlen

Exactly! Like if Azerbaijan won the overall score by cheating, but EBU put Denmark first on purpose to hide any evidence of corruption...
That theory is probably the one nearest the actual truth, especially since Jon-Ola Sand and Sietse Bakker first said that the actual footage showing the attempt to bribe people voting for :az: was false, and about 10-12 days later had to do a U-turn and declare that the footage was valid and not fake. I expected Jon Ola Sand and Sietse Bakker to resign after that epic failure but no, Sand is still in charge, Sietse did leave by own will if I remember correctly 1-2 years later.

But since Sand took over as EBU scutineer back in 2011, many things have been very strange, during the time when Stockselius was scrutineer 2004-2010, we hardly had any real strange things at all happening in ESC.

I guess all numbers and statistics from ESC 2013 that could show the actual real points from both jury and televote has been deleted so we will probably never find out the actual result sadly

Realest

We only know after 11/39 Juryvotes that Norway is in the Lead (59) followed by Sweden and Netherlands (56).
And after 2/39 Televotes that Romania is in the Lead (22), followed by Denmark and Moldova (13).

Realest

The only Thing I was able to find out were the Minimum-Scores some Countries must have had from both votings:

Juryvoting:

01: :dk: 181
02: :az: 123
03: :se: 112
04: :no: 105
05: :md: 86
06: :ua: 85
07: :nl: 74
08: :it: 58
09: :mt: 56
10: :ru: 50

Televoting (36 Countries had a Valid Televoting):