Contact us

Split Jury/Tele Votes

elvisontheisland

This system must change a bit to adjust a bit to the musical and extra tastes of each, because here they show right and wrong justices by the jury.
How can you say the jurIES made any right or wrong decisions? They made decisions. PERIOD. I guess you'd be a happy bunny too, could you vote in an ESC jury. Let them do their work, I'm sure they base their votes on merit and not on which supposedly 'bad' country might get the most votes through televoting.

AlekS

Veteran
How can you say the jurIES made any right or wrong decisions? They made decisions. PERIOD. I guess you'd be a happy bunny too, could you vote in an ESC jury. Let them do their work, I'm sure they base their votes on merit and not on which supposedly 'bad' country might get the most votes through televoting.

xyeah

evilperson

I think both the jury and televote results are ridiculous, but jury more than televote at least. But it was just a really weak year song-wise I guess and nothing left a lasting impression like Fairytale or Satellite did the previous two years.

This ESC will go down for having a remarkably unremarkable winner though, it hasn't even had a fraction of the success the last two winners had. Hopefully next year quality will increase.

doctormalisimo

Wish you "all the best" too but I dare to disagree :rolleyes:

The juries weren't reintroduced in order to lessen so called neighbour/political/diaspora voting. If you speak about Ukraine then diaspora doesn't vote for us blindly (during the last 2 years we received 0's from almost all countries with the biggest diaspora), as well as neighbours (I don't think that neighbour voting is a bad thing - in Irish case or Greek case, in our case, in Swedish case etc.; having your tatse and voting for neighbour countries is not a crime).

Oh and btw, Ukraine received more votes from the juries in 2010. So it's not about laying crap at "certain" countries :geek:

I was happy that the Ukraine song did well so I'm not complaining on that front. It deserved to do well from both sets of votes, IMO. But yeah I know we can't prevent the Cypriot jury from voting for Greece or the Irish jury voting for the UK, but when a block of 4 or more countries is involved, they do make a difference.
Well anyway, going back to the point, what do you think juries were reintroduced for then? If they were brought in to dilute neighbour/diaspora voting then theyre doing a good job :)

No Name

Ooooh, I'm so happy about the juries right now.

The juries are there to maintain a certain level of musical substance so I'm happy they did their job. Their professional point of view is needed in the contest after all, and I'm not saying that just because of my own country benefitting from the jury-votes.

If we ever were to get rid of anything, then scrap the televoters. With the televoters only we would have immature cheesy teenpop winners (like Saade) every year.

On a completely different note; how can some people keep calling our song for plagiarism when Andreas Johnson himself (who performed "Sing for me") has commented that our song wasn't plagiarism at all?

Sabiondo

I thought that too, but this year was show its not like this, and also if it were not for that and other things would not have thought that this is a clear conspiracy, at least Russia, Romania, UK, etc. .. sent good songs and even some out of tune, for example with Russia went to hard vote him too low, and a good song and a good interpreter, but surely by Xs reason to the jury did not like and the same happened with Armenia, Turkey, Greece, Bosnia and Georgia (which happen to be the countries ''Most Loved'' by all, because of diaspora voting in favor and neighborhood) ''to encourage'' and and encourage others who have not passed the final ever, which I think is unfair because some of them work hard to advance to the final and the losers ofall ways in revenge. Not to mention the alleged technical failures that affected the first five songs in the first semifinal, which the affect all and none of them made ​​the cut... umm...

JackBauer

I amazed at the love for the Greek Song, i tought it was by far far far their weakest entry since 1998 and it did so well with televoting:eek:

And i have to say the jury did a nice job by leaving out Belarus & Armenia, i didn't like Turkey this year but i thought the performance & songs were far more proffessional than the others two.

I really think that any objective jury wouldn't have Armenia in their top ten with that song & performance, same for Belarus!

But i'm a little shocked the juries were that mean with UK, it was a decent song after all and if Sweden & Ireland could have more than 100 points from them, why not UK?

And i don't like Bosnia's song at all but the juries could've support it a little more than they did, it would've been nice to seen him a little higher

Last edited:

doctormalisimo

Not to mention the alleged technical failures that affected the first five songs in the first semifinal, which the affect all and none of them made ​​the cut... umm...
4 of those songs were rated better by the televoters. Then juries weren't affected by those technical problems on the night of the semi.

AlekS

Veteran
I was happy that the Ukraine song did well so I'm not complaining on that front. It deserved to do well from both sets of votes, IMO. But yeah I know we can't prevent the Cypriot jury from voting for Greece or the Irish jury voting for the UK, but when a block of 4 or more countries is involved, they do make a difference.
Well anyway, going back to the point, what do you think juries were reintroduced for then? If they were brought in to dilute neighbour/diaspora voting then theyre doing a good job :)

I saw your comments about our song and what you really think about it ;)
Anyway. What do you think the juries were introduced for in general? Not just re-introduced ;)

What's so good in discriminating people's taste? How come it can be good? What if I order you do not vote for your fave?
It's not my fault that I liked our neighbour's song more.

"But when a block of 4 or more countries is involved, they do make a difference..." - just like any other country which didn't like your entry. And what's so bad in making a difference? It's not my problem if someone else's entry didn't impress me enough like our neighbour's entry.

doctormalisimo

I saw your comments about our song and what you really think about it ;)
Anyway. What do you think the juries were introduced for in general? Not just re-introduced ;)

What's so good in discriminating people's taste? How come it can be good? What if I order you do not vote for your fave?
It's not my fault that I liked our neighbour's song more.

"But when a block of 4 or more countries is involved, they do make a difference..." - just like any other country which didn't like your entry. And what's so bad in making a difference? It's not my problem if someone else's entry didn't impress me enough like our neighbour's entry.

Actually I wasn't a huge fan of it until the live performance in the semi (the sand artist helped it a bit too) and it's grown on me or since then.
Your entitled to your own favourite, whether that be a neighbouring country or not. I'm not accusing anyone in particular of voting for a song solely based on the country that the song came from. But you can't deny that it happens in every country's televote. And I think the juries is the best way of limiting the amount of influence bloc-voting has. Whats' the alternative?!? Ban people from country X voting for country Y? Make it so that country Y needs 5 times as much votes as any other country to get 12? No, because these would be unfair on people like yourself who genuinely vote for their favourite songs. Eurovision voting shouldn't be dictated. People DO have the right to vote for what ever song they like. But bloc voting is something that can't be ignore.

JackBauer

Anyway that's the first time the jury winner is not the same as the televoters, and should Ukraine be the one with 251 points instead of Italy or Bosnia they both could have won despite not being in the top 3 of the televoters... Not that any of them would've make a terrible winner but the point for me of the jury thing is not to make the televote's winner loose but to make the good songs higher when they were forgot by televoters.

I'm sure one day EBU will face a problem when the 4/5 th in televote will win because of jury. Remember 2001? we had a couple of 100% juries that night and with them it was clearly France in the lead and Greece doing well and Estonia really a few votes & Denmark nothing! And if i remember correctly France & Greece both had over 140 points

I also remember reading the UK & Irish jury both gave France 12 points. I think 50/50 would've changed france & greece points higher & i strongly believe the year we will see a surprising victory ( and a surprsing Runner up ) like the Estonian one in 2001 we will see the countries placed 3 or 4 th take the victory and people 's choice won't really be respected.

Not that i would've complained, if you watch eurovision 2001; you have to be deaf donkey if you don't think the winner should have Been France or Greece, although i can accept it if you prefer Sweden or Spain...

JackBauer

And if i was EBU i would put every jury member in a invidual Room at their headquaters in Switzerland on the big night and make them rank the songs from 1 to 15 points after each performance on a computer, then the computers would instantly add the points from the six jurors of each country to produce the top ten:)

I really don't think people should be all togepher with people making comments about the songs and influencing you

Synergise

How did Lithuania win the jury vote in the first semi final, and then come 20th in the final jury vote?
Some very strange results here! UK and Russia voting disparities are hilarious.

JackBauer

^Because they were 15 songs for her semi jury to like more than her, because now she was early in the draw with a lot of slow songs before her.

She got 12 from a jury and then in the final they liked Italy, Austria, Ukraine more and Azerbaijan seem as good as before for them and she fall from ten points to 5 or 6 and voila.

And frankly she didn't do that Badly 66 points is a correct result in my opinion

MyHeartIsYours

Also this the second year running that the United Kingdom Televote has given douze points to Ireland, c'mon Ireland, we want some back! :twisted:

Joyride

The German jury votes are revealed. Number in brackets says how many points Germany gave altogether (jury AND televoters)

Final

12 Austria (12)
10 Denmark (6)
8 Finland (2)
7 Slovenia (1)
6 Italy (3)
5 Ireland (8)
4 Moldavia (4)
3 Hungary (0)
2 UK (0)
1 Estland (0)

Second Semi

12 Denmark
10 Austria
8 Ireland
7 Moldavia
6 Slovenia
5 Bulgaria
4 Slovakia
3 Romania
2 Netherlands
1 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Sabiondo

^Then the Western countries keeping talking crap about Easten neibourds voting when the Germany jury gave theirs 10 & 12 to Austria and Denmark...¡¡¡ :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom