Contact us

Speculate: Fishiness of 2021

Loindici

Veteran
Fishiness of 2021

Speculate what suspicious actions you think went behind the curtains of Eurovision 2021!​

NeoTen

Ooh and several countries complaining on twitter about televotes getting bounced and rejected with the rejection message only received around midnight. I believe one delegation did file a complaint, but I'm not on-site anymore, anyone heard a follow-up?

Loindici

Veteran
I think has nothing to do with the juries though some of them were fishy as well...

I'm more concerned with the televote clearly being tampered with in some countries.

Hmm, give me some examples, please...

or is it the case with Moldova for example?

Loindici

Veteran
I know the Swedish and Norwegian juries their music tastes better, that along with checking their social media and own work, in 40% of the cases they've produced and sung this type of song. That and cross-checking patterns in voting only points to them + the Netherlands having an abnormal amount of agreement in voting while coming from very different backgrounds.

Yeah, I expect the Swedish and Norwegian juries would love a simple pop song like Croatia's. However, since the jury votes hasn't been disclosed fully, I wonder if some of the points that Albina got were actually theirs. But speaking of Israel somehow getting quite high on the juries, it is indeed fishy.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Hmm, give me some examples, please...

or is it the case with Moldova for example?

for example, Slovenia giving Greece 8 points even though out of 1000 comments on RTV site I didn't see one comment that said that Greece was his/her favorite..

or what about Moldova getting 12 from France in the semi even though she had the weakest vocals ever.

Loindici

Veteran
:az:'s televoters gave :no: 10 in the semi, meaning the fake Tix-Efendi ship cost :hr: a place in the final. Discuss.

:no: gave :az: 6 points as well, meaning the Efentix ship succeeded. However, I never was buying anything about that horrible PR stunt. I don' t know how to explain the jury votes though since Azeri jury gave nothing :ROFLMAO:

Loindici

Veteran
for example, Slovenia giving Greece 8 points even though out of 1000 comments on RTV site I didn't see one comment that said that Greece was his/her favorite..

or what about Moldova getting 12 from France in the semi even though she had the weakest vocals ever.

I wonder if they have anything to do with the voting errors. It was also out of my mind since Sugar was never promoted in France as far as I know.

Shadowfuxcs

I'm not bothering to look into in detail but there were a lot of fishy jury votes for Moldova and Greece by countries that have collaborated with the dream team. However I don't think there was anything fishy about their televote. Moldova was the right kind of trash and Stephania had a good day and was better than her overhyped direct competitors (Malta, Cyprus, San Marino) so she beat them fairly with the public. Also the Greek staging might have been messy but there was a lot of camera time focused on Stephania alone while other bops had busy staging and didn't allow viewers to connect as much with the performer.

Oh by the way the joke with the Italian jury needs to stop. Every year they blank their competition and give 12 to a non-favorite (Denmark in 2019, Lithuania in 2021, etc). Not to take anything away from those acts but the motivation behind this voting is clear. The French jury did the same by giving 12 points to Greece. Fair play to Switzerland that voted fairly and didn't engage in strategic voting.

Miloutchi

Oh by the way the joke with the Italian jury needs to stop. Every year they blank their competition and give 12 to a non-favorite (Denmark in 2019, Lithuania in 2021, etc). Not to take anything away from those acts but the motivation behind this voting is clear. The French jury did the same by giving 12 points to Greece. Fair play to Switzerland that voted fairly and didn't engage in strategic voting.
This. This exactly. It annoys me even more than countries exchanging 12 points.

I’m happy that Italy won and France has a deserving 2nd place, but this is just so low and underhanded.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
All the countries that gave Moldova 12 in their televote during the semis followed by what was delivered in the final from them:

:cz: 12
:pt: 8
:fr: 7
:sm: 6
:ee: 0 (19th)
:lv: 0 (11th)
:gr: → 0 (21st)
:rs: → 0 (22nd)

cat-clown-costume-120-d112263_vert.jpg

That bottom 4 especially is super sus, and I'd have an emergency meeting to eject Kirkorov for it. It is totally plausible for songs to drop down from their semi voting position but to lose over 20 places, no way. That is easy foul play at hand. Not only that its laughable to think half the voting countries thought that performance was the best.

Loindici

Veteran
This. This exactly. It annoys me even more than countries exchanging 12 points.

I’m happy that Italy won and France has a deserving 2nd place, but this is just so low and underhanded.

It's not only you guys, I was noticing these practices and kinda got sad over it.

Sure, you want to win, but putting a set of juries and telling them 'don't rank x x and x anywhere in top 10 since these are our competition' is pretty filthy

ESC94

I'm not bothering to look into in detail but there were a lot of fishy jury votes for Moldova and Greece by countries that have collaborated with the dream team. However I don't think there was anything fishy about their televote. Moldova was the right kind of trash and Stephania had a good day and was better than her overhyped direct competitors (Malta, Cyprus, San Marino) so she beat them fairly with the public. Also the Greek staging might have been messy but there was a lot of camera time focused on Stephania alone while other bops had busy staging and didn't allow viewers to connect as much with the performer.

This!! The Italian jury vote is pretty weird for a very long time already. I mean, :12: for :az: 2017, :no: 2018, :dk: 2019?? I´m happy they finally won, but these jury votes smell pretty fishy and strategic. :mad:

Shadowfuxcs

This!! The Italian jury vote is pretty weird for a very long time already. I mean, :12: for :az: 2017, :no: 2018, :dk: 2019?? I´m happy they finally won, but these jury votes smell pretty fishy and strategic. :mad:
Since 2017 Italian juries have given these points to the non-Italian top two songs:

Portugal 5
Bulgaria 2
Israel 2
Cyprus 3
Netherlands 0
Russia 0
France 3
Swizterland 0

ESC94

Since 2017 Italian juries have given these points to the non-Italian top two songs:

Portugal 5
Bulgaria 2
Israel 2
Cyprus 3
Netherlands 0
Russia 0
France 3
Swizterland 0

Yeah, that´s absolutely strange. Especially the :12: for :no: 2018 is something I still don´t understand. What did they like about this childish kindergarten song?? Did they have too much ramazzotti?? xfacepalm

crashworld

Veteran
For me the serious answer is whether there were individual jurors who might have downgraded Israel because of recent events that had nothing to with Eden.

I am not surprised if they do that just so they don't want their names to be attached to giving Israel's points. But Eden still did respectably well with the juries in the grand final.
To be honest, I was hoping Eden to enter top 10 with the juries (or even top 5) because I am expecting the televotes to be very low (and it turned out true).

crashworld

Veteran
But speaking of Israel somehow getting quite high on the juries, it is indeed fishy.

Why is that fishy? Eden did respectably well with the juries in the grand final too.
If anything, whoever gave Moldova the 12s are the most suspicious ones.

Loindici

Veteran
Why is that fishy? Eden did respectably well with the juries in the grand final too.
If anything, whoever gave Moldova the 12s are the most suspicious ones.

It's in relation to Croatia, which virtually has the same formula, yet Croatia loses the battle, perhaps?

crashworld

Veteran
It's in relation to Croatia, which virtually has the same formula, yet Croatia loses the battle, perhaps?

It's just a female uptempo that's all. There are 3 others with the same formula in the same semi (ie. Cyprus, Malta, Azerbaijan), why single Israel out? Eden simply did well because she killed with her whistle tones. I am pretty sure alot of juries fell for it and reward Eden for it.

abenteuer

Totally agree. Switzerland came in 24th place with the Italian jury -- so unbelievable!

Ezio

Veteran
The fairplay awards go to Switzerland and Ukraine this year, I would say.

I loved the voting in 2014, when Netherlands, Austria and Sweden did not blank each other at all, but Armenia gave a very bizarre vote.

2017 on the other hand was not quite nice neither, but I get that Portugal and Bulgaria must have been very anxious not to ruin their chances. Their jury votes were utter BS.

Top Bottom