Contact us

Split Jury/Tele Votes

croboy82

Wait a second: How could the UK Jury give Switzerland 5 points in Semi 1 but 12 points in the final? This doesn't make sense at all!

I get it when televoting changes because this are not the same people that watch but the juries remain the same.

lucian-crusher

Wait a second: How could the UK Jury give Switzerland 5 points in Semi 1 but 12 points in the final? This doesn't make sense at all!

I get it when televoting changes because this are not the same people that watch but the juries remain the same.

Maybe Anna was better in the Final rehearsal or maybe there where a lot of songs the jury liked but didn't pass the Semifinal. The Romanian jury gave 1 point to :ua: in the Semifinal in 2010 and 8 points in the Final :D

Yamarus

The juries are really eratic. I'm not opposed to them, but their consistency is zero as other posters have pointed out. And to think the vote would've been *even* more exciting on televoting only! Azerbaijan and Sweden neck-and-neck!

I'm so sad Norway didn't get through because of the juries :-(. And lookie lookie, on televote only, Turkey and Armenia would've passed to the final, AGAIN. I'm not surprised though it does feel a bit unfair. Will there be a year when televote will leave Turkey or Armenia in the semi? Seriously?

pyryniemi

Turkey actually wouldn't have qualified with 2008/2009 system (juries have Lithuania as their wildcard)

Milos-BC

Wow, I expected for :rs: to be liked by the jury, but I didn't expect that according to televoting we wouldn't have qualified at all. Dino's 11th place in the jury ranking doesn't surprise me as he sang very bad. Also, I can't believe that Belarus would have qualified based on the televoting only :? I think she is the worst ESC singer (or one of the worst) vocally that has ever entered the ESC stage. And I have the same opinion about the song.

lucian-crusher

I'm so sad Norway didn't get through because of the juries :-(. And lookie lookie, on televote only, Turkey and Armenia would've passed to the final, AGAIN. I'm not surprised though it does feel a bit unfair. Will there be a year when televote will leave Turkey or Armenia in the semi? Seriously?

That's exactly what I am acussing the jury members of doing! :((

Joyride

^Then the Western countries keeping talking crap about Easten neibourds voting when the Germany jury gave theirs 10 & 12 to Austria and Denmark...¡¡¡ :lol::lol:

Word! ;)

Does ist make sense that Germany gave Austria 10 and Denmark 12 in the second semi, but in the final it was the other way round (12 to Austria and 10 to Denmark)? No. ;) So we have to accept... Juries are strange! :D

FallenAngelII

I'm glad with the way the juries voted. Seriously, Sweden came within 2 points of winning with televoting alone. As expected, the juries put us in or rightful place.

One can argue that select juries sometimes turn in strange results, but overall as a whole, they're pretty consistent and fair. And I wholeheartedly agree with most of their deviations from how the televoters voted.

As for why the juries sometimes change their scoring, they get to watch separate rehearsals for the semi-final and final. Maybe the performers were inconsistent.

CC92

The results show again that there is no need "correcting" the decisions made by Asian and European audiences. I do see the point some Eurofans love Disneyballads and weird old-fashioned pop styles but the ESC should be open for larger viewerships and contain cultural aspects and diversity as well. We do not deal with American Idol 1990.

Sabiondo

The results show again that there is no need "correcting" the decisions made by Asian and European audiences. I do see the point some Eurofans love Disneyballads and weird old-fashioned pop styles but the ESC should be open for larger viewerships and contain cultural aspects and diversity as well. We do not deal with American Idol 1990.

Heres something to this jury who i don't like, and is that they are sinking the modern proposals and ''certain countries'' to purpose, to make the competition more interesting and make it look more fair his way. The the truth is that now they valued more ballads, jazz music and alternative music than the Modern, ethnic, dance and freakys :mrgreen:

Last edited:

sannerz

That performance, although quite horrendous, was very vocally sound, at least the main singer. The background singers are lacking big time. :lol:

Top Bottom